Shutterfly Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met the recruiter and hiring manager at one of their hiring events. The manager asked me to go to the office for a more detailed interview, but didn't get back to me for at least a week. I emailed them to ask when the schedule is and instead, got a phone call from the recruiter to say I wasn't a fit. No explanations on what really happened.

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process begins with the typical screening interview with the Sr HR Manager, followed by the Hiring Manager and then others as applicable. Initial round is by phone and then you're brought in person. Standard interview questions, nothing too tough or out of the ordinary. Everyone I interviewed with was very nice. There was some delay in communication between rounds - which I'm guessing is due to interviewing with other candidates. But in my opinion, the professional thing to do is to stay in touch even if it's to say we're interviewing others - I know I'm not the only one you're talking to.

Interview Questions

• Have you made any mistake twice and how have you course corrected?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The HR Managers are seasoned negotiators. Be sharp, don't give in. Write down what you are told at different times so you can compare your notes and have leverage when negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shutterfly (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter within days of submitting my resume. She was really friendly, and we had a great conversation. Unfortunately the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Why are you wanting to leave your current position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience doing [insert skill from job description].   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. Had a phone interview with a Recruiter and then came in a couple of times and met the hiring manager, two marketing managers and CMO. Fairly standard interview questions. Make sure you know about Shutterfly, the product offering, and have made a photo book before.

Interview Questions

• An example of a company that has exceptional marketing/advertising and a company that does not.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Shutterfly in March 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager felt that although I had great experience and credentials that they were only interested in bringing on people that had the specific skill sets of online marketing they were looking for. I felt that this was short-sighted but figured that in this economy they have the luxury to be this way.