Siemens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in September 2010.

Interview Details – Registered with staffing agency . Hired as a temp in 1999. Applied for the position I was contracting for .and got the job. I guess a background check was done - the company was Acuson, which was acquired by Siemens in 2001.

Biochemist II Interview

Biochemist II

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks for a phone screen. In person interview was set for the next week and a 2nd interview followed 2 weeks later. I spoke with multiple individuals on each occasion and gave a talk at the 2nd interview.

Interview Question – What would the curves look like when you compare these 2 different tests?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a fair offer.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Senior Applications Engineer
Wendell, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Siemens in March 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from the scheduler and scheduled an onsite interview direct without any phone interview. Flew in from Minneapolis to North Carolina. Had a 3 hour onsite interview. One with the hiring manager, Second one with the Engineering Manager and the 3rd one with the director. They all seemed pretty cool. Since my job was more like a lateral move interview questions were more on how I solved problems in my current role. While in onsite I got a pretty good idea they were going to hire me. The process after the onsite interview was what drew me away from the company. They took one and half months to come with a response. They came with an offer for Application engineer. I was not happy that they interviewed me for Sr engineer position and then offered me a different position. They said company budgets is not sufficient for Sr Engineer position. Well I am a Sr Engineer now, so I asked them if they wanted me to take a demotion. No proper response either. Even the salary was the same as I am getting paid now. On top, I was shocked to learn that Siemens did not have any bonuses or pension plan. So I had to decline the offer.

Interview Question – Questions about Differential Protection and Salary expectation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not offered the title I interviewed for and a low salary.

Intern Projects and Services Leadership Development Program Interview

Intern Projects and Services Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – On campus, followed by phone interviews

Reason for Declining – Better offer from other company

ELDP Interview

ELDP
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in December 2010.

Interview Details – Long full day interview that will be professional but at the same time pretty laid back and easy going. 90% of the questions are pulled from an HR booklet and should be easy to answer.

Interview Question – If you could have one super power, what would you want?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't much negotiating since I had no other offers to leverage against.

Very Easy Interview

Systems Analyst II Interview

Systems Analyst II

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in January 2012.

Interview Details – I have not had the chance to go through a normal hiring process. My position was absorbed by Siemens when the facility that I work at outsourced positions. From applying to positions internally you rarely get a response to positions that you apply to. That is for an internal canidate so I can only imagine what an external canidate goes through.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since I was an internal merge.

Prodictopm Interview

Prodictopm

I applied in-person and interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – There were many steps, the process takes months, interview, then another interview. Then forms, then more interviewing or paperwork. The process took a long time and there many steps.

Interview Question – Discuss a hard choice you had to make.   Answer Question

Energy Management Internship Interview

Energy Management Internship

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Talked to recruiter at the school Career fair. Landed the interview right away without having to apply online due to having multiple internship experience. Interviewed at the school's professional building center. Recruiter was pleasant to speak with. Typical behavioral question with an emphasis on project, team, and leadership experiences.

Interview Question – What is the most important quality of being a leader? How have you applied this quality in your leadership experiences?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
North Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in November 2011.

Interview Details – Straight forward

Negotiation Details – Verbal offer and then written. They don't like to hear a complaint on the verbal.

Siemens Industry Interview

Siemens Industry

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Recruited as a contractor and eventually hired full time. Most of the initial phase was directly with the hiring manager and not with HR. I was hired as a contractor and brought on full time after. The HR team is awesome and thoughtful. They really care about the people and the business. I always felt at ease during the process.

Interview Question – Interview was extremely practical. The hiring manager got out a set of drawings and made me identify most of the components of the equipment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was great. They gave me more than I expected.