Siemens Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

Prodictopm Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Siemens.

There were many steps, the process takes months, interview, then another interview. Then forms, then more interviewing or paperwork. The process took a long time and there many steps.

Energy Management Internship Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens.

Talked to recruiter at the school Career fair. Landed the interview right away without having to apply online due to having multiple internship experience. Interviewed at the school's professional building center. Recruiter was pleasant to speak with. Typical behavioral question with an emphasis on project, team, and leadership experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important quality of being a leader? How have you applied this quality in your leadership experiences?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in November 2011.

Straight forward

Verbal offer and then written. They don't like to hear a complaint on the verbal.

Siemens Industry Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens.

Recruited as a contractor and eventually hired full time. Most of the initial phase was directly with the hiring manager and not with HR. I was hired as a contractor and brought on full time after. The HR team is awesome and thoughtful. They really care about the people and the business. I always felt at ease during the process.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was extremely practical. The hiring manager got out a set of drawings and made me identify most of the components of the equipment.   View Answer
    It was great. They gave me more than I expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

I applied online and the process took about 10 dates - interviewed at Siemens in Mar 2014.

Interview Questions
    • Details about the projects I used to work. Some technical questions. Still waiting for call...   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Siemens in February 2014.

I applied on the website with my resume and what goals I had. This was for the Engineering Leadership Development Program. I got an email and call from a recruiter and set up an interview with a project manager. The interview was a 30 minute phone interview and was not technical at all. He asked about my past research projects and any challenging things I've worked on. I got the offer from the HR recruiter later that day.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation, just asked for extra time to think about it

Director of Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in May 2010.

Every thing Siemens does is a process driven activity. What you can count on is that every facet of the interview process will be conducted with professionalism.

Nothing. Just glad to be offered the job. The managers are fairly tied down to a set budget for the position and there's very little to negotiate, other than perhaps starting a day or so later.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in March 2014.

I applied online through their website and maybe 2-3 weeks later got a call to setup a phone interview. Pretty standard phone interview and 2-3 weeks after that got called in for a face to face. This division was pretty informal and I was handed of to 4 or 5 engineers to just talk about my qualifications. About 2 hours. Finally got sent home with a basic engineering homework problem.

Internship Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens.

I got the interview by responding to a job post. After one or two weeks I was contacted and an 1 hr phone interview was scheduled. In the phone interview, first they asked a brief self introduction, then they went through the cv and ask questions about the projects, finally some questions about programming experience.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing is to explain the research and ideas briefly and clearly, and present your problem solving ability. It needs some practice before interview.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in September 2010.

Siemens uses external recruiters with internal email addresses for higher level jobs. Each business unit manages their own hiring from their US headquarters location, which varies by business unit. They do post jobs on usa.siemens.com, but the job title system can be very confusing and not intuitive. You can search by business unit, but I recommend searching by geographic location instead. The interview process also can vary greatly from location to location and the process is often reliant upon who is funding the role. In-person interviews are most common and behavioral style interviewing style has been adopted broadly.

Each business unit has its own culture. The corporate culture is also rather conservative. This is predominately an engineering company and rather stoic at the corporate level. Individual offices do have more varied culture and tend to engage more in local activity if they can fund themselves.