Siemens

Relevance Date Difficulty

EIT Interview

EIT
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2014.

Interview Details – Telephone Interview

Interview Question – How would you explain a technical concept to an individual who was not well versed in that subject?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better Employment Oppertunity

Contract Manager Interview

Contract Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens in July 2013.

Interview Details – I first interviewed with the HR representative. He went over the basics, like most HR reps (salary, expectations, job description, etc.). He scheduled me for a first interview. However, before I even went in for the first interview, they sent me a couple of exercises to complete and email back before the scheduled interview date (drafting and correcting mistakes in contract samples, answering questions about indemnification/liability clauses). I went to the first interview with the hiring managers. Before the interview began they sat me down to do another round of written exercises. The interview process for this interview (including the time for the written exercises) took about an hour to an hour and a half. They called me back about a week later to schedule the second interview. This interview took a good half day and was with the same hiring managers, their manager, and the head of the department. Additionally, they took me out for lunch with the team of people I would have been working with. About a week later, they called to let me know that I had not been chosen. However, a couple of weeks after that, one of the hiring managers asked if I would like to come back in for another interview and stated that I would have to complete some more written exercises. While I was interested in the position, I could not spend any more time interviewing in person as I had already missed a day and a half of work (I work about 2 hours away from their office). So, I told them I would be glad to do any additional interviews over the phone. Honestly, I would have loved working there and it would have been a good opportunity for me; but the time and effort they expect out of the job candidates is and was unreasonable.

Interview Question – None really. They had the typical questions; but did ask what animal I would like to be and what my favorite book was.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Services Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Services Coordinator
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in July 2009.

Interview Details – I had three people interview me which consisted of the team manager and two team leads. The team director was not a part of it. Pleasant interraction with most of the usual questions.
The interview was for an hour and half and there were not many questions being asked. It was more like they were taking a break from their job.
I showed up at the location and after meeting security at the front desk my manager escorted me into the building and showed me around.
I was also introduced to a few of the team members and post interview had the opportunity to shadow a team member.
They called me 7 days after the interview to make me an offer.

Interview Question – Hiring Process was pretty easy. My manager asked me " if you were an animal which animal would you be" also he asked me " sell me this pencil"
My job was not sales related neither was his. Confusing. Nothing related .
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Take it or leave it. I asked if there was room to negotiate the salary but was told that there are others waiting and would be happy with this salary and there is no negotiating. I needed the job so i took it.

EIT Interview

EIT
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in March 2012.

Interview Details – met company at job fair. received an interview the next day. It was 2:1 style interview with typical questions.

Interview Question – whats your greatest strength and weakness   Answer Question

MIS Co-Op Interview

MIS Co-Op
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens in June 2011.

Interview Details – The first on phone interview was simply an explanation of the job and asking of some pretty standard questions. They asked me something along the lines of "Explain a situation where you were had to solve a difficult problem and how you went about solving it". Everything was pretty standard and went smoothly. I found that they were impressed by how many programming languages I had learned on my spare time that were not standard for school.

The in person interview was even more relaxed than the on phone one, there I spoke to a team of 3 who went over my resume from top to bottom and asked simple question about each item. What did you do in scool? What is your fav. programming language, what not. It was really a more of "get to know you" type of thing. They asked me if I had ever used Oracle database systems, to which I had regrettably had responded, "No", something I should perhaps researched a little before coming in, since some of the technologies for the job were listed on the description of the Siemens website. After my security clearance was finished, I was informed, online, that I didn't get the job. Not sure exactly what is was that didn't get me the job but, butter luck next time.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult problem you had to solve, and how did you solve it?   View Answer
  • What is your favorite programming language? How do you use it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Siemens in May 2011.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview and was offered a face to face that never got scheduled..

Interview Question – Previous experience   Answer Question

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!