Siemens Energy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Development Programs Interview

Engineering Development Programs
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens Energy in November 2012.

Interview Details – Resume was placed into consideration by my manager while I was interning, but current interns are not necessarily guaranteed easier passage.

First round interview on university campus. A single interviewer asks behavioral questions such as 'Name a time when you overcame a challenge', or 'Describe a time when there was conflict within a team and how you dealt with it'. 30 minutes total.

Second round interviews at Siemens Orlando, a dinner and reception the first night, next half day of presentations about benefits etc., later half three sets of interviews, two interviewers most of the time. More behavioral questions. Usually a brain teaser type question like 'If a pendulum swings about a small angle, we increase the length of the pendulum, what happens to the frequency'.

Didn't hear back for about a month, before the offer.

Interview Question – If you are designing a roller coaster with a loop, should you be more concerned or less concerned about the passenger falling out at the top if they are overweight?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but salary was on par with entry level Masters Degree.

Principal Project Manager Interview

Principal Project Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy in March 2009.

Interview Details – Strongly prefer internal candidates and will grow their own. From the outside, it is hard to get used to the culture at first.

Interview Question – Do you speak German?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fast and one-shot - take it or leave it. They are under strict procedures for salary ranges.

EIT Energy Sector Interview

EIT Energy Sector
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens Energy.

Interview Details – Spoke with interviewer at carrer fair and signed up for an on campus interview. Passed on to the next round, and was flown to Orlando for a two day interview process. Night one started with dinner, introductions, some speeches, and time to speak with interviewers. Day two consisted of three 45 minute interviews, two of which were with managers, one with HR.

Interview Question – Scenario based questions were somewhat difficult without knowing company culture or expectations.   Answer Question

Engineer In Training Interview

Engineer In Training
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Siemens Energy in November 2012.

Interview Details – Received a call from one of the HR people in California. Set up an initial date for a preliminary phone interview. Moved on to the in person interviews in Orlando, with about 30 or so other interviewees. Interview consisted of an initial dinner and presentations on the first day, with the second day being the actual interviews. The interviews were 3 consecutive interviews with different engineers, asking various questions from why I wanted to work for the company to more technical questions and even 3 role playing questions.

Interview Question – One of your workers at a job you are at has cut a pipe much shorter than necessary, and you must take responsibility and explain the situation to the customer.   View Answer

Junior Non Tech Interview

Junior Non Tech
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and several weeks passed before I received a call from a recruiter. The call was to schedule an interview the following week. The interview was 2 on 1 and consisted of many questions about previous work experience and knowledge with computer applications. The interview seemed to have gone well, although it did feel rather short. I was told I'd be getting a call back but never did.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy in April 2012.

Interview Details – I think I applied for the position through CareerBuilder, and was then contacted by a recruiter weeks later. We talked about the position, but once he said Siemens, I was already interested! It took about two weeks to finally get a response that an interview would like to be set up (I had contacted the recruiter once per week on the status). I finally made it to the interview which consisted of two people, an employee and his manager. The questions were basic interview questions to get more detail on my resume. The interviewers were not uptight, they were themselves which made me comfortable to ask questions in response to some of the stories they told about their co-workers and the environment. Overall, my advice would be to just know what you're talking about in response to your resume, and be yourself! This landed me the position I wanted!

Interview Questions

• Let's first talk about you and anything you may not have added on your resume.   View Answer
  • How would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being that I was unemployed, I was open to any rate of pay, as long as I got my foot in the door. There was not that much to negotiate as the recruiting company already had the rate set for my temporary time period. I am assuming, once this becomes permanent I will then negotiate my salary.

Engineering Development Program Interview

Engineering Development Program
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy in March 2011.

Interview Details – Went in for a one day interview to their facility in Orlando, FL. Typical interview consisting of one 1:1 interview with HR and 2 group interviews with engineering managers. There were approximately 15 other interviewees there at the same time. Interviewers were friendly and outgoing made us feel comfortable. No technical questions were asked. Mainly just your cookie cutter personality questions. "When was the last time you had to overcome an obstacle" stuff you should be prepared to answer. There were two think outside the box questions.

Interview Question – If you multiply all of the prime numbers from 0 to 100 what is the last digit.   View Answer

Energy Engineer Interview

Energy Engineer
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy in April 2009.

Interview Details – I applied for this position through my university in the spring of 2009. I got an interview which was 1 on 1 with an experienced engineer who was also the hiring manager for the position. This man was an exceptional conversationalist and I felt comfortable talking with him about my accomplishments. He also answered any questions that I had. Unfortunately I did not get this position, but my feeling is that they were looking for the absolute top students.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Orlando, FL

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens Energy in March 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very formal and well-organized. I was impressed with the commitment to the process. After an initial contact at a job fair, I was given a 1:1 interview with a local company representative. Accepting a 2nd interview, the company flew about 30 candidates to the US HQ in Orlando. The process included an evening dinner at a local restaurant with high level managers, hotel stay, and a full day of information sessions interleaved with 3 interviews. Two panel interviews (3:1,2:1) on different topics, as well as a 1:1 psych/personality interview. I received an offer within two weeks, however the acceptance window was smaller than desired. Also, response to further emailed questions about the position/company were minimal.

Interview Question – Situational questions. How to respond to a belligerent customer or coworker.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received an offer for a position that I discerned was/is better in line with my current career goals, in an industry that I had more interest in, for a company with operating ideals more to my liking.

Worked for Siemens Energy? Contribute to the Community!