Sibley Memorial Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sibley Memorial Hospital

Executive Assistant to the President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital in June 2014.

The hospital's HR department is run as if it is still the 1950s. You are telephoned by an assistant in the department who has no information on the job at all and is only there to make an appointment for you to come in and chat with a member of their HR staff. They only have certain hours in the middle of the day and make no allowances to people who work.

I made it through all four levels of in-person interviews and found it to be a major waste of time. The first level was a ten minute conversation with a low-level HR specialist who used the traditional index of HR questions from the 50s. The old name a strength and weakness. Favorite colour... This interview ends and you are sent on your way.

This then led to a second interview with another HR person who had been there since the building was built. The exact questions asked again, no originality at all and again takes only 10 minutes. These two interviews could have been over the phone since the hospital is hard to get to in the middle of the day.

The third level is with another HR person and then the President. You wait for your interview because he is backed up and then it lasts twenty minutes.

The fourth is with the COO and the Chief of Staff but worthless because they only wanted to "put a face to the name."

After that you hear nothing for weeks... They simply go dark, which I find very unprofessional. You could easily send notes to people and tell them that an internal candidate was selected. I had to call the President's office to find out what happened.

Interview Questions
    • No one keeps their appointment times and full business suits are needed each time of the interview and they must be grey or dark blue. I had a light tan suit on and the HR department decided to reschedule my interview since grey and dark blue are their colours but you only learn this after getting there.   View Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital in December 2010.

Very short - somebody dropped out of an internship program for new graduates and they needed somebody to fill the spot ASAP. My application was at the top of the pile. The recruiter who interviewed me left shortly after, so I have little to no guidance about what it would be like now. Also, Sibley has since completed a merger with Johns Hopkins medicine. I recommend looking for narratives after the beginning of 2012 to get an up-to-date account of the hiring process currently.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in working here? Why?   View Answer
    No negotiation.