Shutterfly

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Shutterfly in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for posted position with one of the marketing teams. Interviewed with HR on phone initially who set up telephone interviews with Hiring Manager and then VP. After VP phone interview, HR set up 5 in person appointments at Shutterfly (including Hiring Manager and VP) on a single day.

Unbeknownst to me, the job description of available position had been changed and I was not informed of the change. Most of the questions being asked didn't make sense to me for the position I was interviewing for. Questions were pretty standard stuff, nothing difficult to have a conversation with potential peers. I felt the interviews went well and the hiring manager was excited and told me to expect an offer the following week.

I was told three times in the following week that they were working on an offer and was suprised to find out there was to be no offer. The explanation was that the hiring manager and VP had okayed my hire, but the peers I interviewed with didn't feel I was a good fit for the team: that I was opinionated, wasn't already a Shutterfly customer (utilized a competing service) and they didn't believe I was interviewing for the "right reasons".

Changing the job description without informing the person interviewing is ridiculous! After the fact, I understood why the potential peers asked the questions they did. My internal contact ended up being more of a hindrance than a help so it was a disappointing experience overall.

Interview Question – There were several questions regarding my management experience that I found odd, especially given that there was no staff oversight/management involved with the job I believed I was interviewing for.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Shutterfly in February 2011.

Interview Details – In ealry 2011 I submitted a resume to Shutterfly for a marketing position. They emailed a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with human resources for a marketing position at their Redwood City office. I did not hear back so I followed up with an email a week after the interview. I recived a form letter in response.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Shutterfly

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!

Shutterfly Videos

Shutterfly – Why Work for Us?

How many jobs help you celebrate new babies, parties, weddings, reunions, a trip to Disneyland or the Roman Coliseum... all in the same day? How many jobs help make people smile from ear to ear and shed tears of joy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shutterfly Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Shutterfly employees and interview candidates.