Shutterfly Engineering Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shutterfly in March 2011.

I spoke with 9 different team members at Shutterfly. The interview process was very well-organized. The interviews ranged from fairly technical to generally business oriented. The company culture is close-knit and collaborative. The organization is very much matrix-oriented, with product management separate from engineering. I'd advise a technical job candidate to focus very much on tech execution and a product management candidate to stay away from strong technology opinions.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were very difficult in isolation, but there is a certain cultural expectation of product and engineering functions being separate.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shutterfly in April 2010.

Interview was a full 4.5 hours (right through lunch, with no food--good thing I brought something to snack on). Lots of practical stuff, good amount of time on the whiteboard, but nothing outrageously difficult. HR representative received me initially, and printed out a schedule and packet about the company, and who I'd be meeting with (mid way through that changed, too). She was very friendly, as were most of the folks.

Overall, I thought it was a fine experience.

Interview Questions
    • In javascript, what are uses of a closure? (not all that hard)   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Shutterfly in August 2010.

Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 managers/directors. Pretty broad CS questions but nothing too difficult. Felt like a very nurturing environment where you can learn a lot and improve as an engineer.