Siemens Energy & Automation

2.9

Engineering Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in April 2011.

I conducted a phone interview then was invited for a face-to-face interview. It was not your traditional type interview--never met with hr. I was told I would hear back from the recruiter, but never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions
    • Rate your experience on a scale of 1 to 10 in a particular area.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norcross, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in February 2011.

The interview was arranged with an internal recruiter with no expectations of what the interview would consist of besides that it would be five 30 minute interviews with individuals. There was no mention of the role of the interviewers.

The one on one interviews were with people with different responsibilities. There was no expectation of what the process would be from person to person. Each interview was very different.

The real difficulty was short exposure to different people and not being able to build on your conversations since in 30 minutes you start again from hello.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince someone to do something they were opposed to doing?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wendell, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wendell, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in October 2009.

It was a telephonic interview. The recruiter informed me an hour ago about the interview as there was some miscommunciation on his side. The interview was taken by the manager of the group. It was for 1 hour long and consists of Technical questions on protection, projects, experience, educaiton and automation.

Interview Questions
    • Question on protection, subsation and automation, networking   Answer Question
    Kind of. They have fixed window so, there is nothing much you can do.

Applications Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wendell, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wendell, NC

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in January 2011.

They were extremely nice and polite. The work environment was great. They didn't ask a lot of technical questions and they focused more on my resume and asked me some simple questions about my experiences and skills. Everything was alright, but unfortunately I couldn't get the position, and I'm still trying to find a position at Siemens. I completely understand they were looking for the best qualified applicant and definitely they have chosen the best one. By the way, I heard the salaries are not so high at Siemens, but I love to work at Siemens....

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected technical question: for automated monitoring of circuit breaker, what do you do?   View Answer

Financial Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in February 2010.

1st interview was on campus with basic questions about resume and experiences.
    2nd Interview was a stay at an alpharetta hotel with a dinner the night before. The next day there were 4 interviews, 3 solo and 1 with two people. The day also consisted of the Siemens associates watching us work through a problem and how we would work through it in a group setting.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in September 2008.

Submittal of standard documents, personal interview with numerous managers during one day

Other options

Technical Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in March 2010.

There was a first round face to face interview from on campus recruiting. The second round was at the facility and consisted of a half day of interviews, perhaps 5 or so in total, and another half that was a case study. The problem was presented and you and a group have to present recommendations to a panel at the end of an hour. They did provide some feedback on the presentations as well.

Interview Questions
    • European product was being launched in the US...develop launch plan and metrics to measure its effectiveness.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in January 2010.

I received an email inviting me to a telephone interview approximately 2 weeks after submitting my resume online. I had a phone interview the following day and was informed I would receive an email either moving forward in the process or advising me I was not selected to move forward. I never received any email one way or another and the contact number for the recruiter is for a one-time use, so it was a bit disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important to you in a working environment?   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel your skills would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in December 2008.

I first received a phone call from the areal manager to interview with him in person. After interviewing with him in person, I received a phone call from the regional manager to have a phone intrview. After that was concluded, a few weeks passed by and I received an offer letter. After receiveing the ffer letter, I took a drug test and once the results were complete, I was given a start date for employment.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are the qualities of your personality that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    I received an offer letter that was negotiable, but I felt the offer was fair, so I accepted it immediately.

Export Control Manaher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation in October 2009.

Initial phone interview through a 3 rd party recruiting agency, seems all this is now outsourced by Siemens. Recruiter will rattle down a number of general questions you would have already answered when submitting the application, followed 4-5 job specific questions. Since the recruiter is obviously not the subject-matter expert, he tried to match my answers as Best as he could to the "correct" ones supplied by the Hiring Manager. I guess he simply ticked off all of them as correct as I know that I made an error on at least one ite.
    Nevertheless, the actual hiring manager calls me on my mobile, out of the blue, on the next day. No email warning or agreeing on a suitable time. Since I already have him on the phone I continue the call, assuming this will be a short initial contact. Turns out this ends up being a 1 hour phone interview, good questions though and not too hard, surprised that there are not difficult job specific questions to answer now .