Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics

diagnostics.siemens.com

Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics Biochemist I Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Biochemist I Interview

Biochemist I
Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics in June 2007.

Interview Details – The hiring process seemed pretty routine. You'll meet with an HR Representative first, then a series of individual interviews with a panel of employees. When I did it, you sat in a conference room and they came to you, but more recently you'd get a tour of building going to different offices interviewing Some are managers, some will be peers at your level.

To be honest, it wasn't very rigorous for my position. A project leader position is much more thorough and would involve a presentation. I basically talked about courses I took pertininent to my position and my internship experience. Be prepared for everyone to ask if you're prepared to handle blood and urine.

Interview Question – None of my questions were very difficult, but the one that came up the most was "Are you okay handling blood, serum, urine, and plasma?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are no longer able to request extra vacation time. I didn't negotiate salary, I wish I did make a counter offer, but at the time it paid better and was closer to home than another offer I received. I'm not sure how they handle it now that a transparent salary structure is provided to employees.
If you do interview for a Biochemist I position here, you should ask for at least $50k. If you have a good amount of experience (4+ years), I'd ask for $60k

Worked for Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!