Siemens Energy & Automation

2.9

Automation Controls Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Prospect, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in January 2014.

Great phone interview. Invited for a in person interview. Very promissing hire! My previous skills relate closely to the skills needed in the new position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to explain how my past experience relates to what the position is looking for and how my past experience will be beneficial in the new role.   Answer Question

Process Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wendell, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wendell, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation.

Interviewed with production manager, took a basic skills test,

Interview Questions
    • Asked me where i saw myself in 5 years   View Answer
    didnt have too, the money was there from there offer

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hampton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in October 2012.

The interview was very relaxed. It was conducted by 2 personnel from Siemens. They did not ask many questions but did ask to draw a schematic for a system I was familiar with and ask several things based off the drawing.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in May 2011.

common interview questions , nothing special , many people from different groups , no hr involved in the interview .

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicopee, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in April 2012.

-Someone called asked about strengths and weaknesses, Project experience, Tell me about the company, what motivates you.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in August 2010.

Interviewed with 5 management people. First with the CFO from Germany. Really hit it off with him. Met my supervisor last interview. Was asked if I liked paperwork and putting together 3 ring binders with information. This was a recurring theme with this position.

If you are employed you have much more leverage with salary negotiation. If they think you are not working, will try to get you cheaper.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in March 2009.

The first call was from HR. The second call was from the hiring manager. The next call was with a senior VP. This was followed by an on-site visit. The on-site visit included a panel interview with 4 people including the hiring manager, senior engineers and a VP. It also included a couple of one-on-one interviews. The lunch was organized in the cafeteria and I spoke to a couple of employees about their experiences. I suppose that was part of the interview process as well.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of the most important challenges in the Energy Sector?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe some of our products and services in detail? Can you talk about the Smart Grid project? Who are some of our power customers?   View Answer
    • What motivates you to work in the Energy sector? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was impressed with the salary offered and accepted immediately.

Engineering Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in October 2011.

First round interview was mainly a situational and personality interview. I got a call about a month and a half later for second round interviews.
    Second round interviews, were 1:1, then Panel, then HR. 1:1 and Panel interviews were technical.

Interview Questions
    • From a modal analysis, what would a frequency response of system look like?   Answer Question
    • Go through the cycle processes and explain the reasoning for a gas turbine?   Answer Question
    The company really doesn't negotiate with students right out of college, but they did ask for a range of my other offers before they made an offer.

EIT Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amarillo, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in April 2011.

there were 4 interviews, 3 technical/personality interviews and 1 HR interview. Asked basic troubleshooting and physics/engineering questions, nothing too specialized.

Interview Questions
    • how would you troubleshoot a situation where one water tank is leaking and losing pressure?   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in August 2011.

Was contacted by Program Manager to discuss interest for a panel interview. Went into office and was interviewed by 3 other engineers in the same position, a manager and 2 other engineers. Interview was fairly social and focused more on customer facing and background than technical skills.

Interview Questions

Worked for Siemens Energy & Automation? Contribute to the Community!