Siemens

Relevance Date Difficulty

National Business Development Manager Interview

National Business Development Manager
Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Siemens in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed by HR, then the hiring manager, then his Director

Interview Question – Background in Homeland Security   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Provided base salary, company car, medical, etc. benefts

Siemens Advanced Program/Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Siemens Advanced Program/Manufacturing Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Multi-step application process: general phone screening, online application, aptitude test, group interview. Got to aptitude test, which was mainly based on management data - not sure if there was a translation error, since the only possible answers were true, false, or absolutely not true. Communicated with the Munich headquarters, so it was a slow process waiting and then doing each application step.

Interview Question – Asked questions on business management and how to analyze data.   Answer Question

Finance Leadership Development Program Internship Interview

Finance Leadership Development Program Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

Interview Details – Gave recruiter my resume and got a call for an interview within a few hours. Had an interview the next week on campus. Interviewers were nice but very serious. Asked your standard behavioral questions and some basic financial statement questions. All the employees were very helpful throughout the short process.

Interview Question – All were standard behavioral questions. Nothing at all out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The time given to accept/decline the offer was too short

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance Leadership Development Program Intern Interview

Finance Leadership Development Program Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in October 2011.

Interview Details – They first interviewed candidates at the university, and then invited those candidates that made the second round to the Atlanta office. The first round was more of them getting a feel for if you would be a good fit for the program and if you were interested. The second round was a lot of behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – How would you go about telling your manager she was wrong?   Answer Question

Procurement Rotational Program Interview

Procurement Rotational Program
East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

Interview Details – Asks you a situational question about what you would do in a certain situation on the job.

Interview Question – refer to above   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Services Specialist Interview

Senior Electrical Services Specialist
Beltsville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in May 2013.

Interview Details – Initially applied online and was contacted several months later by an HR representative. We negotiated pay (as I was a mid to late career applicant with much experience) and proceeded to the online background check and drug screen. It is a good idea to be aware of what you are worth going in, as you will be low balled. Don't be shocked, that's just a big corporation getting the most bang for their buck. All went well. If you have worked internationally expect the background check to take some time as Siemens will get in touch with the other country's police/court system to verify you are a good investment. My hiring manager came across as good natured however it was apparent his experience was in another line of Siemen's products. He did have the foresight to have an experienced employee sit in on the interview so that my technical proficiency could be properly assessed.

Interview Question – What software have you used to program PLCs (programmable logic controllers)? I work with system protection and construction and modification of higher voltage equipment (480V-500kV) and this question was more based for their building automation (climate control/fire suppression) group of which my hiring manager was more familiar with. Take away, know your stuff going in. It may benefit you to research specific Siemens applications and have something to talk about.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – An offer was made by the hiring manager which was slightly below what was negotiated with the HR representative. I initially declined the offer. I thought about it for a week and closely analyzed the pros and cons of my current employer and other offers which were made during this period. FYI the other players were Schneider Electric (Square D), Eaton (Cutler Hammer), Pepco (a local electric utility), High Voltage Maintenance (Emerson). I contacted the HR representative and we agreed to the original offer made by her. Obviously if you have a job going in your hand is a bit stronger. Don't short sell yourself. This is who I work for and I want a strong and dedicated team. So far so good.

Contract Manager Interview

Contract Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens in July 2013.

Interview Details – I first interviewed with the HR representative. He went over the basics, like most HR reps (salary, expectations, job description, etc.). He scheduled me for a first interview. However, before I even went in for the first interview, they sent me a couple of exercises to complete and email back before the scheduled interview date (drafting and correcting mistakes in contract samples, answering questions about indemnification/liability clauses). I went to the first interview with the hiring managers. Before the interview began they sat me down to do another round of written exercises. The interview process for this interview (including the time for the written exercises) took about an hour to an hour and a half. They called me back about a week later to schedule the second interview. This interview took a good half day and was with the same hiring managers, their manager, and the head of the department. Additionally, they took me out for lunch with the team of people I would have been working with. About a week later, they called to let me know that I had not been chosen. However, a couple of weeks after that, one of the hiring managers asked if I would like to come back in for another interview and stated that I would have to complete some more written exercises. While I was interested in the position, I could not spend any more time interviewing in person as I had already missed a day and a half of work (I work about 2 hours away from their office). So, I told them I would be glad to do any additional interviews over the phone. Honestly, I would have loved working there and it would have been a good opportunity for me; but the time and effort they expect out of the job candidates is and was unreasonable.

Interview Question – None really. They had the typical questions; but did ask what animal I would like to be and what my favorite book was.   Answer Question

Bogie Intern Interview

Bogie Intern
Sacramento, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Siemens in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had a group interview with two interviewers: the bogie business manager and the bogie mechanical engineer. The business manager walked me from the lobby to his office and the entire time it was pretty relaxed. Of course I was nervous-- so much that I stumbled on answering one of his questions-- but the manager told me to relax in a comforting way. They mainly asked questions about myself, what I've done, why I want to work for them, and about their company. They didn't expect me to know much technical information. Although I didn't get the internship, I received a call from the engineer who interviewed me saying that I was a runner up... the only one-up the other guy had on me was welding experience.

[Edit]
I got a call 3 months later and was offered the same position.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical question: Let's say we hire you and another intern and you guys are expected to give a presentation at the end of your term. However, during the presentation, instead of splitting the presentation in half as agreed, your colleague finishes the presentation without allowing you a chance to speak. What would you do?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
  • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Systems Specialist
Hayward, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a recruiter. He set up the interview date/time. I showed up to the office, waited about 5 minutes and then was brought into an interview room. I was interviewed over the next 3 hours by around 7 people. Each person had a different job, the large number of people was mainly due to the fact that they didn't know if they wanted me in the service or install side of the business.

Interview Question – Discuss any hobbies or skills you have outside of work experience that contributes to what you bring to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Siemens is large, really only your starting pay is negotiable. PTO, medical, dental, etc is standardized across the company.

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Services Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Services Coordinator
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had three people interview me which consisted of the team manager and two team leads. The team director was not a part of it. Pleasant interraction with most of the usual questions.
The interview was for an hour and half and there were not many questions being asked. It was more like they were taking a break from their job.
I showed up at the location and after meeting security at the front desk my manager escorted me into the building and showed me around.
I was also introduced to a few of the team members and post interview had the opportunity to shadow a team member.
They called me 7 days after the interview to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Hiring Process was pretty easy. My manager asked me " if you were an animal which animal would you be" also he asked me " sell me this pencil"
My job was not sales related neither was his. Confusing. Nothing related .
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Take it or leave it. I asked if there was room to negotiate the salary but was told that there are others waiting and would be happy with this salary and there is no negotiating. I needed the job so i took it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Siemens