Siemens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – This is the most unprofessional and rude interview I have ever had. The whole process was pretty typical, HR phone screening, HM phone screening and then onsite. Several things made me really disappointed at Siemens diagnostic, once my dream company.
During the onsite interview, someone indirectly asked my sexual orientation; Someone would laugh quite a few times whenever I did not give the right answer and told me right away that question was so simple. More outrageously, he would paraphrase my question even if I gave the right answer. I had another friend who was also interviewed at the same group. The same guy told her her research was useless. It took three month to get my reimbursement and they made a mistake and it took another month to reimburse me with the right amount. Their site is like a big factory and has a very untasty cafe.

Other interviewers were good, I have to say. Later I know, this rude guy had a friend who was also being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Question – Not too many unexpected questions...some basic knowledge and some behavior questions   Answer Question

Healthcare IT Consultant Interview

Healthcare IT Consultant
Malvern, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had a three step process for interviewing for this position. I was already a Siemens employee and applied through the internal job website. Two phone interviews and one in person interview conducted. The company is so large that the interview process is determined heavily on the manager that is hiring. Majority of communication is done through the HR department.

Interview Question – Most places tend to ask me what my greatest weakness is. How I handled a difficult situation. What happened the last time I made a mistake. Do I take responsibility for my mistakes, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They would not negotiate. Gave me a 7% increase from my previous position, which ended up being a minimal increase that was less than I should be making according to the chart that they release about the positions market value. Very disappointing.

IT Business Analyst Interview

IT Business Analyst
Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in January 2010.

Interview Details – Thorough. background checks are complete. Expect to have several interviews. Best advise is to be open and honest about strengths and weeknesses. Expect delays. And expect to jump through last minute hoops if you are wanting a position. Last minute meetings and calls were the norm.
Have References ready, you will need them. And an employee referral will help with the process.

Interview Question – Found this one a bit "touchy". The question was "What do you see as something that could interfere with traveling for work?"
Felt it was a bit intrusive the way it was asked. I felt they were asking too much about my personal life.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unlike most businesses like this, there is not much negotiations that happen.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

Interviewed at Siemens

Interview Details – fairly simple .. phone interview.. followed by two one on one interviews. one with the hiring manager or team lead - technical round. One written aptitude round. then with the BU head - technical and domain knowledge .

Interview Question – nothing that is unusual or that can be termed very challenging   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – The interview process takes study in itself. It is a behavioral approach and you are run through the gamut with various members of staff and management. It felt like being waterboarded. It took three hours and then found out they went ahead and hired from within, so that it felt like a huge waste of my time to meet some exterior interview requirement.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions, so the hardest for me was about a time I had created an innovative solution to something   View Answer

Buyer Interview

Buyer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in March 2013.

Interview Details – Multiple email in regards to setting up the interview. Had a hour long interview and then waited over a month to hear back. Company likes interviews at start of day to make your brain think.

Interview Question – How would you have handled the most recent problem at work different?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Contract Administrator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Easy to set up and interview time and location. interview took place on time and was followed up with in a fews days. Took about two weeks to do backgrund check and start work from date of job offer

Interview Question – nothing out of the usual   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cypress, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

Interview Details – First started with phone interviews. Asked questions regarding my current job and what I would expect from the new position. 3 different person asked me questions. I also described my current projects. What was the technical questions, and how did I solve them.

Graduate Program Interview

Graduate Program

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had an interview with HR. Nothing special, just basic questions regarding resume and previous experience. The next step is an interview in headquarters. This year they've decided to postpone program for later period, probably August-September.

Interview Question – Every question was relatively easy.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, I stop the interview process after the phone interview. The recruiter was unprepared and very rude. That told me about the company culture right there. The phone interview was not an interview just a screening process, where the recruiter clearly hadn't even looked over my resume.

Question asked-

Are you employed?
What is your current/ last salary?
Can you give me a specify number?
What is your expected salary ?
You expecting to make X amount when you are making Y amount.
Can you give me your top 4 Financial Analyst qualities?

Interview Question – You expecting to make X amount when you are making Y amount.   View Answer

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!