Siemens Interview Questions

2.9

Biochemist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tarrytown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in August 2014.

Applied for another Biochemist position, but my resume was intercepted. Received a call from the supervisor about a week later and had a short phone interview. Sixty minute in person interview the following day with two supervisors present. Also received tour of the laboratory (a bit messy, not entirely impressive). Ten days later, received an invitation to interview with potential co-workers and director of department, but declined due to distance (facility is approx. 60mi from my residence). Interviewers were very friendly and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. So tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time you had to collaborate with coworkers, how would you handle a task you've never done before, what are your plans for the future/ where do you see yourself in 10 years, do you mind working late into evenings if necessary, have you ever been given an unexpected deadline and how did you deal with it, can you explain how immunoassays work?   Answer Question

Financial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

interviewed at Siemens in May 2011.

1st Interview - Recruitment Agency - CV based
    2nd Interview - Company - 1:1 - HR Partner & Finance Manager
    3rd Interview - Company - Group - Finance Team

The recruitment process was long and included several email exchanges and telephone conversations with HR. It did not include any personality or assessment tests.

Interview Questions
    • While I don't remember the specifics, the interview with the Finance Manager included some more technical questions. The interview with the HR Partner were quite standard.   Answer Question

Sales Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

2 phone interviews. One with a recruiter and one with the manager. Basic behavioral questions gauging how I would do. Went well. I then went to an on site interview where the manager asked me more about my background and my experience. He gauged more behavioral questions with me. Very relaxed experience.

Intern Interview

Very organized, a few phone calls and emails to set up the interview. It was a two people interviewing and they took notes while you were talking. It was more conversational rather than interrogative. Asked about technical skills, leadership experience, and time commitment.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't have any really difficult questions. The ones required thinking were the "what would you do" in a leadership situation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Contacted thru HR to schedule an interview process and then gave a telephonic round and then called for onsite interview . Onsite interview with 2 different group of people and lasted for 4 hrs .. with interview with HR and VP.

Head Or IT Processa & Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milano (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in June 2010.

1 phone Call with Hr department + 1 interview Face To Face on site With hiring manager + 1 interview on site with It Manager + 1 interview on site with Cfo

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Siemens.

This is the most unprofessional and rude interview I have ever had. The whole process was pretty typical, HR phone screening, HM phone screening and then onsite. Several things made me really disappointed at Siemens diagnostic, once my dream company.
    During the onsite interview, someone indirectly asked my sexual orientation; Someone would laugh quite a few times whenever I did not give the right answer and told me right away that question was so simple. More outrageously, he would paraphrase my question even if I gave the right answer. I had another friend who was also interviewed at the same group. The same guy told her her research was useless. It took three month to get my reimbursement and they made a mistake and it took another month to reimburse me with the right amount. Their site is like a big factory and has a very untasty cafe.

Other interviewers were good, I have to say. Later I know, this rude guy had a friend who was also being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many unexpected questions...some basic knowledge and some behavior questions   Answer Question

Graduate Program - Commercial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

The Interview Process consisted of two phases. The first phase was a TEST. You cannot prepare for it because it covered everything under the sun (From business knowledge, trade finance, science, history, accounting, IQ test etc).
    The second phase was the Assessment day which consisted of a group discussion --> Presentation with Q&A --> lunch --> 1-to-Group interview.

Note: You are competing with the candidates within your group and not other candidates in other group. They only employed 3 candidates for my batch.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in February 2010.

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Healthcare IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in November 2013.

I had a three step process for interviewing for this position. I was already a Siemens employee and applied through the internal job website. Two phone interviews and one in person interview conducted. The company is so large that the interview process is determined heavily on the manager that is hiring. Majority of communication is done through the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Most places tend to ask me what my greatest weakness is. How I handled a difficult situation. What happened the last time I made a mistake. Do I take responsibility for my mistakes, ect.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate. Gave me a 7% increase from my previous position, which ended up being a minimal increase that was less than I should be making according to the chart that they release about the positions market value. Very disappointing.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!