Siemens Energy

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens Energy in September 2014.

I applied online on their jobs website, July 2014. I did not hear anything for several weeks, tried contacting several Siemens HR people with no success. I finally emailed my resume to a person I had worked with several years before in that company and he was able to get it to the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a quick phone interview the last week of August (2014). We just basically talked about why I wanted to leave my present company and what I knew about the position I was interested in. I met the hiring manager for lunch the next Friday; talked about my background, general Q&A back and forth. Everything went good and I was scheduled for a panel interview with 2 senior managers about a week and a half later. During the panel interview we talked about strengths and weaknesses, former positions and future goals. This position works directly with a high level customer, so I had to meet with the customers representatives before they would make me an offer. There were no real technical questions discussed during the customer interview, just making sure there would not be any personality issues. Everything went good and I did receive an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
  • Role play between an unhappy customer and the lead engineer (me) discussing engineering and communication failures.   Answer Question
By the end of the interview process, I was on good terms with the hiring manager, we negotiated salary, vacation and start date before the offer letter was drafted. I accepted the first offer and started soon after.

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens Energy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy in March 2010.

Relaxed interview. Went over my resume and discussed what job duties would be, hours of operation, what the company did. Discussed my role and how it would relate to each department and what expectations would be.

Interview Questions
    • Why have I had so many jobs in the last 2 years?   View Answer
    Interview went very well, but make sure the recruiter explains all about holidays, vacation, etc.,

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy in May 2010.

The recruiter was over 30 minutes late calling me for a 30 minute phone interview. I actually called corporate to find out if the interview was still on. She got mad at me for not just waiting for her to call which I thought was odd. The questions were simply expanding on your resume. The recruiter did not have a pleasant attitude.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy in November 2009.

The interview was for the EIT program. The interviewer asked basic interview questions like: "describe how you dealt with a disgruntled employer or coworker over an argument." They were able to answer a lot of the questions I had about the training program. I thought the interview went fairly well, however, I was told I would be told via email if I made it to the second round of interviews, but NEVER heard from the recruiter again.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you dealt with a disgruntled employer or coworker over an argument.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy in March 2008.

All managers take the interview, followed by HR interview

Interview Questions
    • HR interview question: Describe your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question
    Salary negotiable