Siemens Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014
Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.9

Sales Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

2 phone interviews. One with a recruiter and one with the manager. Basic behavioral questions gauging how I would do. Went well. I then went to an on site interview where the manager asked me more about my background and my experience. He gauged more behavioral questions with me. Very relaxed experience.

Intern Interview

Very organized, a few phone calls and emails to set up the interview. It was a two people interviewing and they took notes while you were talking. It was more conversational rather than interrogative. Asked about technical skills, leadership experience, and time commitment.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't have any really difficult questions. The ones required thinking were the "what would you do" in a leadership situation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

Contacted thru HR to schedule an interview process and then gave a telephonic round and then called for onsite interview . Onsite interview with 2 different group of people and lasted for 4 hrs .. with interview with HR and VP.

Biochemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens in August 2014.

Applied for another Biochemist position, but my resume was intercepted. Received a call from the supervisor about a week later and had a short phone interview. Sixty minute in person interview the following day with two supervisors present. Also received tour of the laboratory (a bit messy, not entirely impressive). Ten days later, received an invitation to interview with potential co-workers and director of department, but declined due to distance (facility is approx. 60mi from my residence). Interviewers were very friendly and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. So tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time you had to collaborate with coworkers, how would you handle a task you've never done before, what are your plans for the future/ where do you see yourself in 10 years, do you mind working late into evenings if necessary, have you ever been given an unexpected deadline and how did you deal with it, can you explain how immunoassays work?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Siemens.

This is the most unprofessional and rude interview I have ever had. The whole process was pretty typical, HR phone screening, HM phone screening and then onsite. Several things made me really disappointed at Siemens diagnostic, once my dream company.
    During the onsite interview, someone indirectly asked my sexual orientation; Someone would laugh quite a few times whenever I did not give the right answer and told me right away that question was so simple. More outrageously, he would paraphrase my question even if I gave the right answer. I had another friend who was also interviewed at the same group. The same guy told her her research was useless. It took three month to get my reimbursement and they made a mistake and it took another month to reimburse me with the right amount. Their site is like a big factory and has a very untasty cafe.

Other interviewers were good, I have to say. Later I know, this rude guy had a friend who was also being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many unexpected questions...some basic knowledge and some behavior questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

fairly simple .. phone interview.. followed by two one on one interviews. one with the hiring manager or team lead - technical round. One written aptitude round. then with the BU head - technical and domain knowledge .

Interview Questions
    • nothing that is unusual or that can be termed very challenging   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

The interview process takes study in itself. It is a behavioral approach and you are run through the gamut with various members of staff and management. It felt like being waterboarded. It took three hours and then found out they went ahead and hired from within, so that it felt like a huge waste of my time to meet some exterior interview requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, so the hardest for me was about a time I had created an innovative solution to something   View Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

Easy to set up and interview time and location. interview took place on time and was followed up with in a fews days. Took about two weeks to do backgrund check and start work from date of job offer

Biochemist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens.

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks for a phone screen. In person interview was set for the next week and a 2nd interview followed 2 weeks later. I spoke with multiple individuals on each occasion and gave a talk at the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would the curves look like when you compare these 2 different tests?   Answer Question
    It was a fair offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

First started with phone interviews. Asked questions regarding my current job and what I would expect from the new position. 3 different person asked me questions. I also described my current projects. What was the technical questions, and how did I solve them.