Siemens

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Procurement Specialist Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

3 interviews. Relaxed questioning over experience. One should sound intelligent and knowledgeable, as worldly as possible as this is an engineering company with a global network of employees. They tend to prefer mature individuals who are generally kind and easy to work with.

I didn't negotiate.

Research Scientist Interview

Very positive interview process. People very nice. Gave a seminar. Was asked multiple coding questions based on my language of choice. Work culture undergoing a lot of change. No office, all shares space, which can be a possible downside.

Engineering Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens.

I spoke with a recruiter at the involvement fair and was offered an interview for the next day. My interview was with the recruiter who I spoke with and we discussed the program, different assessments of leadership styles and past experiences with leading projects. All in all it was a pretty typical interview.
    My only problem was that I was told I would be hearing back (regardless of offer or not) in 3 weeks after the interview and after a month I contacted the recruiter who told me I would be hearing back shortly. I still have not heard back and it has been 10 weeks since the interview. Very unprofessional for such an esteemed company and I was obviously more inclined to explore my other offers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had difficulty managing a group.   Answer Question

Finance Excellence Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens in November 2014.

Officially, there are 3 rounds of interview. First round, phone interview from Germany HR. Second round, in person interview in local office with 4 people back to back (mix of case and behavorial q). Third round, in person interview in another local office (required some traveling) with 5 people in a panel, mostly behavorial q. Whole process took 1.5 months.

No negotiations.

Marketing Manager Interview

Ok. Fairly easy questions, but be prepared to back up your insights with real-world examples. They'll probe. Also be sure to have references handy. And don't expect feedback from hr or the hiring manager soon afterwards. It's a big company, which can mean the hiring process typically takes several weeks or more.

Interview Questions
    • How did you overcome working with a challenging colleague?   Answer Question

Auxiliary Operator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens.

Met through a recruiter. It was a two on one interview .We mostly just talked about the position and things I liked to do. Was not really asked any technical questions. Seemed very nice and laid back.

ELDP Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

The interview process was about 45 minutes; behavioral questions were asked and there was one challenging question that involved an unexpected way of thinking about a presented real-world situation. Typical behavioral questions include: Tell about a time where you encountered a difficult group member and explain how you sought to resolve that conflict. Additional questions were tailored to the program specifically; questions were asked about location rotations as well as the time needed for separate projects completed during the rotation.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about where I saw myself in 20 years. I really had not thought that far ahead and ended up pausing for a few minutes before I could muster up the honest answer which is that I had no plan at the moment but would contemplate that more closely upon graduation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Of, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens in October 2014.

The interview was very technical, they asked me a series of brainteasers to judge my thought process, time management skills, and leadership abilities. I was also asked to give an overview of the company, with the departments and countries that they span across.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how many golf balls can fit into a Suburban SUV.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Siemens in October 2014.

Received a first round interview at my school. The interview lasted 30 mins and they asked me all behavioral questions such as why I would be a good fit. I received a second round interview two days later in Georgia.

Sales Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

2 phone interviews. One with a recruiter and one with the manager. Basic behavioral questions gauging how I would do. Went well. I then went to an on site interview where the manager asked me more about my background and my experience. He gauged more behavioral questions with me. Very relaxed experience.