Siemens Interview Questions

2.9

Biochemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tarrytown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in August 2014.

Applied for another Biochemist position, but my resume was intercepted. Received a call from the supervisor about a week later and had a short phone interview. Sixty minute in person interview the following day with two supervisors present. Also received tour of the laboratory (a bit messy, not entirely impressive). Ten days later, received an invitation to interview with potential co-workers and director of department, but declined due to distance (facility is approx. 60mi from my residence). Interviewers were very friendly and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. So tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time you had to collaborate with coworkers, how would you handle a task you've never done before, what are your plans for the future/ where do you see yourself in 10 years, do you mind working late into evenings if necessary, have you ever been given an unexpected deadline and how did you deal with it, can you explain how immunoassays work?   Answer Question

Sales Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

2 phone interviews. One with a recruiter and one with the manager. Basic behavioral questions gauging how I would do. Went well. I then went to an on site interview where the manager asked me more about my background and my experience. He gauged more behavioral questions with me. Very relaxed experience.

Intern Interview

Very organized, a few phone calls and emails to set up the interview. It was a two people interviewing and they took notes while you were talking. It was more conversational rather than interrogative. Asked about technical skills, leadership experience, and time commitment.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't have any really difficult questions. The ones required thinking were the "what would you do" in a leadership situation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Contacted thru HR to schedule an interview process and then gave a telephonic round and then called for onsite interview . Onsite interview with 2 different group of people and lasted for 4 hrs .. with interview with HR and VP.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Siemens.

This is the most unprofessional and rude interview I have ever had. The whole process was pretty typical, HR phone screening, HM phone screening and then onsite. Several things made me really disappointed at Siemens diagnostic, once my dream company.
    During the onsite interview, someone indirectly asked my sexual orientation; Someone would laugh quite a few times whenever I did not give the right answer and told me right away that question was so simple. More outrageously, he would paraphrase my question even if I gave the right answer. I had another friend who was also interviewed at the same group. The same guy told her her research was useless. It took three month to get my reimbursement and they made a mistake and it took another month to reimburse me with the right amount. Their site is like a big factory and has a very untasty cafe.

Other interviewers were good, I have to say. Later I know, this rude guy had a friend who was also being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many unexpected questions...some basic knowledge and some behavior questions   Answer Question

Healthcare IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in November 2013.

I had a three step process for interviewing for this position. I was already a Siemens employee and applied through the internal job website. Two phone interviews and one in person interview conducted. The company is so large that the interview process is determined heavily on the manager that is hiring. Majority of communication is done through the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Most places tend to ask me what my greatest weakness is. How I handled a difficult situation. What happened the last time I made a mistake. Do I take responsibility for my mistakes, ect.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate. Gave me a 7% increase from my previous position, which ended up being a minimal increase that was less than I should be making according to the chart that they release about the positions market value. Very disappointing.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in January 2010.

Thorough. background checks are complete. Expect to have several interviews. Best advise is to be open and honest about strengths and weeknesses. Expect delays. And expect to jump through last minute hoops if you are wanting a position. Last minute meetings and calls were the norm.
    Have References ready, you will need them. And an employee referral will help with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Found this one a bit "touchy". The question was "What do you see as something that could interfere with traveling for work?"
      Felt it was a bit intrusive the way it was asked. I felt they were asking too much about my personal life.
        View Answer
    Unlike most businesses like this, there is not much negotiations that happen.

Project Engineer Interview

fairly simple .. phone interview.. followed by two one on one interviews. one with the hiring manager or team lead - technical round. One written aptitude round. then with the BU head - technical and domain knowledge .

Interview Questions
    • nothing that is unusual or that can be termed very challenging   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

The interview process takes study in itself. It is a behavioral approach and you are run through the gamut with various members of staff and management. It felt like being waterboarded. It took three hours and then found out they went ahead and hired from within, so that it felt like a huge waste of my time to meet some exterior interview requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, so the hardest for me was about a time I had created an innovative solution to something   View Answer

Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in March 2013.

Multiple email in regards to setting up the interview. Had a hour long interview and then waited over a month to hear back. Company likes interviews at start of day to make your brain think.

Interview Questions
    • How would you have handled the most recent problem at work different?   Answer Question

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!