Siemens PLM Software

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Advanced Interview

Technical Interview was OK. All developers are excellent to work with.

I was offered a job and given a choice of place.
    Overall interview process was good. Mostly they need a people with C++ skill.

Applications Engineer - Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

The hiring manager was great to work with. He kept me informed about the process and was available for any questions that arose.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know what my worse professional failure was and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was lengthly. At one point we seemed at an impasse but eventually found a middle ground we could both be comfortable with. Had to be willing to be strong and walk away on one occasion. Eventually was able to work it out.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in August 2013.

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview within 24 hour of applying. The phone interview was a quick personal discussion of my University education and the projects that I had mentioned on my resume, he asked about how long the code was trying to get a handle on if I had worked with large code bases. Then the interviewer began asking C++ questions, const keyword in a function, what is a pure virtual function, what is the difference between a balanced tree and a binary tree, what is the advantage of the balanced tree over the binary tree? There were a couple other questions I cannot remember. He was very nice and when I was struggling to come up with the exact keyword he would often give hints.

I then went in for an in person interview and met with the whole Fibersim team and they each asked different questions, mostly about C++, but there were a few questions about SQL and XML. The team was very friendly and there was even a whovian with a sonic screwdriver pen. The interview lasted 3.5 hours but felt like a lot less since it was only 30 min with each team member. The interview was a great experience and I quite enjoyed my time there.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to find errors in a short two page code with derived classes and base classes by one of the team members, although he stated before he gave it to me that he had purposefully made the errors very hard to find and the test was more to observe methodology and comprehension.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in June 2013.

Reached out to the recruiter about the role.
    Recruiter replied back seeking my clarification viz. experience on couple of domain items.

Next was a phone screen with Hiring Manager (Director of the division I was applying for) - very cordial interview. The Hiring Manager first gave me an opportunity to discuss my background, past work experience and level of interest in the job. Then the Hiring Manager provided me overview of the role, responsibilities, expectations and timelines.

Then I was invited to an onsite group interview with a 5 member Panel comprising Biz. Dev, Engineering, Release Management and QA teams:
    The Group Interview was cordial - provided me opportunity to explain how could contribute to Product success in marketplace.

At the end of the interview I was hopeful about getting an offer. But I did NOT hear back from the recruiter for couple of weeks. When contacted, the recruiter informed me that Hiring Manager is interviewing other candidates and there was good chance that job would be moved to their Texas offices.

After another couple of weeks, I got a note from recruiter informing that the role was moved to Texas from So. California.

Interview Questions
    • Most oft repeated question: Since I was new to the domain, what would be my strategy to gain domain expertise   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in April 2013.

Began with a phone screen. Talked about software life cycle, design, and some algorithms.

The in person interview took about four hours and consisted of:
    1.) Meeting with a manager
    2.) Meeting with a senior engineer
    3.) Taking a programming skills test
    4.) Discussing the test results with a panel of engineers
    5.) Meeting another manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Couple of phone interviews, technical, one on site interview, technical and behavioural

Nothing much. Good pay

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in January 2013.

There's only one round interview - on site interview.
    They ask me about my Object-Oriented Programming experience, basic c++ questions and computer graphic questions.
    After technical interview, there's a short personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1.Why do you use virtual function in C++?
      2.Overload an operator in a Class.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shoreview, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in March 2012.

Online Job application, get 2 technical interview rounds and 1 HR round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in May 2011.

I only had 1 phone interview and I will update this later

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer wanted to know details of employment education history. even 6 month period.   View Answer

Global Sales Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in May 2011.

Consisted of a Phone interview which was led by a member of the group. She talked most of the time giving background on the company and what they specifically do. Questions mainly involved how your background and skill set could be beneficial to the company. Offered a month later, and took the job. Great office with great people.

Interview Questions

Worked for Siemens PLM Software? Contribute to the Community!