Siemens Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens in May 2015.

Interview

Typical process: first talk with a recuiter then the hiring manager over the phone, then an on-site interview with 4--5 engineers. It is an easy interview compared to other tech companies who ask Google-style algorithms and coding questions. But it may be too easy -- no way to show my technical breathe and depth, as well as what my capability could be. It feels like they just want to hire out of the resumes and pick up someone who can code and in their flavor. They offered me the position after a week or two with a below market salary and hoped me to accept right away. I tried to negotiate to a higher level and waited. Afer a week, they said "no" and judged me I don't like the team. Actually I feel I can contribute a lot to their ongoing projects and mend theri current skill set but unfortunately there is no deal. On my interview day, I talked with each of the senior engineers in the team for about half an hour, no chance talking with the hiring manager and a follow-up phone interview with the director of engineering. It feels the interviews are not organized very well--> I am not getting enough information about them and they don't get to know my depth.

Interview Questions

• Does the program execution go through the finally if there is return statement in the try block ?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Denver, CO).

Interview

I went in for a one-on-one interview, the hiring manager was really nice. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. I was shocked that they hired the next day. The reason why it took 2 days is because I went and took the drug test and had a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your own transportation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

I met their representatives at a career fair. I was offered an interview the next day. None of the questions were unexpected; they were mostly behavioral ones that required me to recall specific situations. No technical questions were asked. The hardest question I was asked was "What do you expect to be doing in five years if you're not hired by Siemens." I think I fell in the trap because I answered that I hope to be working at a similar company in the industry. Don't do this.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Siemens   1 Answer

Engineering Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and about a week later I received a call for an interview. The interviewers were very rude and acted as if they didn't want to be there. They left the room for a minutes and only one came back to ask additional questions. I was ready to leave from the beginning based on their attitudes and behavior. I didn't get the job and was told it was given to someone who already worked there. Perhaps they had to interview others before giving the position to an employee.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

This was done through networking, so after I sent in my resume a couple days later I got a call for the interview, mostly asked about my resume and work I'd done in the past but it was long distance so kind of choppy.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

I applied through the Career Resource center and interview was very quick and basic. Asked basic behavioral questions as well as two skill related questions. Questions such as what do you know about the company/ why do you want to work here.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you demonstrated leadership in a team setting? What is your greatest weakness? What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. Got an email soon after indicating me to schedule and interview. Interview consisted on behavioral questions based on past experiences. Very general questions, nothing out of left field.

NDE Level II Interview

Interview

All day long you see and talk to a lot of people There are tests on all applicable methods so study ASNT TC 1a The managers and people are very welcoming. Just be professional and well dressed, relax.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple

Applications Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

The interview was about an hour long and entailed many technical questions. The interviewers were nice and friendly. There were not many situational questions such as "Explain a time where you had to express honesty". Overall the interview was not difficult.

Senior Continuous Improvement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Louisville, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

It started out with two phone interviews, then transitioned into an on-site visit, followed by one more phone interview. There was also a off site lunch meeting that was a great way of getting to know the hiring manager. It was overall awesome and I hope to work with them in the future.

Interview Questions

• The questions were 50% behavioral, 50% hypothetical. Lot's centered around ensuring the right cultural fit.   1 Answer