Sidley Austin Legal Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Came into the office and met with the paralegal supervisor and HR representative to go over certain paperwork. Then, according to a prearranged schedule, met with multiple attorneys within the practice group one on one in their office. Asked very standard, behavior/background questions. No prior knowledge assumed. Asked about interests/hobbies. Very much concerned with fit. Certain attorneys were clearly very relaxed and concerned more with seeing personality - others were more concerned with academic/extracurricular qualifications and ability to manage the demands of the position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel juggling multiple assignments?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sidley Austin

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied for job via university's job board and was immediately contacted by someone in Human Resources. I came in the next morning for an early morning interview that took between 2-3 hours. I met with HR first, then was interviewed by (in order) an a) HR staff member that hired the 30+ legal assistants at Sidley b) 3 legal assistants c) an attorney d) another attorney. I signed a few papers before the interview. I did not receive an offer, but I was clearly hesitant about the job as the legal assistants were very informative and honest (most disliked the long hours and redundancy).

Interview Questions

• Considering the long hours, repetitive work, and the fact that you are doing everything the lawyers would rather not do, why do you want the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

I, like most of the other legal assistants in my practice group, was brought in through a staffing company. My interview was in person with the paralegal manager, followed by the other legal assistants in the practice group. I also met with one of the attorneys in the practice group, followed by one of the partners in the practice group. I was asked questions related to my education, related experience, professional interests and hobbies.

Interview Questions

• The partner asked me questions about specific movies, and I had no idea what the answers were. I got the impression he was trying to gauge personality more than anything, and I got the job so I don't know that my lack of knowledge of those particular movies carried any real weight.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sidley Austin in November 2010.

Interview

Went through HR to take a skills test before even getting an interview. After the skills exam you meet with individuals in the group that you could possibly be working with for multiple one on one interviews. After interviews you get an offer contingent on successful background check. The entire process took a full month!