Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics in February 2010.

I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview was in the evening and lasted well over an hour. I was asked various questions about my background and the work I'd done at my previous employer related to training. I felt the interview went very well until a discussion about salary requirements came up. Since HR had not mentioned salary to me, the hiring manager told me the range they were looking to fill the position at and I indicated that the range appeared to be acceptable but most likely at the higher end versus the lower end. I asked about next steps and the hiring manager indicated that she wanted to bring me in for a panel interview the next week. The next evening however, HR called and I assumed she was calling to schedule the panel interview. Instead, though, she started asking about salary expectations and I told her I had some flexibility and that I had discussed this with the hiring manager the previous evening. She then got rather abrupt with me and proceeded to do an over-the-phone impromptu interview asking me why I felt I was the best candidate for the job along with other questions intended to trip me up - which they did! We ended the call by indicating that she would call me back the next day to confirm the face-to-face timing. I didn't hear from her the day and so called her the following morning. She wasn't there but did call me back that evening to say that they had decided not to pursue my candidacy for the position. I later learned this HR manager wasn't even a permanent employee of the company!

Interview Questions