Shutterfly

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Partner Marketing Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Shutterfly in August 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen interview with an internal recruiter then an interview with 5 marketing team members for a Partner Marketing position. This was a pretty rigorous interview and I was there for about 3 hours. I was told I was a strong candidate. I was well-qualified for the position and I have an MBA. A few days after the interview I had an offer from another company. I emailed both the recruiter and the hiring manager. I told them I had another offer and wanted to know if they had a decision. They never responded. I understand that if they had come to a decision but to outright not respond is terrible. I think it is very unprofessional to ask someone to come for an interview for three hours and not respond to status of hiring. I did not hear back from them for several months and then when I finally did hear from them I received a canned email response that I was not being considered for the position. With a 3-4 hour in-person interview invested the company should have at LEAST responded to my inquiries with an email or better yet a personal phone call. The fact that Shutterfly recruiters and hiring manager never responded to my emails post-interview, nor contacted me after the interview I find very unprofessional. This has changed my mind about the integrity of the company. I no longer use Shutterfly for personal uses either because I am so outraged out how they conduct business. I tell friends and family not to use Shutterfly. I was a HUGE advocate of the company prior to this interview but the fact that they would waste my time interviewing and then be so disrespectful as to not let me know the status after is not appropriate. It sends a signal that employees are disposable. I now have a great job but I will forever dislike Shutterfly.

Interview Question – ROI on marketing solutions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Shutterfly

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!

Shutterfly Videos

Shutterfly – Why Work for Us?

How many jobs help you celebrate new babies, parties, weddings, reunions, a trip to Disneyland or the Roman Coliseum... all in the same day? How many jobs help make people smile from ear to ear and shed tears of joy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shutterfly Partner Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Shutterfly employees and interview candidates.