Shutterfly

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

Customer Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in January 2013.

After applying online, I was contacted for an initial screening with HR. This was done over the phone. They let me know they would schedule a follow-up interview at the end, this time with the person who would be the supervised in the position. That interview lasted longer and wasn't too technical. It was more about bigger ideas of the project. This was also done on the phone, and at the end, I knew a follow-up would be scheduled.

The last interview was a one-on-one in person interview and it was more technical. The technical aspect wasn't what I was used to where it is like a test. It was more conversational. Overall, people were very friendly and even though I didn't get an offer, a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • This is hard to answer. Few questions had one right answer. So it was more like talking while trying to read reactions, which was a bit challenging.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shutterfly in January 2013.

My friend referred for a open position, got email and a telephonic interview was scheduled after clearing phone interview I was called for onsite interview where was interviewed by 4 people covering algorithms to data modeling quetions.

Interview Questions
    • Binary search tree natural order verification algorithm.   Answer Question

Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in August 2012.

Tiny Prints uses a staffing company for the initial phone and first round interviews. You must pass an online test showing knowledge of basic spelling, grammar, Photo Shop and InDesign.

Interview Questions
    • None - all basic customer service based questions read from a form.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Shutterfly in July 2012.

First round phone interview went well. She promised to call back within 4 days either way. Weeks later...nothing despite several follow-up emails.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in May 2012.

Interview Process: Multiple rounds but scheduling was easy with the recruiting staff.
    Hiring Process: 2 Rounds for negotiation. Overall a pleasant experience.
    Was easy and painless and though the process lasted for 3 weeks the feedback loop was very tight.

Short and Sweet

Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly in May 2012.

Interview communications arranged through the staffing agency, and scheduled by email. Only two interviewers and a small panel of three at the end. My perception of the people who interviewed me was very good. Casual office atmosphere and work culture... typical high-tech cubical environment. Although the company was in transition of moving some of its operations to Charlotte, NC and with this some disgruntled employees who were undecided about their own move, made it difficult to work there. However, overall everyone was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • draw two circles, a line and connect the two   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate... a take it or decline it offer... since it was short term and flexible hours, I decided to take it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shutterfly in April 2012.

I was contacted to come in for an interview. Originally I was scheduled to meet with 2 people and the manager. I met with one rep and the manager. I came in with a copy of my resume and the interview schedule. The representative I met with was professional. She had 5 interview questions on a piece of paper. I thought the interview had gone well until I met the manager. The manager appeared very unfriendly-she did not smile or make eye contact. The interview with her only lasted about 10 minutes. I got the feeling she decided not to hire me as soon as she walked in the door, even though I was asked questions like "This position will move very quickly-when can you start?". Subsequently I did not hear back from TinyPrints, even after sending an email to inquire about the status of the position, which is now marked as "closed" on the JobVite site. I would not recommend this company to others. Pay is very low and there was mention of having to work 7 days a week during the holiday season.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you gave out too much information?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Shutterfly in March 2012.

phone interview about Ajax, JavaScript, Database, Java, and OOP concepts

Public Relations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shutterfly in February 2012.

Very lengthy interview process that seemed a bit excessive. After meeting with numerous team members and the COO and working with the recruiter for two months, I received a form (dear blank...) email notifying me that the position had been filled.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Shutterfly in February 2012.

I am not sure if I oversold during the phone interview which lasted for an hour. I had to meet with 4 people for face to face interv .the interview lasted three and half hours.Yes Record. some Sql questions, Analytical tools....why shutterfly blabalba...then with the hiring manager a case study where I had a spreadsheet. bunch of lines of quarterly data not properly set for analytical purposes, more of dashboard views.
    Great team , great place to work., too bad I didn't get the job.