Siemens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Cary, NC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in August 2010.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview with recruiter, 2 face to face interviews...first with hiring manager and panel and second one with executive management.

Interview Question – Three part behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate.

Service Specialist Interview

Service Specialist
Beltsville, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in November 2010.

Interview Details – I originally was called by the manager and we set up a phone interview for an internship. I did not receive an offer at that time, but I called back when I was nearing graduation and they had me come in for an interview. I was interviewed by three or four of the engineers working there. I was asked the general questions but the questions that stood out were, "How to find the current flowing through this circuit diagram" and "How would you heat this room? Show me."

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was ad hoc as Siemens was building the job position around a new business unit. The interviews were geared toward general understanding of the market and specific ideas regarding new business development. The interviews was very informal but the questions ranged over a spectrum of topics from policy to technical information. I was not willing to relocate to DC and they have yet to start the new business unit.

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate to the DC area?   View Answer

MIS Co-Op Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens in June 2011.

Interview Details – The first on phone interview was simply an explanation of the job and asking of some pretty standard questions. They asked me something along the lines of "Explain a situation where you were had to solve a difficult problem and how you went about solving it". Everything was pretty standard and went smoothly. I found that they were impressed by how many programming languages I had learned on my spare time that were not standard for school.

The in person interview was even more relaxed than the on phone one, there I spoke to a team of 3 who went over my resume from top to bottom and asked simple question about each item. What did you do in scool? What is your fav. programming language, what not. It was really a more of "get to know you" type of thing. They asked me if I had ever used Oracle database systems, to which I had regrettably had responded, "No", something I should perhaps researched a little before coming in, since some of the technologies for the job were listed on the description of the Siemens website. After my security clearance was finished, I was informed, online, that I didn't get the job. Not sure exactly what is was that didn't get me the job but, butter luck next time.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult problem you had to solve, and how did you solve it?   View Answer
  • What is your favorite programming language? How do you use it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in May 2011.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview and was offered a face to face that never got scheduled..

Interview Question – Previous experience   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Service Specialist
Beltsville, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an in person interview the week later. Phone interview consisted of questions on engineering experience, ability to use a multimeter, hobbies regarding work around the house/car. In person interview took about 3 hours. Interviewed with about 8 of their employees with each session having 1-3 employees asking questions. Questions consisted of correct multimeter usage, a lot of HVAC and electrical questions, and other basic interview questions (hobbies, strengths/weaknesses, future plans). Let me know week after that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Question – Add components to a water flow system to regulate heat generated in a room.   View Answer

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Irving, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the talant coordinator, then directed that I would be called by the hiring manager which did not happen. Then I was called but the lead person of the department which was not prepared to conduct the interview and I was asked to call back to another number. Once the whole process was over I never heard back for two months if the position was filled or not.

Interview Question – What do you expect out of the new position.   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Interview

Tarrytown, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2011.

Interview Details – Initial email contact from HR department to set up phone interview with proposed supervisor. Interview conducted successfully. HR arranges phone interview with manager up one more level. Interview conducted successfully. HR arranges in-person interview with three managers. Interviews conducted successfully. Then, total silence despite my leaving one voice mail for HR representative and one for proposed supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind getting up early? We are early risers and at our desks by 7 to avoid the traffic; around 4:30 or 5, we feel free to leave. How do you feel about that?   View Answer
  • We've undergone constant restructuring for years and it's not over yet. Some of us find this frustrating. Will you?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was a standard interview. One on one with an interviewer. The interviewer was a regional director of PM's. The company seemed very big but the medical division that the interviewer managed was limited to three geographic locations.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Service Team Leader Interview

Service Team Leader
Fresno, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in December 2008.

Interview Details – One on one and very to the point. A combination of experience and behavioral testing. They just seemed to want to know what I was bringing to the table. I was asked many questions about my previous employer and what I knew about different technologies. They made it clear they wanted someone to run a department and keep it going with little supervision.

Interview Question – What are alarm systems are you familiar with?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was pleasant and very to the point. They offered me well over 4 dollars more an hour than I was previously.
They made it very clear that they were competitive and that showed.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Siemens