Shutterfly

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Partner Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Shutterfly in August 2011.

I had a phone screen interview with an internal recruiter then an interview with 5 marketing team members for a Partner Marketing position. This was a pretty rigorous interview and I was there for about 3 hours. I was told I was a strong candidate. I was well-qualified for the position and I have an MBA. A few days after the interview I had an offer from another company. I emailed both the recruiter and the hiring manager. I told them I had another offer and wanted to know if they had a decision. They never responded. I understand that if they had come to a decision but to outright not respond is terrible. I think it is very unprofessional to ask someone to come for an interview for three hours and not respond to status of hiring. I did not hear back from them for several months and then when I finally did hear from them I received a canned email response that I was not being considered for the position. With a 3-4 hour in-person interview invested the company should have at LEAST responded to my inquiries with an email or better yet a personal phone call. The fact that Shutterfly recruiters and hiring manager never responded to my emails post-interview, nor contacted me after the interview I find very unprofessional. This has changed my mind about the integrity of the company. I no longer use Shutterfly for personal uses either because I am so outraged out how they conduct business. I tell friends and family not to use Shutterfly. I was a HUGE advocate of the company prior to this interview but the fact that they would waste my time interviewing and then be so disrespectful as to not let me know the status after is not appropriate. It sends a signal that employees are disposable. I now have a great job but I will forever dislike Shutterfly.

Interview Questions