Siemens

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Siemens

Interview Details – fairly simple .. phone interview.. followed by two one on one interviews. one with the hiring manager or team lead - technical round. One written aptitude round. then with the BU head - technical and domain knowledge .

Interview Question – nothing that is unusual or that can be termed very challenging   Answer Question

North Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in November 2011.

Interview Details – Straight forward

Negotiation Details – Verbal offer and then written. They don't like to hear a complaint on the verbal.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Siemens in February 2010.

Interview Details – Easy going but they will make sure that u have the technical knowledge. work environment is good and people are also good.

Interview Question – technical rounds 30 mins to 1 hr.   Answer Question

Project Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Applied online and within a couple of weeks was contacted by email to schedule the initial 1:1 interview.

I had 3 separate face to face interviews of 1-1.5 hours each over the span of 4 months! The interviewers were professional and polite and concentrated on my CV, experience, skills and some behavior based questions.

There were a number of instances where they were asking a bit too many personal questions, such as why I left previous employers. It is natural to ask why you left your previous employer but it becomes quite annoying to start prying about why you left all of them and then getting into interrogation mode. Obviously people are unhappy and that is why they leave one job and move to the next or companies will have no applicants!

I was also not very pleased to be asked to travel several hundred miles (each time) for 3 separate 1-1.5 hour interviews, at least 2 of which could have been done by phone or skype, wasting time and money.

Also I started wondering why I even bothered attending, when one of the interviewers told me at the very first interview that one of the benefits of working for Siemens is that INTERNAL CANDIDATES get preferential treatment over external applicants! At a different interview I was also told that they are indeed interviewing internal candidates which was frustrating and disappointing since you know that in large organisations they will more likely than not find their candidate internally. Seems they invite external applicants just to tick employment law boxes.

Siemens HR are absolutely terrible! I had to wait 1-2 months between interviews to hear whether I had been successful to progress to the next interview. They rarely reply to emails and when contacting you, always use the wrong position title and reference number.

I am very disappointed by the way Siemens treats its potential employees. HR are extremely unprofessional to the point of being disrespectful - I waited for months to hear from them and did not receive replies to my emails while they were interviewing their internal candidates. I was openly told that internal candidates are always given preference. Dreadful and time wasting experience.

Reason for Declining – Obviously I had applied for positions with other companies, which were much more straightforward so when the job offer from Siemens finally came through it was too late.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by operation manager and he ask me about my family and accommodation details some basis related to electronics engineering.

Interview Question – He ask me all subject i have studied in engineer course.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offer me the 10000 thousand for first three months and all expenses and i accepted because it a good chance for a fresher like me.

Project Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Written test followed by group discussion and Technical HR

Interview Question – What is data warehousing?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2012.

Interview Details – i gave two interview to enter the siemens ltd and here the guys are to much supporttive.

Interview Question – regrading antenna and communication system   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary and job location and all that thing regrading new job.

Lisbon (Portugal)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Siemens in August 2011.

Interview Details – Opportunity found through a recruitment agency, where the first candidate screening interview too place. The next stage was an interview witness by an HR agency agent with the HR department representative at the Headquarters. The third interview was held by a Country Manager. The fourth and last interview was with a Engineering Manager. The last interview was to reconsider an offer that was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• What will your experience bring to the company at that particular stage.   View Answer
  • What is the opportunity that the company has looking at the regional market current reality.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siemens Project Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Siemens employees and interview candidates.