Siemens

Updated Nov 11, 2014
Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens in September 2008.

Phone interview was lengthy and asked an array of technical questions. Be prepared well in advance to study all types of technologies. They are looking for someone with a broad spectrum of skill sets which include various OS's, network, application support, virtualization, programming. Basically the superman of IT. Face to face interview went well but very intimidating when dealing with with 8 people in the room. I explained it was a little nerve wrecking and they understood.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with extremely difficult people. They really stayed on this question for about 10 minutes. Every answer I gave was in turn given a new question about my answer.   Answer Question

Culture too stuffy and better opportunity with another employer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Siemens in May 2011.

Siemens does not leave a stone upturned to select the best candidate. Selection ratio is very low although
    100's of quality guys compete for 1 seat.

not as such.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

The interview process takes study in itself. It is a behavioral approach and you are run through the gamut with various members of staff and management. It felt like being waterboarded. It took three hours and then found out they went ahead and hired from within, so that it felt like a huge waste of my time to meet some exterior interview requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions, so the hardest for me was about a time I had created an innovative solution to something   View Answer

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens in January 2010.

Thorough. background checks are complete. Expect to have several interviews. Best advise is to be open and honest about strengths and weeknesses. Expect delays. And expect to jump through last minute hoops if you are wanting a position. Last minute meetings and calls were the norm.
    Have References ready, you will need them. And an employee referral will help with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Found this one a bit "touchy". The question was "What do you see as something that could interfere with traveling for work?"
      Felt it was a bit intrusive the way it was asked. I felt they were asking too much about my personal life.
        View Answer
    Unlike most businesses like this, there is not much negotiations that happen.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens in February 2010.

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Graduate Program - Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

The Interview Process consisted of two phases. The first phase was a TEST. You cannot prepare for it because it covered everything under the sun (From business knowledge, trade finance, science, history, accounting, IQ test etc).
    The second phase was the Assessment day which consisted of a group discussion --> Presentation with Q&A --> lunch --> 1-to-Group interview.

Note: You are competing with the candidates within your group and not other candidates in other group. They only employed 3 candidates for my batch.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Siemens in January 2012.

questions regarding the manufacturing domain only and also specific to automation of manufacturing components. More indepth knowledge in the tool you are using and some of the logic to used while automating the applications.

Interview Questions
    • indepth knowledge in the tool which you are currently using.   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

I had an on campus interview for the Leadership Development Program internship. The interview was extremely standardized questions where the interviewer asked them and then simply typed down my answers. These forms of interviews are generally held to eliminate opportunity for discrimination. My interviewer was the head of the LDP program and was extremely informative when I asked questions about the program.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can make an impact on the company?   View Answer
    They had a standardized rate that all interns made. They called me then emailed me an offer letter with salary, star/end date, etc already in there. It was not really negotiable. However, they were extremely flexible with start/end dates because I am still a student. Additionally they worked with my schedule to plan on boarding, drug testing, etc.

Commercial Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens.

3 different interviews:
    1 with HR
    1 with CFO
    1 with direct manager

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens in June 2013.

Very nice interivew panel. The questions they asked were related to the job. Had apperered for a Java position. THere were 3 technical rounds,1 architect round one round with the manager one with the HR and there was a client round

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to OOP basic concepts. Indept question on multi threading and collections. Inter mediate level question on SQL. The best part was questions by the architect where i was asked to design a few classes(skeleton no code involved)
      There was a lot of personal questions, which added to the personal touch.
        View Answer
    Please check the salary trends in the company and also please note the apprisal cycle