Siemens Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
226 interviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Very organized, a few phone calls and emails to set up the interview. It was a two people interviewing and they took notes while you were talking. It was more conversational rather than interrogative. Asked about technical skills, leadership experience, and time commitment.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't have any really difficult questions. The ones required thinking were the "what would you do" in a leadership situation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Contacted thru HR to schedule an interview process and then gave a telephonic round and then called for onsite interview . Onsite interview with 2 different group of people and lasted for 4 hrs .. with interview with HR and VP.

Head Or IT Processa & Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milano (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in June 2010.

1 phone Call with Hr department + 1 interview Face To Face on site With hiring manager + 1 interview on site with It Manager + 1 interview on site with Cfo

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Siemens.

This is the most unprofessional and rude interview I have ever had. The whole process was pretty typical, HR phone screening, HM phone screening and then onsite. Several things made me really disappointed at Siemens diagnostic, once my dream company.
    During the onsite interview, someone indirectly asked my sexual orientation; Someone would laugh quite a few times whenever I did not give the right answer and told me right away that question was so simple. More outrageously, he would paraphrase my question even if I gave the right answer. I had another friend who was also interviewed at the same group. The same guy told her her research was useless. It took three month to get my reimbursement and they made a mistake and it took another month to reimburse me with the right amount. Their site is like a big factory and has a very untasty cafe.

Other interviewers were good, I have to say. Later I know, this rude guy had a friend who was also being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many unexpected questions...some basic knowledge and some behavior questions   Answer Question

Graduate Program - Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

The Interview Process consisted of two phases. The first phase was a TEST. You cannot prepare for it because it covered everything under the sun (From business knowledge, trade finance, science, history, accounting, IQ test etc).
    The second phase was the Assessment day which consisted of a group discussion --> Presentation with Q&A --> lunch --> 1-to-Group interview.

Note: You are competing with the candidates within your group and not other candidates in other group. They only employed 3 candidates for my batch.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in February 2010.

The job interview process can be lengthy. Being interviewed once and getting a job offer is typically a thing of the past. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews and even third interviews.

Healthcare IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in November 2013.

I had a three step process for interviewing for this position. I was already a Siemens employee and applied through the internal job website. Two phone interviews and one in person interview conducted. The company is so large that the interview process is determined heavily on the manager that is hiring. Majority of communication is done through the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Most places tend to ask me what my greatest weakness is. How I handled a difficult situation. What happened the last time I made a mistake. Do I take responsibility for my mistakes, ect.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate. Gave me a 7% increase from my previous position, which ended up being a minimal increase that was less than I should be making according to the chart that they release about the positions market value. Very disappointing.

Product Sales Executive Interview

3 level interview in office, usually 1 to group of current team
    manager-Top manager-HR
    Focus on mental attitude, personal experiance, sales strategy
    professional system or clinical knowledge non-required

Hiring process takes quite long, like 2 month till the final recruitment

negotiation is impossible

Design and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in July 2012.

The interview was held in 5 rounds
    1) Technical Round with a panel consisting of 2 members. technical questions were not very difficult
    2) Second round with Team lead - in generic about software development process- agile , lean etc
    3) Project manager - In general about domain knowledge- I had nil as I was switching to a different domain.
    4) HR - it was good. The HR personnel was very professional
    5) Department Head - In general asking questions about why do you want to join this domain. Very friendly and supportive for my reasons.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate with an one time joining bonus

Instrumentation and Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in June 2010.

My hiring process was quite fast. My boss wanted to know how good was my English level and if i was an easy going person that overcome easily adversities. The second phase of my interview was with two German bosses from Nuremberg. This one was more difficult because they wanted to know more about my technical skills, what expertise did i had and in what are could i work in.

Interview Questions

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!