Shutterfly

2.8

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Shutterfly in June 2014.

The hiring process was long but the new location just opened. There were lots of steps, online application, three online skills quizzes, phone interview and an in-person interview with two people at separate times. The interview was pleasant and the people are nice. Some questions were about image resolution but most were customer service related.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you explain what a low-resolution image means to a customer?   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Applied online. Was contacted and asked to take three online quizzes. The quizzes were timed and hand to do with spelling, grammar, program knowledge, and attention to detail. After the quiz phase I was contacted for a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Shutterfly in May 2014.

This was a bad interview experience because of the interviewers. It was a Skype interview, They came off as disinterested and unfriendly. While I was working on the question they gave me, they were working on their own laptops. I tried to talk to them while coding to explain my thought process but they seemed not to care what I said. They gave me an impression that Shutterfly is a dull place to work. The recruiter was very nice and interview questions were fair though. They asked about sorts and logic questions.

Interview Questions
    • For any positive integer n, define d(n) to be n plus the sum of the digits of n. For example, d(75) = 75 + 7 + 5 = 87. The number n is called a generator of d(n). Some numbers have more than one generator: for example, 101 has two generators, 91 and 100. A number with no generators is a self-number. There are thirteen self-numbers less than 100: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 20, 31, 42, 53, 64, 75, 86, and 97. Write a function that returns the number of positive self-numbers less than a number, threshold.   Answer Question

Content Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in April 2014.

2 phone interviews, one 1to1 interview, and one phone call with my supervisor, in addition to filling out a questionnaire. the entire process took very long and I never received any feedback.

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shutterfly.

I applied online and got a phone call for a one on one interview within a couple days. I was interviewed by two people who took turns asking questions. Some of the questions that were asked were:

1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

There were other questions asked, but I can't recall what they were as this was several years ago. After the interview, I showed my portfolio and was asked to do a skills test to identify errors on their cards.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in March 2014.

Met the recruiter and hiring manager at one of their hiring events. The manager asked me to go to the office for a more detailed interview, but didn't get back to me for at least a week. I emailed them to ask when the schedule is and instead, got a phone call from the recruiter to say I wasn't a fit. No explanations on what really happened.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly in January 2014.

I applied for the position online, and was contacted one week later via email to arrange a phone screen. I spoke with a very friendly recruiter over the phone, and was scheduled for an onsite interview one week later.

Onsite I met with several potential co-workers and my potential manager. Nothing unexpected -- they asked about my past work experience, explained the role in-depth, and allowed me to ask questions about the company. It was a very relaxed process. The manager in particular gave me positive feedback, and said the team would follow up by Monday.

And then... nothing. I emailed my initial contact on Tuesday and asked if they had made a hiring decision. Nothing. I emailed the manager and asked the same. Nothing. I noticed the position had been re-posted on LinkedIn. But again, nothing. That was very disappointing. I would have preferred a canned "thanks but no thanks" email, or a "we are still seeking candidates and will keep you in mind" email over nothing at all. Any candidate who comes onsite deserves some form of follow-up. Ignoring them completely is simply rude.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Typical interview questions (Why Shutterfly? Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you stay organized?)   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly.

Applied through Staffing agencies. Got a Quick Response and Interview process was Easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing great. General Coding Questions and QA Related Questions.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly.

I submitted a resume and application through LinkedIn, then was contacted via email within a matter of days by a talent specialist. First, there was a pretty standard phone interview conducted by an HR person, then an in-person group interview with the hiring manager and team members was arranged via email.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were mostly centered around previous experience and the types of clients and projects I managed. None of the questions were extraordinarily difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly.

It's a beautiful facility! First, I interviewed with a team leader- we talked about the job in general and she asked a few questions. These questions pertained to handling customer service situations, life questions and scheduling questions. Next, I interviewed with a manager- the questions were the same. Great process!