Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2015

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

The style of the interview process is a little unusual for me. They kept asking and talking about the previous related course projects, intern projects, etc. And I prepared such materials and presented serial projects that I have participated in. There is no questions about algorithm or code.

Interview Questions

• Could you please tell us what have you done in this project?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

Many people have different experiences in this company. I was directly called for onsite interview. I was interviewed by a single manager for 1.5 hr. Asked me about my background, experiences, some technical questions, etc. I am awaiting feedback.

Interview Questions

• I felt the difficult part was when I was asked to give different solutions to a problem in lower complexity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still awaiting decision

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Siemens PLM Software in January 2015.

Interview

Called for onsite interview. I was Interviewed by 4 managers of a team for 1 hour. They asked about HTML, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, Java, Web Technology, Academic projects, other latest technologies. Even discussed about my previous experiences, projects etc. Gave a brief introduction of their project and work at the end.

Interview Questions

• Busted with different questions from different areas from the managers. Asked about ways of finding new technologies or solutions to challenging problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the same day of interview. No negotiation.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens PLM Software in January 2015.

Interview

There were a total of two interviews. The first interview was a phone interview. Here, the interviewer asked questions relating to my background regarding school, projects I worked on, my experience in coding. Overall, this interview was mainly for them to get to know me and for me to get to know them. The second was an in-person interview. Here there were three interviewers present who gave me two different scenarios where I was to construct a Test Plan to test these two different systems for functionality. More questions were asked about my background that included my education, experience, and goals. The Test Plan would be done to check and see the information/result is accurate. In my opinion, this was done so they could see how the candidate would test a certain system/application, the thought process, and the approach the candidate will take in working with the specified system.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? How many lines of code was the most in which you have worked with? How many Tests do you have to conduct in order to classify a system as reliable/stable?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They interviewed me in person while conferencing in another team member and asked me questions about my skills, how I fit within the globally networked job description, and if I was capable of learning new things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

Applied Online - Got a call after a month for a basic phone screen. Had two technical phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The phone interviews were 3 on 1 and lasted around an hour. The in-person interview was two on one with a Team lead and Manager which again lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions on data structures and algorithms and some questions on basic concepts in Java and C++.   Answer Question

Interview

Technical Interview was OK. All developers are excellent to work with. I was offered a job and given a choice of place. Overall interview process was good. Mostly they need a people with C++ skill.

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was led to a room with three employees. They explained about what the company is all about and what they do. Basically, they wanted to know who you are and what you know? After that, I was led to a one and one interview with the manager.

Applications Engineer - Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager was great to work with. He kept me informed about the process and was available for any questions that arose.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what my worse professional failure was and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was lengthly. At one point we seemed at an impasse but eventually found a middle ground we could both be comfortable with. Had to be willing to be strong and walk away on one occasion. Eventually was able to work it out.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Waltham, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview within 24 hour of applying. The phone interview was a quick personal discussion of my University education and the projects that I had mentioned on my resume, he asked about how long the code was trying to get a handle on if I had worked with large code bases. Then the interviewer began asking C++ questions, const keyword in a function, what is a pure virtual function, what is the difference between a balanced tree and a binary tree, what is the advantage of the balanced tree over the binary tree? There were a couple other questions I cannot remember. He was very nice and when I was struggling to come up with the exact keyword he would often give hints. I then went in for an in person interview and met with the whole Fibersim team and they each asked different questions, mostly about C++, but there were a few questions about SQL and XML. The team was very friendly and there was even a whovian with a sonic screwdriver pen. The interview lasted 3.5 hours but felt like a lot less since it was only 30 min with each team member. The interview was a great experience and I quite enjoyed my time there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to find errors in a short two page code with derived classes and base classes by one of the team members, although he stated before he gave it to me that he had purposefully made the errors very hard to find and the test was more to observe methodology and comprehension.   Answer Question