Shutterfly Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.7

Production Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone consultation then two skype interviews two days later. Then a week later I emailed them for a followup and the next day got the offer. only downfall was the offer was 11 days before I started and I had to move 12 hours. No relocation assistance.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. e.g. Describe a time you had a difficult situation at work and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

1st I was a little annoyed because I put the address that the recruiter gave in my GPS and it kept taking me to a housing development on the wrong street. I tried to call because I figured I was close but didn't know where to go exactly. I called three times no one picked up. I would have been early or just right on time if I would have had proper directions from the beginning or if someone would have been the to pick up the phone. Ontp the hiring process, You take two tests, they were pretty easy. If you pass,you go into the interview. Then they email you to let you know if you were selected. I thought passing the skills test and having similar experience was a good thing, to me that means you have the skills to do the job or at least the potential. Interview but overall I thought this was a good interview but they emailed me the same day saying I wasn't selected. I'm disappointed and I should not have compared this process to other places I guess. Any other time I went through a process of testing,passing the test and interviewing in the same day I was usually hired. When I don't get a job I will just move on and keep looking. This time I am actually a little frustrated. I usually know where I went wrong in an interview, I would like to know what disqualified me specially but I doubt the recruiter will actually let me know. Also this was kind of a long day and I wish it would have been worth the drive and my time. I was looking forward to working for this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about being a part of any competitions at work as they sometimes have them.   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Three interviews. The first was a phone interview where I spoke with the hiring manager and then a senior recruiter. About two weeks later I had an in-person interview with four managers, meeting with each separately for half an hour. Then, later that week, I had a final phone interview with a VP. The senior recruiter called to offer me the job about two hours later. The overall experience went really smoothly and everyone was nice and easy to talk to. The interviews felt more like business strategy conversations.

Interview Questions

• What three words would your current coworkers use to describe you?   Answer Question

Data Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Application got selected after a month. Got a call from HR and it went well. The next round was with a panel of 3 engineers and asked technical questions. After the initial selection of application the interview process was very quick.

Interview Questions

• Completely depends on the interviewer. Go through your projects well and in detail. Also have knowledge about the big data technologies and database concepts   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and very efficient. I had a phone interview with a university recruiter then was scheduled for an in person interview at the company site in Redwood City. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and clearly passionate about their job and the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to pursue HR when I have background in Marketing?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Initial communication was with someone in recruiting. She coordinated the phone interview with the hiring manager, which went smoothly. I was then invited in for an onsite interview with multiple team members. After the onsite interview I never heard back from anyone. I followed up with the recruiter and she said she'd have someone get back to me. Never heard back from anyone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, then if you pass that you go to their hiring agency and take a test on a computer. (Mine had a ton of glitches on the questions). You have to score an 80 or higher in order to go to the next interview which is an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• In three words, how would you describe yourself? What is the difference between a search engine and a web browser? What is your availability and if I was willing to work 12 - 14 hour days? Have I ever had any felonies/ misdemeanors? Have I ever used live chat/ email to respond to customers? The test at the hiring agency was 50 questions - most multiple choice. However, a lot of the questions were "check all that apply". So, some were a little tricky to answer. I had to construct an email as well as take a typing test.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Interview was for one of two Senior Designer positions at Shutterfly headquarters and Tiny Prints, accordingly. HR was efficient, positive, and thorough. Provided company background, further detail on the positions, and typical project information. This initial screen call went very well by all accounts. Questions fielded included technical skills, work history, and salary expectations. Advised at end of interview that all sounded good, and that HR would set up a second interview with personnel from the creative department. This was a very positive interview. However, HR neglected to follow up on the second interview, despite several emails. Two weeks later, received a very positive email from HR requesting another time to connect over the phone. Instead of the interview that had been enthusiastically proposed, HR missed the call time, then when called, advised that both positions had been filled. HR had knowledge that I was interviewing with other employers at the time. I would have appreciated more timely notice that the positions had been filled, rather than waiting a further week for a short phone call. Despite this, the screen interview itself was a very positive experience and conveyed Shutterfly as a very convivial workplace.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Interview was for a program manager position in the Creative Services department. HR was very efficient and detailed. Provided an agenda, company information and genearl expectations. Screen call with HR, followed by call from hiring manager, then 2.5hr onsite interview. All within a week. This was accelerated primarily due to my interview status with company X. Accommodated scheduling conflicts under very short timing. Great communication. Interviewed with four individuals from within the department and work function. Asked about my experience and scenario questions - "tell me about a time when you..." Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Felt very positive from overall interview. HR responded quickly after the interview as I had an offer from company X, but was ultimately not offered a position. No reasoning provided. Communication basically stopped after that, so I accepted the other offer.

Interview Questions

• What is a good design brief? All other questions were expected - related to program management or process improvement.   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in January 2015.

Interview

Applied for a Merchandising job. Based on the job description, I definitely was a great fit. I interviewed with a corporate recruiter who did not seem to understand what skills the position required. I also wondered if she read my resume...as she seemed to be confused about my background.However, I thought the interview went fairly well. After not hearing from her, I called the recruiter and I was told that they felt my background would be a better fit for a different position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Shutterfly? What do you know about the position?   Answer Question