1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens Energy (Orlando, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very formal and well-organized. I was impressed with the commitment to the process. After an initial contact at a job fair, I was given a 1:1 interview with a local company representative. Accepting a 2nd interview, the company flew about 30 candidates to the US HQ in Orlando. The process included an evening dinner at a local restaurant with high level managers, hotel stay, and a full day of information sessions interleaved with 3 interviews. Two panel interviews (3:1,2:1) on different topics, as well as a 1:1 psych/personality interview. I received an offer within two weeks, however the acceptance window was smaller than desired. Also, response to further emailed questions about the position/company were minimal.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. How to respond to a belligerent customer or coworker.   Answer Question

I received an offer for a position that I discerned was/is better in line with my current career goals, in an industry that I had more interest in, for a company with operating ideals more to my liking.