Shutterfly Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.7

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

Very slow to respond to application; then phone screening for interview; followed by face to face interview in facility with managers; and fairy quick response after interview. Formal job offer.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with people from different backgrounds and levels of work experience?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

Very friendly company. Unable to get initial interview set-up after initial phone call. I left several messages, but received no return call despite being promised one. Unfortunately, this falls right in line with many other applicant experiences that have been reported on Glassdoor. Thus, I'm not going to call them if they don't follow through with a return call. Busy or not, there is a certain expected level of business etiquette that should be adhered to. If you said you were going to call me, you should.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen didn't happen after initial phone contact because they never called me back.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a few days. Initial phone interview a day later, and second phone interview on the same day. Offered a position maybe an hour or two later - the whole process took was completed within less than a week! Everyone was incredibly friendly, and the technical interview isn't too bad as long as you remember your fundamentals.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

I was told to show up early, which I did and still ended up waiting about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview. Met with one manager and then 2 others in a different room and then took pretend calls. I applied through the website and nowhere did it say these were temp positions through an agency. I was told in the interview that these were temp positions. Also, salary is not what I expected. I read online several places, including this site and a Shakopee newspaper that the average pay was a lot higher. I felt misled, not about the salary because the company never actually said that, but about the temp positions. They should have been straightforward and I wouldn't have wasted my time or theirs. I'm not sure why such an important detail was left out. At the end, after the pretend calls, I was shown the door. It felt very cold and I kind of thought "is this over?" The person who walked me out wasn't even any of the people I interviewed with. I know that MN is giving them a lot of tax breaks and benefits for building here but I'd like to see them uphold their end. When they promised jobs, I'm sure everyone thought they meant jobs through Shutterfly and not their temp agency where they can fire and layoff people at their whim.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2014.

Interview

Recruited by a 3rd party recruiter. Entire process from first contact until offer was about 2.5 months. Had 1 call with the recruiter, 1 call with current person in the position, and then onsite interview with 3 managers. Timing was about 2 weeks in between each step. Everything was casual. Got an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• All standard questions about background and current position. A few behaviors questions.   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was long but the new location just opened. There were lots of steps, online application, three online skills quizzes, phone interview and an in-person interview with two people at separate times. The interview was pleasant and the people are nice. Some questions were about image resolution but most were customer service related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer.   Answer Question
    • How would you explain what a low-resolution image means to a customer?   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly in June 2014.

Interview

The process was lengthy partly because the facility was still under construction. Consisted of a phone screen, online tests, and 2 in-person interviews on the same day. The online tests were skill based for design programs and included a grammar test. The offer was sent via email, and there was zero negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe low resolution to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time you had an upset customer, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • What keyboard shortcuts do you use the most in Adobe?   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted and asked to take three online quizzes. The quizzes were timed and hand to do with spelling, grammar, program knowledge, and attention to detail. After the quiz phase I was contacted for a phone interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly in May 2014.

Interview

This was a bad interview experience because of the interviewers. It was a Skype interview, They came off as disinterested and unfriendly. While I was working on the question they gave me, they were working on their own laptops. I tried to talk to them while coding to explain my thought process but they seemed not to care what I said. They gave me an impression that Shutterfly is a dull place to work. The recruiter was very nice and interview questions were fair though. They asked about sorts and logic questions.

Interview Questions

• For any positive integer n, define d(n) to be n plus the sum of the digits of n. For example, d(75) = 75 + 7 + 5 = 87. The number n is called a generator of d(n). Some numbers have more than one generator: for example, 101 has two generators, 91 and 100. A number with no generators is a self-number. There are thirteen self-numbers less than 100: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 20, 31, 42, 53, 64, 75, 86, and 97. Write a function that returns the number of positive self-numbers less than a number, threshold.   Answer Question

Content Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in April 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one 1to1 interview, and one phone call with my supervisor, in addition to filling out a questionnaire. the entire process took very long and I never received any feedback.