Siemens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Specialist Interview

Systems Specialist
Hayward, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Initial contact was a recruiter. He set up the interview date/time. I showed up to the office, waited about 5 minutes and then was brought into an interview room. I was interviewed over the next 3 hours by around 7 people. Each person had a different job, the large number of people was mainly due to the fact that they didn't know if they wanted me in the service or install side of the business.

Interview Question – Discuss any hobbies or skills you have outside of work experience that contributes to what you bring to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Siemens is large, really only your starting pay is negotiable. PTO, medical, dental, etc is standardized across the company.

Human Resources Services Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Services Coordinator
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had three people interview me which consisted of the team manager and two team leads. The team director was not a part of it. Pleasant interraction with most of the usual questions.
The interview was for an hour and half and there were not many questions being asked. It was more like they were taking a break from their job.
I showed up at the location and after meeting security at the front desk my manager escorted me into the building and showed me around.
I was also introduced to a few of the team members and post interview had the opportunity to shadow a team member.
They called me 7 days after the interview to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Hiring Process was pretty easy. My manager asked me " if you were an animal which animal would you be" also he asked me " sell me this pencil"
My job was not sales related neither was his. Confusing. Nothing related .
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Take it or leave it. I asked if there was room to negotiate the salary but was told that there are others waiting and would be happy with this salary and there is no negotiating. I needed the job so i took it.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in October 2012.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from a recruiter who immediately set me up with the Hiring manager

After my interview i did not know i was gonna be interviewed again by another manager

Two weeks later i was made an offer....though i wanted more but they were will to train me beause i did not have working experience

Interview Question – If you are asked to do something non-ethical, what would you do   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Direct

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens in December 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward, and none of the typical BS, very enjoyable actually...

Interview Question – The usual "where do you see yourself in 5 years" is a bit dated, esp. for workers in our 40's....   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty take-it-or-leave-it, but it was solid with great upside, so I accepted as to not upset the process and move into the chair.

Hard Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Digital Hardware design engineer.
It was only a phone interview with Engineering manager and other senior engineers.
Asked lot of technical questions and some of them are digital circuit text book question which is fine but it does not prove that your knowledge about real world design experience.
They even ask your GPA and It seems like they think people with >3.5/4 GPA are only good enough for them.

Interview Question – what are the difference between C/C++ language and HDL (Verilog/VHDL) language ?   Answer Question

Customer Service and Dispatch Interview

Customer Service and Dispatch
Cary, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews one on the phone and two in Cary face to face. Still waiting for a call back.

Operational Audit Interview

Operational Audit
Iselin, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Very Long Interview Process. If they call you for the first interview that means that they will offer you the job.

Not that many people want to work for Siemens because of its reputation in treating its American employees badly . so the recruiters are desperately in need of talent and they have hard time finding the right talent.

Interview Question – The interview is very easy. Trust me they are desperately looking for people who are willing to work for them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, you can ask for $8,000 more than the based offer. I accepted this job but I left after short period of time.

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Supply Chain Development Program
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Siemens in September 2012.

Interview Details – Got an interview through my schools career services website. Met with 3 upper management people, even though I was expecting 1. Lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for us. Asking questions to 3 people and getting different responses was hard to manage.   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in August 2009.

Interview Details – I worked for Siemens for 6 years and I applied to a position in Las Vegas, NV. I received a invite for an interview, The process was all wrong, I had to pay for the Hotel room and food. I went to the interview and everything went well. I received an offer letter,

Interview Question – What was the most difficult issue that arose, and how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Operational Auditor/Financial Auditor Known As CF A Interview

Operational Auditor/Financial Auditor Known As CF A
Iselin, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Siemens in February 2009.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – All the questions were easy depends if the hiring manager likes you or not   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation