Siemens Energy & Automation Interview Questions

2.9

Automation Controls Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in January 2014.

Great phone interview. Invited for a in person interview. Very promissing hire! My previous skills relate closely to the skills needed in the new position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to explain how my past experience relates to what the position is looking for and how my past experience will be beneficial in the new role.   Answer Question

Process Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wendell, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wendell, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation.

Interviewed with production manager, took a basic skills test,

Interview Questions
    • Asked me where i saw myself in 5 years   View Answer
    didnt have too, the money was there from there offer

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in October 2012.

The interview was very relaxed. It was conducted by 2 personnel from Siemens. They did not ask many questions but did ask to draw a schematic for a system I was familiar with and ask several things based off the drawing.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in April 2012.

-Someone called asked about strengths and weaknesses, Project experience, Tell me about the company, what motivates you.

Engineering Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in October 2011.

First round interview was mainly a situational and personality interview. I got a call about a month and a half later for second round interviews.
    Second round interviews, were 1:1, then Panel, then HR. 1:1 and Panel interviews were technical.

Interview Questions
    • From a modal analysis, what would a frequency response of system look like?   Answer Question
    • Go through the cycle processes and explain the reasoning for a gas turbine?   Answer Question
    The company really doesn't negotiate with students right out of college, but they did ask for a range of my other offers before they made an offer.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in August 2011.

Was contacted by Program Manager to discuss interest for a panel interview. Went into office and was interviewed by 3 other engineers in the same position, a manager and 2 other engineers. Interview was fairly social and focused more on customer facing and background than technical skills.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in May 2011.

common interview questions , nothing special , many people from different groups , no hr involved in the interview .

Engineering Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in April 2011.

I conducted a phone interview then was invited for a face-to-face interview. It was not your traditional type interview--never met with hr. I was told I would hear back from the recruiter, but never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Rate your experience on a scale of 1 to 10 in a particular area.   Answer Question

EIT Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in April 2011.

there were 4 interviews, 3 technical/personality interviews and 1 HR interview. Asked basic troubleshooting and physics/engineering questions, nothing too specialized.

Interview Questions
    • how would you troubleshoot a situation where one water tank is leaking and losing pressure?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in February 2011.

The interview was arranged with an internal recruiter with no expectations of what the interview would consist of besides that it would be five 30 minute interviews with individuals. There was no mention of the role of the interviewers.

The one on one interviews were with people with different responsibilities. There was no expectation of what the process would be from person to person. Each interview was very different.

The real difficulty was short exposure to different people and not being able to build on your conversations since in 30 minutes you start again from hello.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince someone to do something they were opposed to doing?   Answer Question