Siemens Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

First started with phone interviews. Asked questions regarding my current job and what I would expect from the new position. 3 different person asked me questions. I also described my current projects. What was the technical questions, and how did I solve them.

Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2014.

Had an interview with HR. Nothing special, just basic questions regarding resume and previous experience. The next step is an interview in headquarters. This year they've decided to postpone program for later period, probably August-September.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

Phone interview, I stop the interview process after the phone interview. The recruiter was unprepared and very rude. That told me about the company culture right there. The phone interview was not an interview just a screening process, where the recruiter clearly hadn't even looked over my resume.

Question asked-

Are you employed?
    What is your current/ last salary?
    Can you give me a specify number?
    What is your expected salary ?
    You expecting to make X amount when you are making Y amount.
    Can you give me your top 4 Financial Analyst qualities?

Interview Questions
    • You expecting to make X amount when you are making Y amount.   View Answer

Financial Leadership Development Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

I had an on campus interview for the Leadership Development Program internship. The interview was extremely standardized questions where the interviewer asked them and then simply typed down my answers. These forms of interviews are generally held to eliminate opportunity for discrimination. My interviewer was the head of the LDP program and was extremely informative when I asked questions about the program.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can make an impact on the company?   View Answer
    They had a standardized rate that all interns made. They called me then emailed me an offer letter with salary, star/end date, etc already in there. It was not really negotiable. However, they were extremely flexible with start/end dates because I am still a student. Additionally they worked with my schedule to plan on boarding, drug testing, etc.

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mountain View, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in September 2010.

Registered with staffing agency . Hired as a temp in 1999. Applied for the position I was contracting for .and got the job. I guess a background check was done - the company was Acuson, which was acquired by Siemens in 2001.

Biochemist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens.

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks for a phone screen. In person interview was set for the next week and a 2nd interview followed 2 weeks later. I spoke with multiple individuals on each occasion and gave a talk at the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would the curves look like when you compare these 2 different tests?   Answer Question
    It was a fair offer.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wendell, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wendell, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Siemens in March 2014.

Received a phone call from the scheduler and scheduled an onsite interview direct without any phone interview. Flew in from Minneapolis to North Carolina. Had a 3 hour onsite interview. One with the hiring manager, Second one with the Engineering Manager and the 3rd one with the director. They all seemed pretty cool. Since my job was more like a lateral move interview questions were more on how I solved problems in my current role. While in onsite I got a pretty good idea they were going to hire me. The process after the onsite interview was what drew me away from the company. They took one and half months to come with a response. They came with an offer for Application engineer. I was not happy that they interviewed me for Sr engineer position and then offered me a different position. They said company budgets is not sufficient for Sr Engineer position. Well I am a Sr Engineer now, so I asked them if they wanted me to take a demotion. No proper response either. Even the salary was the same as I am getting paid now. On top, I was shocked to learn that Siemens did not have any bonuses or pension plan. So I had to decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about Differential Protection and Salary expectation.   Answer Question

Not offered the title I interviewed for and a low salary.

Intern Projects and Services Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

On campus, followed by phone interviews

Better offer from other company

ELDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in December 2010.

Long full day interview that will be professional but at the same time pretty laid back and easy going. 90% of the questions are pulled from an HR booklet and should be easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have one super power, what would you want?   Answer Question
    there wasn't much negotiating since I had no other offers to leverage against.

Systems Analyst II Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in January 2012.

I have not had the chance to go through a normal hiring process. My position was absorbed by Siemens when the facility that I work at outsourced positions. From applying to positions internally you rarely get a response to positions that you apply to. That is for an internal canidate so I can only imagine what an external canidate goes through.

There was no negotiation since I was an internal merge.