Shutterfly Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met the recruiter and hiring manager at one of their hiring events. The manager asked me to go to the office for a more detailed interview, but didn't get back to me for at least a week. I emailed them to ask when the schedule is and instead, got a phone call from the recruiter to say I wasn't a fit. No explanations on what really happened.

Talent Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and was contacted one week later via email to arrange a phone screen. I spoke with a very friendly recruiter over the phone, and was scheduled for an onsite interview one week later.

Onsite I met with several potential co-workers and my potential manager. Nothing unexpected -- they asked about my past work experience, explained the role in-depth, and allowed me to ask questions about the company. It was a very relaxed process. The manager in particular gave me positive feedback, and said the team would follow up by Monday.

And then... nothing. I emailed my initial contact on Tuesday and asked if they had made a hiring decision. Nothing. I emailed the manager and asked the same. Nothing. I noticed the position had been re-posted on LinkedIn. But again, nothing. That was very disappointing. I would have preferred a canned "thanks but no thanks" email, or a "we are still seeking candidates and will keep you in mind" email over nothing at all. Any candidate who comes onsite deserves some form of follow-up. Ignoring them completely is simply rude.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Typical interview questions (Why Shutterfly? Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you stay organized?)   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Applied through Staffing agencies. Got a Quick Response and Interview process was Easy.

Interview Questions

• Nothing great. General Coding Questions and QA Related Questions.   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

I submitted a resume and application through LinkedIn, then was contacted via email within a matter of days by a talent specialist. First, there was a pretty standard phone interview conducted by an HR person, then an in-person group interview with the hiring manager and team members was arranged via email.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly centered around previous experience and the types of clients and projects I managed. None of the questions were extraordinarily difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

It's a beautiful facility! First, I interviewed with a team leader- we talked about the job in general and she asked a few questions. These questions pertained to handling customer service situations, life questions and scheduling questions. Next, I interviewed with a manager- the questions were the same. Great process!

Production Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Shutterfly in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very thorough. I went through three different interviews - phone, initial, then follow up. I was very impressed with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• There were specific questions about the software they use (Adobe) that, while not difficult, would definitely weed out any one who wasn't familiar with the programs.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered a position at a certain level of pay, and I could either accept or decline it.

Architect/Database Administrator Interview

Interview

quite an unorganized interview, HR never kept a track of email communication, had to reconfirm the interview multiple times and in spite of the back and forth emails the architect who was supposed to interview never showed up. the manager who was supposed to interview was late, had a last minute interview by a manager who was not scheduled to interview.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

First HR called for a phone screen, then I was scheduled to come into the office for a series of in-person interviews with the 5 people I'd be working with. Then, HR called back and made me an offer. The in-person wasn't difficult, just was long and it's always hard to stay fresh by that last person.

Interview Questions

• For this role, they wanted to know my familiarity with direct mail marketing   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a set contract range. I had another opportunity, so I leveraged for the highest rate I could.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very transparent. From the first call from a Junior Recruiter on, they laid out when they would call, with whom and how it would work. Three phone interviews - junior recruiter, senior recruiter, hiring manager, then approximately 3 hours of face-to-face 30 minute interviews with team members. Everyone was extremely nice and no difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Asked how I would handle road-blocks escalated by assistants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is a contract position, so the rate was stated up front. The only negotiation I did was around start date.

Web Applications Developer(C&S) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in June 2013.

Interview

got email from HR , then one phone technical interview, second access internet online coding. The First person is senior developer, she is nice and polite, ask java/css/html/js basic question, some project experience and what I have known about their product.

It is my first time to share experience in glassdoor, one of reason urge me to get rid of my laziness is the second one is so bad! the team director called me late , and hang up call before scheduled time, so 45mins talk actually 30min, and exclude some questions, only 20mins for me to finish two coding question, when I ask more questions to make clear condition, she showed inpatient, push me to quickly, even some error, she found in my code, did not give me few seconds to fix it, i had many interviews before, never came across this situations, to be honest, I just graduated from school no more than half year, maybe they need very experienced people, I am not so qualified to this position, or her requirement, but when I asked her percentage of coding language, she expressed so upset, asked me"you ask me this?",it is soooooo rude, i do not think my questions offend her , even she did not know. it is really bad experience for me, next day I got reject letter from hr, suddenly I felt no bad, i cannot image how i can work with her in same team, especially she is kind of manager, even though i am very urgently to have a job now

Interview Questions

• coding question:
      1. write js slideshow program which loop each images display in the screen( when you loading page, automaticlly make slideshow animation)
      2 in place reverse string without java api