Siemens Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

2.9

Software Enginerring Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Siemens (Flanders, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume / coverletter. Received a call the next day to schedule an interview. I had missed the call and it went to my voicemail. I called the Director back, he was rude and obnoxious. I declined to proceed with a Skype interview as requested. I really do not want to deal with a rude and obnoxious boss. If he's like that to someone he just met on the phone, what is he like as a boss.

Interview Questions

• Who is this? I called you? You need to set up a time for an interview on Skype for Thursday or Friday.   1 Answer

Regional Sales Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

HIREVIEW video recording.. impersonal. I do not believe I want to work for ANY company that enlists the hireview process... especially for a sales role. Communication should be a two way street. This hireview process tells me that this company is not interested in a conversation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Contacted on the phone by recruiter. Phone interviewer asked very detailed questions about what I had listed in my resume. Did role play scenarios. Very detailed for just initial interview. Then called in for an in person interveiw with a panel of people

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens (New Orleans, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application, and was contacted by a recruiter. She told me that although the position might be filled, she wanted to give the manager the opportunity to talk to me. I met with the branch manager, and was really impressed with him, and could relate with him on several levels. We both had kids, were interested in local sports, and had gone through everything that this locale could throw at you. He kept my resume on file and said that he would call directly if needed. I was fortunate to meet with him one on one.

Interview Questions

• Explain resume, past employer experiences.   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Siemens in May 2015.

Interview

Typical process: first talk with a recuiter then the hiring manager over the phone, then an on-site interview with 4--5 engineers. It is an easy interview compared to other tech companies who ask Google-style algorithms and coding questions. But it may be too easy -- no way to show my technical breathe and depth, as well as what my capability could be. It feels like they just want to hire out of the resumes and pick up someone who can code and in their flavor. They offered me the position after a week or two with a below market salary and hoped me to accept right away. I tried to negotiate to a higher level and waited. Afer a week, they said "no" and judged me I don't like the team. Actually I feel I can contribute a lot to their ongoing projects and mend theri current skill set but unfortunately there is no deal.

On my interview day, I talked with each of the senior engineers in the team for about half an hour, no chance talking with the hiring manager and a follow-up phone interview with the director of engineering. It feels the interviews are not organized very well--> I am not getting enough information about them and they don't get to know my depth.

Interview Questions

• Does the program execution go through the finally if there is return statement in the try block ?   Answer Question

Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter, gave them my information and met with a manager within two weeks. I was informed that there were other candidates and that there would be a discussion on who to choose for the position. It was a fairly easy process... just know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and where do you see yourself in the future? What do you know about external communications?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Siemens (Denver, CO).

Interview

I went in for a one-on-one interview, the hiring manager was really nice. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. I was shocked that they hired the next day. The reason why it took 2 days is because I went and took the drug test and had a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own transportation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Siemens.

Interview

I met their representatives at a career fair. I was offered an interview the next day. None of the questions were unexpected; they were mostly behavioral ones that required me to recall specific situations. No technical questions were asked. The hardest question I was asked was "What do you expect to be doing in five years if you're not hired by Siemens." I think I fell in the trap because I answered that I hope to be working at a similar company in the industry. Don't do this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Siemens   1 Answer

Engineering Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and about a week later I received a call for an interview. The interviewers were very rude and acted as if they didn't want to be there. They left the room for a minutes and only one came back to ask additional questions. I was ready to leave from the beginning based on their attitudes and behavior. I didn't get the job and was told it was given to someone who already worked there. Perhaps they had to interview others before giving the position to an employee.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

This was done through networking, so after I sent in my resume a couple days later I got a call for the interview, mostly asked about my resume and work I'd done in the past but it was long distance so kind of choppy.