Siemens Corp Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens Corp.

Interview

Went to a career fair where there was a huge line for the Financial Analyst position at Siemens. With that being said, the company knew they were popular on campus. I think this affected there interview process in a rather arrogant way because they knew they had a large pool of applicant.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Siemens Corp in November 2012.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at campus Job Fair and had an interview the following morning. General Behavioral questions, elaboration on resume information, and a few simple technical questions in the form of definitions. Flew to Orlando for 2nd round of interviews approximately two months later. Had three interviews at the corporate headquarters. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Heard back with an offer approximately 3 weeks later.

CFA Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Corp (Iselin, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

If there is pressure to fill the positions you will get in easily. Otherwise, you will be heavily scrutinized and the process may take very long. Sometimes you may not hear anything for a while (2-3 months) and then all of a sudden there is a rush to get you in.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in five years (e.g. position)?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Corp (Bangalore (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

I have applied for the researcher position at Siemens Corporate Research Units , Electronic city, Bangalore. The interview process is more like flat structure rather than the hierarchical structure (like preliminary screening, 1 or 2 levels of technical discussion and a HR). Round -1 —————— First Had a telephonic discussion with a couple of interviewers from the SCR’s technical panel. Then got an acknowledgement from the HR team asking to come for a F2F discussion. Round -2 —————— The HR executive told me to get prepared for the presentation about my past research. The time duration for this round is about 1 hour. 45 minutes for my presentation and 15 minutes for questions. 7 core people from the technical panel related to my research field attended the presentation. My presentation session lasted for about 55 minutes. I am able to manage this round as it was my past research. My overall performance in this session is good. Round - 3 —————— After this I had a F2F discussion with one of the guy from the panel who attended my presentation ( also the same person who participated in the preliminary telephonic discussion). This session lasted for about 30 minutes. My overall performance in this session is okay. Round - 4 —————— After this I had a telephonic discussion with one of the tech leads there who didn’t attend my presentation. I am little bit confused in this round and didn’t perform well in this round. It lasted for about 15 minutes. Round -5 —————— I had another F2F discussion with another core technical personnel who attended the presentation (( also the same person who participated in the preliminary telephonic discussion). This discussion consisted of alto implementation and discussing time complexities and little operating systems concepts. Since I am good in algorithm implementation and time complexities I was able to perform well in this session. My overall performance in this session is good. Round - 6 ——————— Finally the discussion is scheduled with HR Manager. I am little stressed during this round. Mostly the questions are same as in any other HR interview. The questions are about the following. Why do want to apply for this particular research job? What are your roles at your present organisation? What are your strengths? How could you add value to the team and organisation? Why do you think are suitable for this position? Why do you want to change your domain? Wouldn’t it be a different set of roles and responsibilities when you change the domain? how would you bridge the gap? What is your current CTC and expected CTC? My overall performance in this round is okay. After this round the HR executive told me that there will be another round of discussion pending for which the interviewer is on leave and she will keep me updated about the status. But I never received any response(Though I proactively enquired about the status). So, I simply concluded that I was not selected in the interview. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens Corp in October 2011.

Interview

1) phone interview; they then present your information (along with all other qualified candidates) to 1-2 hiring managers at different location 2) hiring managers choose 4-5 people for on-site interviews; they will fly you out to these locations. At most one person will interview for 2 different positions. 3) offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest barrier you have encountered abroad, and what you would do to avoid it in the future.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Corp in July 2011.

Interview

I was first contacted through e-mail in regards to a phone interview request. I decided to pursue and then about a week and half after my phone interview,I got a call for in person interviews. The interview day/time was not flexible due to someone flying from out of town to interview. I met with the hiring manager, the HR Midwest Director, and a branch manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a hiring manager wanting an intern in August and through the rest of the year?   1 Answer