Shutterfly

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Shakopee, MN

I applied online - interviewed at Shutterfly in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was told to show up early, which I did and still ended up waiting about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. Met with one manager and then 2 others in a different room and then took pretend calls. I applied through the website and nowhere did it say these were temp positions through an agency. I was told in the interview that these were temp positions. Also, salary is not what I expected. I read online several places, including this site and a Shakopee newspaper that the average pay was a lot higher. I felt misled, not about the salary because the company never actually said that, but about the temp positions. They should have been straightforward and I wouldn't have wasted my time or theirs. I'm not sure why such an important detail was left out. At the end, after the pretend calls, I was shown the door. It felt very cold and I kind of thought "is this over?" The person who walked me out wasn't even any of the people I interviewed with.

I know that MN is giving them a lot of tax breaks and benefits for building here but I'd like to see them uphold their end. When they promised jobs, I'm sure everyone thought they meant jobs through Shutterfly and not their temp agency where they can fire and layoff people at their whim.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

Production Designer
Shakopee, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Shutterfly in June 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long but the new location just opened. There were lots of steps, online application, three online skills quizzes, phone interview and an in-person interview with two people at separate times. The interview was pleasant and the people are nice. Some questions were about image resolution but most were customer service related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer.   Answer Question
  • How would you explain what a low-resolution image means to a customer?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

Interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview Details – Very friendly company. Unable to get initial interview set-up after initial phone call. I left several messages, but received no return call despite being promised one. Unfortunately, this falls right in line with many other applicant experiences that have been reported on Glassdoor. Thus, I'm not going to call them if they don't follow through with a return call. Busy or not, there is a certain expected level of business etiquette that should be adhered to. If you said you were going to call me, you should.

Interview Question – Phone screen didn't happen after initial phone contact because they never called me back.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted within a few days. Initial phone interview a day later, and second phone interview on the same day. Offered a position maybe an hour or two later - the whole process took was completed within less than a week!

Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the technical interview isn't too bad as long as you remember your fundamentals.

Interview Question – Mostly data structures stuff.   Answer Question

Content Production Designer Interview

Content Production Designer
Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Shutterfly in April 2014.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews, one 1to1 interview, and one phone call with my supervisor, in addition to filling out a questionnaire. the entire process took very long and I never received any feedback.

Interview Question – did you ever have a problem with your manager?   Answer Question

Public Relations Manager Interview

Public Relations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Shutterfly in February 2012.

Interview Details – Very lengthy interview process that seemed a bit excessive. After meeting with numerous team members and the COO and working with the recruiter for two months, I received a form (dear blank...) email notifying me that the position had been filled.

Interview Question – What do you regret about your career?   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Production Artist

Interviewed at Shutterfly

Interview Details – Applied online. Was contacted and asked to take three online quizzes. The quizzes were timed and hand to do with spelling, grammar, program knowledge, and attention to detail. After the quiz phase I was contacted for a phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was too difficult.   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Production Artist

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Shutterfly in October 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process was very thorough. I went through three different interviews - phone, initial, then follow up. I was very impressed with the interviewer.

Interview Question – There were specific questions about the software they use (Adobe) that, while not difficult, would definitely weed out any one who wasn't familiar with the programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offered a position at a certain level of pay, and I could either accept or decline it.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shutterfly in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met the recruiter and hiring manager at one of their hiring events. The manager asked me to go to the office for a more detailed interview, but didn't get back to me for at least a week. I emailed them to ask when the schedule is and instead, got a phone call from the recruiter to say I wasn't a fit. No explanations on what really happened.

Intern Interview

Intern
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Shutterfly in March 2013.

Interview Details – Spoke to a recruiter at my university career fair and applied for an internship online in January 2013. In March, I was emailed for a phone interview with the recruiter and then a second phone interview with the hiring manager in April. Both went well, and I was told they would get back to me within a couple weeks. I heard no response after. I had to email both the recruiter and the hiring manager multiple times, and finally in May they told me that the position had been filled. They could have sent a simple email to inform me when the position had been filled earlier.

Interview Question – All pretty average, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!