Siemens

Updated Nov 22, 2014
Updated Nov 22, 2014

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Ok. Fairly easy questions, but be prepared to back up your insights with real-world examples. They'll probe. Also be sure to have references handy. And don't expect feedback from hr or the hiring manager soon afterwards. It's a big company, which can mean the hiring process typically takes several weeks or more.

Interview Questions
    • How did you overcome working with a challenging colleague?   Answer Question

ELDP Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

The interview process was about 45 minutes; behavioral questions were asked and there was one challenging question that involved an unexpected way of thinking about a presented real-world situation. Typical behavioral questions include: Tell about a time where you encountered a difficult group member and explain how you sought to resolve that conflict. Additional questions were tailored to the program specifically; questions were asked about location rotations as well as the time needed for separate projects completed during the rotation.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about where I saw myself in 20 years. I really had not thought that far ahead and ended up pausing for a few minutes before I could muster up the honest answer which is that I had no plan at the moment but would contemplate that more closely upon graduation.   Answer Question

Auxiliary Operator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens.

Met through a recruiter. It was a two on one interview .We mostly just talked about the position and things I liked to do. Was not really asked any technical questions. Seemed very nice and laid back.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens in October 2014.

The interview was very technical, they asked me a series of brainteasers to judge my thought process, time management skills, and leadership abilities. I was also asked to give an overview of the company, with the departments and countries that they span across.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how many golf balls can fit into a Suburban SUV.   View Answer

Sales Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

2 phone interviews. One with a recruiter and one with the manager. Basic behavioral questions gauging how I would do. Went well. I then went to an on site interview where the manager asked me more about my background and my experience. He gauged more behavioral questions with me. Very relaxed experience.

Intern Interview

Very organized, a few phone calls and emails to set up the interview. It was a two people interviewing and they took notes while you were talking. It was more conversational rather than interrogative. Asked about technical skills, leadership experience, and time commitment.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't have any really difficult questions. The ones required thinking were the "what would you do" in a leadership situation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

Contacted thru HR to schedule an interview process and then gave a telephonic round and then called for onsite interview . Onsite interview with 2 different group of people and lasted for 4 hrs .. with interview with HR and VP.

Biochemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens in August 2014.

Applied for another Biochemist position, but my resume was intercepted. Received a call from the supervisor about a week later and had a short phone interview. Sixty minute in person interview the following day with two supervisors present. Also received tour of the laboratory (a bit messy, not entirely impressive). Ten days later, received an invitation to interview with potential co-workers and director of department, but declined due to distance (facility is approx. 60mi from my residence). Interviewers were very friendly and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. So tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time you had to collaborate with coworkers, how would you handle a task you've never done before, what are your plans for the future/ where do you see yourself in 10 years, do you mind working late into evenings if necessary, have you ever been given an unexpected deadline and how did you deal with it, can you explain how immunoassays work?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Siemens.

This is the most unprofessional and rude interview I have ever had. The whole process was pretty typical, HR phone screening, HM phone screening and then onsite. Several things made me really disappointed at Siemens diagnostic, once my dream company.
    During the onsite interview, someone indirectly asked my sexual orientation; Someone would laugh quite a few times whenever I did not give the right answer and told me right away that question was so simple. More outrageously, he would paraphrase my question even if I gave the right answer. I had another friend who was also interviewed at the same group. The same guy told her her research was useless. It took three month to get my reimbursement and they made a mistake and it took another month to reimburse me with the right amount. Their site is like a big factory and has a very untasty cafe.

Other interviewers were good, I have to say. Later I know, this rude guy had a friend who was also being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many unexpected questions...some basic knowledge and some behavior questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

fairly simple .. phone interview.. followed by two one on one interviews. one with the hiring manager or team lead - technical round. One written aptitude round. then with the BU head - technical and domain knowledge .

Interview Questions
    • nothing that is unusual or that can be termed very challenging   Answer Question