Siemens

2.9

Healthcare IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens in November 2013.

I had a three step process for interviewing for this position. I was already a Siemens employee and applied through the internal job website. Two phone interviews and one in person interview conducted. The company is so large that the interview process is determined heavily on the manager that is hiring. Majority of communication is done through the HR department.

Interview Questions
    • Most places tend to ask me what my greatest weakness is. How I handled a difficult situation. What happened the last time I made a mistake. Do I take responsibility for my mistakes, ect.   Answer Question
    They would not negotiate. Gave me a 7% increase from my previous position, which ended up being a minimal increase that was less than I should be making according to the chart that they release about the positions market value. Very disappointing.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

The first interview was on-campus. It was mostly behavioral with a few easy technical questions. The second round was in their NY office. Very professional, well-done interview process. It consisted of a group case study and 3 interviews

Interview Questions
    • What can you to manipulate on the I/S to increase operating CF   View Answer

I got a better offer with a different company

Siemens Advanced Program/Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens.

Multi-step application process: general phone screening, online application, aptitude test, group interview. Got to aptitude test, which was mainly based on management data - not sure if there was a translation error, since the only possible answers were true, false, or absolutely not true. Communicated with the Munich headquarters, so it was a slow process waiting and then doing each application step.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions on business management and how to analyze data.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens.

Initial contact was a recruiter. He set up the interview date/time. I showed up to the office, waited about 5 minutes and then was brought into an interview room. I was interviewed over the next 3 hours by around 7 people. Each person had a different job, the large number of people was mainly due to the fact that they didn't know if they wanted me in the service or install side of the business.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss any hobbies or skills you have outside of work experience that contributes to what you bring to the company.   Answer Question
    Siemens is large, really only your starting pay is negotiable. PTO, medical, dental, etc is standardized across the company.

Financial Leadership Development Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

I had an on campus interview for the Leadership Development Program internship. The interview was extremely standardized questions where the interviewer asked them and then simply typed down my answers. These forms of interviews are generally held to eliminate opportunity for discrimination. My interviewer was the head of the LDP program and was extremely informative when I asked questions about the program.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can make an impact on the company?   View Answer
    They had a standardized rate that all interns made. They called me then emailed me an offer letter with salary, star/end date, etc already in there. It was not really negotiable. However, they were extremely flexible with start/end dates because I am still a student. Additionally they worked with my schedule to plan on boarding, drug testing, etc.

Procurement Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

Asks you a situational question about what you would do in a certain situation on the job.

Finance Leadership Development Program Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

Gave recruiter my resume and got a call for an interview within a few hours. Had an interview the next week on campus. Interviewers were nice but very serious. Asked your standard behavioral questions and some basic financial statement questions. All the employees were very helpful throughout the short process.

Interview Questions
    • All were standard behavioral questions. Nothing at all out of the ordinary   Answer Question

The time given to accept/decline the offer was too short

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Siemens in July 2013.

I first interviewed with the HR representative. He went over the basics, like most HR reps (salary, expectations, job description, etc.). He scheduled me for a first interview. However, before I even went in for the first interview, they sent me a couple of exercises to complete and email back before the scheduled interview date (drafting and correcting mistakes in contract samples, answering questions about indemnification/liability clauses). I went to the first interview with the hiring managers. Before the interview began they sat me down to do another round of written exercises. The interview process for this interview (including the time for the written exercises) took about an hour to an hour and a half. They called me back about a week later to schedule the second interview. This interview took a good half day and was with the same hiring managers, their manager, and the head of the department. Additionally, they took me out for lunch with the team of people I would have been working with. About a week later, they called to let me know that I had not been chosen. However, a couple of weeks after that, one of the hiring managers asked if I would like to come back in for another interview and stated that I would have to complete some more written exercises. While I was interested in the position, I could not spend any more time interviewing in person as I had already missed a day and a half of work (I work about 2 hours away from their office). So, I told them I would be glad to do any additional interviews over the phone. Honestly, I would have loved working there and it would have been a good opportunity for me; but the time and effort they expect out of the job candidates is and was unreasonable.

Interview Questions
    • None really. They had the typical questions; but did ask what animal I would like to be and what my favorite book was.   Answer Question

Bogie Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Siemens in June 2013.

I had a group interview with two interviewers: the bogie business manager and the bogie mechanical engineer. The business manager walked me from the lobby to his office and the entire time it was pretty relaxed. Of course I was nervous-- so much that I stumbled on answering one of his questions-- but the manager told me to relax in a comforting way. They mainly asked questions about myself, what I've done, why I want to work for them, and about their company. They didn't expect me to know much technical information. Although I didn't get the internship, I received a call from the engineer who interviewed me saying that I was a runner up... the only one-up the other guy had on me was welding experience.

[Edit]
    I got a call 3 months later and was offered the same position.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical question: Let's say we hire you and another intern and you guys are expected to give a presentation at the end of your term. However, during the presentation, instead of splitting the presentation in half as agreed, your colleague finishes the presentation without allowing you a chance to speak. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Senior Electrical Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens in May 2013.

Initially applied online and was contacted several months later by an HR representative. We negotiated pay (as I was a mid to late career applicant with much experience) and proceeded to the online background check and drug screen. It is a good idea to be aware of what you are worth going in, as you will be low balled. Don't be shocked, that's just a big corporation getting the most bang for their buck. All went well. If you have worked internationally expect the background check to take some time as Siemens will get in touch with the other country's police/court system to verify you are a good investment. My hiring manager came across as good natured however it was apparent his experience was in another line of Siemen's products. He did have the foresight to have an experienced employee sit in on the interview so that my technical proficiency could be properly assessed.

Interview Questions
    • What software have you used to program PLCs (programmable logic controllers)? I work with system protection and construction and modification of higher voltage equipment (480V-500kV) and this question was more based for their building automation (climate control/fire suppression) group of which my hiring manager was more familiar with. Take away, know your stuff going in. It may benefit you to research specific Siemens applications and have something to talk about.   View Answer
    An offer was made by the hiring manager which was slightly below what was negotiated with the HR representative. I initially declined the offer. I thought about it for a week and closely analyzed the pros and cons of my current employer and other offers which were made during this period. FYI the other players were Schneider Electric (Square D), Eaton (Cutler Hammer), Pepco (a local electric utility), High Voltage Maintenance (Emerson). I contacted the HR representative and we agreed to the original offer made by her. Obviously if you have a job going in your hand is a bit stronger. Don't short sell yourself. This is who I work for and I want a strong and dedicated team. So far so good.