Siemens Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.9

Energy Management Internship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at the school Career fair. Landed the interview right away without having to apply online due to having multiple internship experience. Interviewed at the school's professional building center. Recruiter was pleasant to speak with. Typical behavioral question with an emphasis on project, team, and leadership experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important quality of being a leader? How have you applied this quality in your leadership experiences?   Answer Question

Siemens Industry Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Recruited as a contractor and eventually hired full time. Most of the initial phase was directly with the hiring manager and not with HR. I was hired as a contractor and brought on full time after. The HR team is awesome and thoughtful. They really care about the people and the business. I always felt at ease during the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview was extremely practical. The hiring manager got out a set of drawings and made me identify most of the components of the equipment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was great. They gave me more than I expected.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 10 dates - interviewed at Siemens in Mar 2014.

Interview Questions

• Details about the projects I used to work. Some technical questions. Still waiting for call...   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens.

Interview

I got the interview by responding to a job post. After one or two weeks I was contacted and an 1 hr phone interview was scheduled. In the phone interview, first they asked a brief self introduction, then they went through the cv and ask questions about the projects, finally some questions about programming experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing is to explain the research and ideas briefly and clearly, and present your problem solving ability. It needs some practice before interview.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Siemens (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website and maybe 2-3 weeks later got a call to setup a phone interview. Pretty standard phone interview and 2-3 weeks after that got called in for a face to face. This division was pretty informal and I was handed of to 4 or 5 engineers to just talk about my qualifications. About 2 hours. Finally got sent home with a basic engineering homework problem.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens (Wendell, NC) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call from the scheduler and scheduled an onsite interview direct without any phone interview. Flew in from Minneapolis to North Carolina. Had a 3 hour onsite interview. One with the hiring manager, Second one with the Engineering Manager and the 3rd one with the director. They all seemed pretty cool. Since my job was more like a lateral move interview questions were more on how I solved problems in my current role. While in onsite I got a pretty good idea they were going to hire me. The process after the onsite interview was what drew me away from the company. They took one and half months to come with a response. They came with an offer for Application engineer. I was not happy that they interviewed me for Sr engineer position and then offered me a different position. They said company budgets is not sufficient for Sr Engineer position. Well I am a Sr Engineer now, so I asked them if they wanted me to take a demotion. No proper response either. Even the salary was the same as I am getting paid now. On top, I was shocked to learn that Siemens did not have any bonuses or pension plan. So I had to decline the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Differential Protection and Salary expectation.   Answer Question

Not offered the title I interviewed for and a low salary.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Phone interview first, then group interview.

EIT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Telephone Interview

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a technical concept to an individual who was not well versed in that subject?   Answer Question

Better Employment Oppertunity

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens in February 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with HR. Nothing special, just basic questions regarding resume and previous experience. The next step is an interview in headquarters. This year they've decided to postpone program for later period, probably August-September.

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied on the website with my resume and what goals I had. This was for the Engineering Leadership Development Program. I got an email and call from a recruiter and set up an interview with a project manager. The interview was a 30 minute phone interview and was not technical at all. He asked about my past research projects and any challenging things I've worked on. I got the offer from the HR recruiter later that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation, just asked for extra time to think about it