Shutterfly Interview Questions

2.8

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in September 2014.

I was contacted by two different people about my application. One was from CoreStaff, the on-site company they use for their recruiting. As I corresponded with him, another email came from the actual Production Team Manager. I was sent the three assessment quizzes and did very well. The quizzes dealt with English/grammar, basic design skills, and pattern/critical thinking. The next step was a request for work samples. I sent a link to my portfolio. I assume they viewed my work. I just completed a telephone interview and they told me they would be scheduling face-to-face interviews in a couple of weeks. It's been a very detailed process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't particularly difficult. Most of them were the basic interview questions (tell me about an instance when detail was very important, etc...) combined with basic questions about Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Also, things like proofreading and editing.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shutterfly in September 2014.

Very chaotic process. Interview was rescheduled couple times. I supposed to talk to hiring manager but ended up with some engineer. At first attempt I actually pointed out that they mixed it up so they change it but manager was not able to call me. Second time they did it again so I gave up. Interviewer was from different group so he has no clue about the position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shutterfly in August 2014.

I directly contacted the in-house staffing agency that handled all or most (?) of the hiring. Interviewed with Shutterfly supervisor that day. Job offered the next afternoon. Very easy process, and very quick, as they were in a hurry to staff their new facility. It is technically a "contract" position, hired by the staffing agency to work for Shutterfly, but they claim there is the opportunity to stay on and become an official hire by Shutterfly. Staffers and supervisors have been very transparent about what the position is and what they expect of those employed in this position.

Interview Questions
    • Interview consisted of questions related to customer service work experience: type, ability, and technology used.   Answer Question
    Hourly wage not negotiable. Shifts (work hours) are selected at random during training (within a range of pre-disclosed time blocks).

IT Consultant Interview

Very friendly company. Unable to get initial interview set-up after initial phone call. I left several messages, but received no return call despite being promised one. Unfortunately, this falls right in line with many other applicant experiences that have been reported on Glassdoor. Thus, I'm not going to call them if they don't follow through with a return call. Busy or not, there is a certain expected level of business etiquette that should be adhered to. If you said you were going to call me, you should.

Interview Questions
    • Phone screen didn't happen after initial phone contact because they never called me back.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days. Initial phone interview a day later, and second phone interview on the same day. Offered a position maybe an hour or two later - the whole process took was completed within less than a week!

Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the technical interview isn't too bad as long as you remember your fundamentals.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly in June 2014.

I was told to show up early, which I did and still ended up waiting about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. Met with one manager and then 2 others in a different room and then took pretend calls. I applied through the website and nowhere did it say these were temp positions through an agency. I was told in the interview that these were temp positions. Also, salary is not what I expected. I read online several places, including this site and a Shakopee newspaper that the average pay was a lot higher. I felt misled, not about the salary because the company never actually said that, but about the temp positions. They should have been straightforward and I wouldn't have wasted my time or theirs. I'm not sure why such an important detail was left out. At the end, after the pretend calls, I was shown the door. It felt very cold and I kind of thought "is this over?" The person who walked me out wasn't even any of the people I interviewed with.

I know that MN is giving them a lot of tax breaks and benefits for building here but I'd like to see them uphold their end. When they promised jobs, I'm sure everyone thought they meant jobs through Shutterfly and not their temp agency where they can fire and layoff people at their whim.

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shutterfly in June 2014.

The hiring process was long but the new location just opened. There were lots of steps, online application, three online skills quizzes, phone interview and an in-person interview with two people at separate times. The interview was pleasant and the people are nice. Some questions were about image resolution but most were customer service related.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you explain what a low-resolution image means to a customer?   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Applied online. Was contacted and asked to take three online quizzes. The quizzes were timed and hand to do with spelling, grammar, program knowledge, and attention to detail. After the quiz phase I was contacted for a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shutterfly in May 2014.

This was a bad interview experience because of the interviewers. It was a Skype interview, They came off as disinterested and unfriendly. While I was working on the question they gave me, they were working on their own laptops. I tried to talk to them while coding to explain my thought process but they seemed not to care what I said. They gave me an impression that Shutterfly is a dull place to work. The recruiter was very nice and interview questions were fair though. They asked about sorts and logic questions.

Interview Questions
    • For any positive integer n, define d(n) to be n plus the sum of the digits of n. For example, d(75) = 75 + 7 + 5 = 87. The number n is called a generator of d(n). Some numbers have more than one generator: for example, 101 has two generators, 91 and 100. A number with no generators is a self-number. There are thirteen self-numbers less than 100: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 20, 31, 42, 53, 64, 75, 86, and 97. Write a function that returns the number of positive self-numbers less than a number, threshold.   Answer Question

Content Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in April 2014.

2 phone interviews, one 1to1 interview, and one phone call with my supervisor, in addition to filling out a questionnaire. the entire process took very long and I never received any feedback.