Siemens Energy

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.9

Co-Op Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Siemens Energy.

The interview was brief, 30 mins. It was basically a conversation and display of my knowledge about the company and willingness to learn. One of the best tricks to remember in an interview is to ask questions and interview them. Don't be nervous and research as much as possible about the company in order to start general small talk and show your awareness and interest of what is going on inside the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions. Most of the questions were case-based scenarios about handling situations under pressure and team work.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase consisted of constant emails to accept the offer/payscale. There was a lot of paperwork done online and in person.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens Energy in September 2014.

I applied online on their jobs website, July 2014. I did not hear anything for several weeks, tried contacting several Siemens HR people with no success. I finally emailed my resume to a person I had worked with several years before in that company and he was able to get it to the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a quick phone interview the last week of August (2014). We just basically talked about why I wanted to leave my present company and what I knew about the position I was interested in. I met the hiring manager for lunch the next Friday; talked about my background, general Q&A back and forth. Everything went good and I was scheduled for a panel interview with 2 senior managers about a week and a half later. During the panel interview we talked about strengths and weaknesses, former positions and future goals. This position works directly with a high level customer, so I had to meet with the customers representatives before they would make me an offer. There were no real technical questions discussed during the customer interview, just making sure there would not be any personality issues. Everything went good and I did receive an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • Role play between an unhappy customer and the lead engineer (me) discussing engineering and communication failures.   Answer Question
    By the end of the interview process, I was on good terms with the hiring manager, we negotiated salary, vacation and start date before the offer letter was drafted. I accepted the first offer and started soon after.

Purchasing Interview

Prompt call back after applying as well as a prompt scheduling for a face to face. The interview consisted of around 6 interviewers. The interview length last close to 3 hours. Each interview took close to 30 minutes. The questions were tied to sourcing in a low volume environment and being able to work with engineering changes. The feedback after the interview as nonexistent. Very delayed in the decision making process. The interview team was a mix between managers and team members. Some were trained in how to perform interviews while others were not.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with a poor performing supplier that you are not able to move away from. It was a vaguely put question.   Answer Question

Engineering Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Siemens Energy in November 2013.

Inital interview on campus and then taken to Orlando for a 2 day interview. Consisted of 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview. Overall a very nice experience.

Interview Questions
    • The ususal basic questions - nothing too out of the box.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens Energy in August 2013.

The hiring manager called and requested a phone screen the same day. I had submitted for the position 6 weeks earlier. Due to schedules we ended up meeting the next day. Phone interview went well and was straight forward and progressed to an in person interview later the same week. I have some very specific experience they were seeking and the questions centered around my experience in this particular area. Before the interview I was sent a link for the background check which took about an hour to complete. In person interview was straight forward and consisted of a panel interview (6 personnel) with lots of questions on my leadership and management style as well as how I interface with others. They dismissed 3 of the 6 and the discussion progressed to start dates, compensation, and title. At the end of the interview was told I was the first interview and they had a couple candidates from other BU's to interview. Seemed to be given 'the nod' during this interview and was told they expected to complete interviews by the end of the following week.

Interview Questions
    • How do you interface with someone who is an introvert?   Answer Question

EIT Energy Sector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Siemens Energy.

Spoke with interviewer at carrer fair and signed up for an on campus interview. Passed on to the next round, and was flown to Orlando for a two day interview process. Night one started with dinner, introductions, some speeches, and time to speak with interviewers. Day two consisted of three 45 minute interviews, two of which were with managers, one with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based questions were somewhat difficult without knowing company culture or expectations.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens Energy.

Interview process was good. I spoke to multiple people and was asked relevant questions. When they were making their final decision they flew me to Houston and I reinterviewed with all the same people.

The negotiation process was a nightmare! I wanted to negotiate on vacation time and the HR rep said she would not even submit my request to management! They could not give me specifics on benefits, relo package, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There were lots of Chemical\Mechanical Engineering questions relevant to the software they produce.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy.

Interviewed with two people: a grad student and his boss. Both were extremely nice. Required me to bring my laptop with several programs written in C. Asked generic questions about my school work and what makes me unique. Very easy interview, and the interviewers were not intimidating at all. Very professional and quick with email correspondence to set up the interview. I was 1 of 4 candidates selected from a pool of 400.

Interview Questions
    • Employees often borrow equipment from the equipment room and it often goes missing. Describe a system that solves this problem.   View Answer

Engineer In Training Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Siemens Energy.

I was a former intern with Siemens, so I didn't have to do a first round interview in person. My first round interview was on the phone, and it only lasted 5 minutes. He basically asked me "how much do you know about the program?" "why do you think you're a good fit for the program?"

The final round of interviews took place over two days. The first day was a reception, dinner, and cocktail hour. The interviewees and interviewers ate dinner together to talk in a more casual setting. They made everyone stand up and tell them their name, school, major, and why they wanted to be there. The interviews took place the second day. Everyone got separated into either the morning interview group or afternoon. It was three, 45-minute interviews. Two 2:1 technical interviews and one 1:1 HR interview.

The HR interview consisted of the basic questions "how do you handle conflict?" "tell me about a time when you had to use your leadership skills to accomplish something".

One of the technical interviews consisted of multiple role playing questions: "You're in charge of a shift and something goes wrong.. how do you tell the plant manager?" "You have a list of tasks to complete.. the person who is completing them is doing them in a different order. How do you handle it?"

The other interview consisted of more technical questions. "If this water bottle is glued to the table, how do you measure it's height?" "what is the Brayton cycle?"

They said they would contact us in two weeks, but I never heard back. Neither did a few other people that I talked to.

Interview Questions
    • If this water bottle is glued to the table, how do you measure it's height?   View Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Siemens Energy in January 2013.

The process was simple, the recruiter set up the appointment after the initial phone screening

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation