Siemens Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to fill this role. After a preliminary 20-minute phone interview, I was called in to their office, a sprawling building in a Philadelphia suburb, for an interview with two marketing executives. They were overall friendly, accommodating and low-pressure.

I was never officially notified that I didn't get the position (more the fault of the recruiter than the company, I'd expect) but figured it out when, two weeks later, I was inundated with multiple offers from recruiters asking to represent me for this same position.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of something you worked on that completely flopped and how you recovered.   1 Answer

Healthcare IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens (Malvern, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a three step process for interviewing for this position. I was already a Siemens employee and applied through the internal job website. Two phone interviews and one in person interview conducted. The company is so large that the interview process is determined heavily on the manager that is hiring. Majority of communication is done through the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Most places tend to ask me what my greatest weakness is. How I handled a difficult situation. What happened the last time I made a mistake. Do I take responsibility for my mistakes, ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate. Gave me a 7% increase from my previous position, which ended up being a minimal increase that was less than I should be making according to the chart that they release about the positions market value. Very disappointing.

Finance Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens (Tarrytown, NY).

Interview

The first interview was on-campus. It was mostly behavioral with a few easy technical questions. The second round was in their NY office. Very professional, well-done interview process. It consisted of a group case study and 3 interviews

Interview Questions

• What can you to manipulate on the I/S to increase operating CF   1 Answer

I got a better offer with a different company

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Multi-step application process: general phone screening, online application, aptitude test, group interview. Got to aptitude test, which was mainly based on management data - not sure if there was a translation error, since the only possible answers were true, false, or absolutely not true. Communicated with the Munich headquarters, so it was a slow process waiting and then doing each application step.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on business management and how to analyze data.   Answer Question

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens (Hayward, CA).

Interview

Initial contact was a recruiter. He set up the interview date/time. I showed up to the office, waited about 5 minutes and then was brought into an interview room. I was interviewed over the next 3 hours by around 7 people. Each person had a different job, the large number of people was mainly due to the fact that they didn't know if they wanted me in the service or install side of the business.

Interview Questions

• Discuss any hobbies or skills you have outside of work experience that contributes to what you bring to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Siemens is large, really only your starting pay is negotiable. PTO, medical, dental, etc is standardized across the company.

Financial Leadership Development Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had an on campus interview for the Leadership Development Program internship. The interview was extremely standardized questions where the interviewer asked them and then simply typed down my answers. These forms of interviews are generally held to eliminate opportunity for discrimination. My interviewer was the head of the LDP program and was extremely informative when I asked questions about the program.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can make an impact on the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They had a standardized rate that all interns made. They called me then emailed me an offer letter with salary, star/end date, etc already in there. It was not really negotiable. However, they were extremely flexible with start/end dates because I am still a student. Additionally they worked with my schedule to plan on boarding, drug testing, etc.

Procurement Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens (East Lansing, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Asks you a situational question about what you would do in a certain situation on the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Siemens in September 2013.

Interview

Gave recruiter my resume and got a call for an interview within a few hours. Had an interview the next week on campus. Interviewers were nice but very serious. Asked your standard behavioral questions and some basic financial statement questions. All the employees were very helpful throughout the short process.

Interview Questions

• All were standard behavioral questions. Nothing at all out of the ordinary   Answer Question

The time given to accept/decline the offer was too short

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens in July 2013.

Interview

Received call for telephone screen about 2 weeks after submission of application. Then had a secondary, more in depth phone interview with recruiter. Was invited to in person interview which turned out to be a team interview with approximately 8 interviewers. Was also given preliminary hire screen packet and examination for submission post interview.

After the extremely rigorous in person interview and submission of my exam, I was not selected for the position. Unknown as to why, but this was a very educational experience. Go to your interview as over prepped as you can be, and it might be enough!

Interview Questions

• Technical legal questions regarding specific contractual language. Some questions were analytical but others were fact-based on items I had not looked at since law school.   Answer Question

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I first interviewed with the HR representative. He went over the basics, like most HR reps (salary, expectations, job description, etc.). He scheduled me for a first interview. However, before I even went in for the first interview, they sent me a couple of exercises to complete and email back before the scheduled interview date (drafting and correcting mistakes in contract samples, answering questions about indemnification/liability clauses). I went to the first interview with the hiring managers. Before the interview began they sat me down to do another round of written exercises. The interview process for this interview (including the time for the written exercises) took about an hour to an hour and a half. They called me back about a week later to schedule the second interview. This interview took a good half day and was with the same hiring managers, their manager, and the head of the department. Additionally, they took me out for lunch with the team of people I would have been working with. About a week later, they called to let me know that I had not been chosen. However, a couple of weeks after that, one of the hiring managers asked if I would like to come back in for another interview and stated that I would have to complete some more written exercises. While I was interested in the position, I could not spend any more time interviewing in person as I had already missed a day and a half of work (I work about 2 hours away from their office). So, I told them I would be glad to do any additional interviews over the phone. Honestly, I would have loved working there and it would have been a good opportunity for me; but the time and effort they expect out of the job candidates is and was unreasonable.

Interview Questions

• None really. They had the typical questions; but did ask what animal I would like to be and what my favorite book was.   Answer Question