Siemens IT Solutions and Services

2.9

Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services in August 2011.

I was interviewed at the site of the client. I was interviewed by the liason to Siemens / Atos and the Siemens Regional Manager. I was then interviewed by two company representatives that work for the client. This process took about two hours.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate as of yet, I have been working as a contractor for 3 months.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services in January 2010.

They called, had 4 different phone interviews

Interview Questions
    dont give a number to them

Project Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services in July 2009.

For a direct hire contract position:
    This is with a panel of 4 people and the interview lasted 30 minutes.
    They were looking for key knowledge and skill sets. MS Project savvy, SharePoint savvy, PM savvy to manage issues, risk, actions, etc..

It was a very fast process, I believe due to the dire need to get someone onboard as quickly as possible as they are in the midst of a major gloal consolidation and standardization program with all major deliverable due Oct!

I was interviewed on Tuesday, offered the position on Wednesday, and the onboarding process began on Thursday, I recieved my equipment and phone beginning Friday, and officially started Monday.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have building large complex cross-functional IT processes?   Answer Question
    I tried but they were not going to budge.
    Due to the current recession and high unemployment rate, the rate offered is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than the average in the PM industry, with NO Benefits. You have the option to subscribe to benefits for an even much lower rate.

I believe they figured "someone" will take the job.
    I only agreed in order to get off of unemployment, but I am actively seeking other opportunities. I am a reasonable and realistic person this but this ridiculous. I would be crazy to continue to work for these peanuts. Seriously.

Also, it has been mandated for everyone to take a week furlog, use all of their PTO before the end of the FISCAL year (October), and Directors and above took a mandatory paycut.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services in May 2008.

I was contacted initially by a friend of mine who informed me that there were openings that he thought I should apply for at Siemens, as they were taking on a new contract. I sent him my resume and he forwarded it to the person in charge of hiring for the contract. After a few months I was called in to interview with my future boss and his superior. The interview was very informal and relaxed, although my future boss was very quiet.

IT Support Specialist Interview

They'll send you a link for 2 tests - one on English and the other has tech questions. Afterwards, they conducted a skype interview. The interviewers were the team leader and a person from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me a few tech questions and a few customer service questions. The tech questions were scenario based.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services in April 2014.

It is purely on C# as they have recruted for developing windows form applications.
    They have asked almost all the topics on c# and other OOP concepts.
    Also they have asked on latest dot net frame work questions.

I got what ever I ve asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services in August 2013.

I got the call for interview from a consultancy through naukri.
    The first round was a written test on a Saturday (incl. Tech and Apti). Got an email that I have cleared the written round on Wednesday, the next week and i was called for a F2F interview on coming Saturday. I was told that there is gonna be 4 rounds namely 2 Tech rounds, 1 managerial and 1 HR round.

The interview was quite easy. Basics were asked in the Tech-1 round and lasted for 20 mins.
    Project related ques and more in depth tech ques were asked in the Tech-2 round and lasted for about 30-40 mins.
    In managerial round, the manager asked me some ques to test my behavioral skills and gave me apti ques to solve on chess board no of squares, moving train ques and matrix program etc.. Then he explained about the kind of work that is done at Siemens and everything. It lasted for around 45-55 mins
    Then the HR round was just a formality and it lasted for 15 mins.
    They got an appl form filled from me and then I was sent home that I would receive an email shortly.

After two weeks wait, I got a salary break up letter for which an acceptance was needed to get the final offer letter. After another week the offer letter was emailed.

No negotiation!

Solutions Architect Interview

tiresome and not so planned. telephonic and multiple rounds calls for face to face,

not much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services.

there was a IQ/multiple choice question for qualifying for the next round of interviews.
    This was followed by 1:1 interview with Managers/Architects of different groups looking to hire people.

Interview Questions
    • Providing a solution to a problem faced during design.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Siemens IT Solutions and Services in March 2013.

The Hiring process constitutes of three rounds. the first would be a aptitude cum technical test. The aptitude section consists of 25 questions which are easy to solve if you still remember your high school maths. Technical part consists of 25 questions which is mostly constituted with c++. these questions too revolve around the basics of computing. The programs are a bit difficult to solve.

Round 2:
    this round constitute of a direct interview with a technical personal. All your knowledge will be tested over here. For me, it started with a question from files streams and other input streams. He didn't even bother to ask about OOPS concept that I have gone prepared. Unfortunately it was a tough nut for me to crack.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me about how to handle buffered files with string file.   View Answer