Shutterfly Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

I directly contacted the in-house staffing agency that handled all or most (?) of the hiring. Interviewed with Shutterfly supervisor that day. Job offered the next afternoon. Very easy process, and very quick, as they were in a hurry to staff their new facility. It is technically a "contract" position, hired by the staffing agency to work for Shutterfly, but they claim there is the opportunity to stay on and become an official hire by Shutterfly. Staffers and supervisors have been very transparent about what the position is and what they expect of those employed in this position.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of questions related to customer service work experience: type, ability, and technology used.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage not negotiable. Shifts (work hours) are selected at random during training (within a range of pre-disclosed time blocks).

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

Very slow to respond to application; then phone screening for interview; followed by face to face interview in facility with managers; and fairy quick response after interview. Formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with people from different backgrounds and levels of work experience?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

Very friendly company. Unable to get initial interview set-up after initial phone call. I left several messages, but received no return call despite being promised one. Unfortunately, this falls right in line with many other applicant experiences that have been reported on Glassdoor. Thus, I'm not going to call them if they don't follow through with a return call. Busy or not, there is a certain expected level of business etiquette that should be adhered to. If you said you were going to call me, you should.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen didn't happen after initial phone contact because they never called me back.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days. Initial phone interview a day later, and second phone interview on the same day. Offered a position maybe an hour or two later - the whole process took was completed within less than a week!

Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the technical interview isn't too bad as long as you remember your fundamentals.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told to show up early, which I did and still ended up waiting about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. Met with one manager and then 2 others in a different room and then took pretend calls. I applied through the website and nowhere did it say these were temp positions through an agency. I was told in the interview that these were temp positions. Also, salary is not what I expected. I read online several places, including this site and a Shakopee newspaper that the average pay was a lot higher. I felt misled, not about the salary because the company never actually said that, but about the temp positions. They should have been straightforward and I wouldn't have wasted my time or theirs. I'm not sure why such an important detail was left out. At the end, after the pretend calls, I was shown the door. It felt very cold and I kind of thought "is this over?" The person who walked me out wasn't even any of the people I interviewed with.

I know that MN is giving them a lot of tax breaks and benefits for building here but I'd like to see them uphold their end. When they promised jobs, I'm sure everyone thought they meant jobs through Shutterfly and not their temp agency where they can fire and layoff people at their whim.

Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was long but the new location just opened. There were lots of steps, online application, three online skills quizzes, phone interview and an in-person interview with two people at separate times. The interview was pleasant and the people are nice. Some questions were about image resolution but most were customer service related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you explain what a low-resolution image means to a customer?   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted and asked to take three online quizzes. The quizzes were timed and hand to do with spelling, grammar, program knowledge, and attention to detail. After the quiz phase I was contacted for a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shutterfly in May 2014.

Interview

This was a bad interview experience because of the interviewers. It was a Skype interview, They came off as disinterested and unfriendly. While I was working on the question they gave me, they were working on their own laptops. I tried to talk to them while coding to explain my thought process but they seemed not to care what I said. They gave me an impression that Shutterfly is a dull place to work. The recruiter was very nice and interview questions were fair though. They asked about sorts and logic questions.

Interview Questions

• For any positive integer n, define d(n) to be n plus the sum of the digits of n. For example, d(75) = 75 + 7 + 5 = 87. The number n is called a generator of d(n). Some numbers have more than one generator: for example, 101 has two generators, 91 and 100. A number with no generators is a self-number. There are thirteen self-numbers less than 100: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 20, 31, 42, 53, 64, 75, 86, and 97. Write a function that returns the number of positive self-numbers less than a number, threshold.   Answer Question

Content Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one 1to1 interview, and one phone call with my supervisor, in addition to filling out a questionnaire. the entire process took very long and I never received any feedback.

Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shutterfly (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for a one on one interview within a couple days. I was interviewed by two people who took turns asking questions. Some of the questions that were asked were:

1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

There were other questions asked, but I can't recall what they were as this was several years ago. After the interview, I showed my portfolio and was asked to do a skills test to identify errors on their cards.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that were too difficult to answer.   Answer Question