Siemens PLM Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Product Consultant III Interview

Software Product Consultant III
Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in May 2010.

Interview Details – 1. call from HR
2. 1:1 with hiring manager
3. discussion with solution architect (with one or many) to understand the candidate's technical skills and problem solving skills
4. HR formalities

Negotiation Details – Not great.. this is the best the company can offer. Its your wish, which was abrupt and not so good.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview within 24 hour of applying. The phone interview was a quick personal discussion of my University education and the projects that I had mentioned on my resume, he asked about how long the code was trying to get a handle on if I had worked with large code bases. Then the interviewer began asking C++ questions, const keyword in a function, what is a pure virtual function, what is the difference between a balanced tree and a binary tree, what is the advantage of the balanced tree over the binary tree? There were a couple other questions I cannot remember. He was very nice and when I was struggling to come up with the exact keyword he would often give hints.

I then went in for an in person interview and met with the whole Fibersim team and they each asked different questions, mostly about C++, but there were a few questions about SQL and XML. The team was very friendly and there was even a whovian with a sonic screwdriver pen. The interview lasted 3.5 hours but felt like a lot less since it was only 30 min with each team member. The interview was a great experience and I quite enjoyed my time there.

Interview Question – I was asked to find errors in a short two page code with derived classes and base classes by one of the team members, although he stated before he gave it to me that he had purposefully made the errors very hard to find and the test was more to observe methodology and comprehension.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer - Senior Interview

Applications Engineer - Senior
Cypress, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was great to work with. He kept me informed about the process and was available for any questions that arose.

Interview Question – Wanted to know what my worse professional failure was and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was lengthly. At one point we seemed at an impasse but eventually found a middle ground we could both be comfortable with. Had to be willing to be strong and walk away on one occasion. Eventually was able to work it out.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in June 2013.

Interview Details – Reached out to the recruiter about the role.
Recruiter replied back seeking my clarification viz. experience on couple of domain items.

Next was a phone screen with Hiring Manager (Director of the division I was applying for) - very cordial interview. The Hiring Manager first gave me an opportunity to discuss my background, past work experience and level of interest in the job. Then the Hiring Manager provided me overview of the role, responsibilities, expectations and timelines.

Then I was invited to an onsite group interview with a 5 member Panel comprising Biz. Dev, Engineering, Release Management and QA teams:
The Group Interview was cordial - provided me opportunity to explain how could contribute to Product success in marketplace.

At the end of the interview I was hopeful about getting an offer. But I did NOT hear back from the recruiter for couple of weeks. When contacted, the recruiter informed me that Hiring Manager is interviewing other candidates and there was good chance that job would be moved to their Texas offices.

After another couple of weeks, I got a note from recruiter informing that the role was moved to Texas from So. California.

Interview Question – Most oft repeated question: Since I was new to the domain, what would be my strategy to gain domain expertise   View Answer

Milford, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in April 2013.

Interview Details – Began with a phone screen. Talked about software life cycle, design, and some algorithms.

The in person interview took about four hours and consisted of:
1.) Meeting with a manager

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Cypress, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in January 2013.

Interview Details – There's only one round interview - on site interview.
They ask me about my Object-Oriented Programming experience, basic c++ questions and computer graphic questions.
After technical interview, there's a short personal interview.

Interview Question – 1.Why do you use virtual function in C++?
2.Overload an operator in a Class.
  Answer Question

Milford, OH

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview Details – Couple of phone interviews, technical, one on site interview, technical and behavioural

Interview Question – Nothing. Its just core java concepts   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing much. Good pay

Shoreview, MN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in March 2012.

Interview Details – Online Job application, get 2 technical interview rounds and 1 HR round.

Interview Question – technical questions related to C, design Patterns   Answer Question

Global Sales Internship Interview

Global Sales Internship
Plano, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in May 2011.

Interview Details – Consisted of a Phone interview which was led by a member of the group. She talked most of the time giving background on the company and what they specifically do. Questions mainly involved how your background and skill set could be beneficial to the company. Offered a month later, and took the job. Great office with great people.

Interview Question – What sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Technical Consultant
Milford, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in April 2011.

Interview Details – Started of with a phone interview and some technical questions. Then I was invited to the office for a team interview. The people were very friendly and the overall experience was quite positive. The questions were more thought provoking than entirely technical and that helped out my approach. Received an offer and accepted since the overall package was appealing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – n/a

Worked for Siemens PLM Software? Contribute to the Community!