Siemens Project Manager Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens in July 2011.

Great professional.. need to show..what exactly they need to see in you to perform the job.. not all what you have been doing in the past

Interview Questions
  • How will you work as a PM in completely different domain where you do not have domain knowledge   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Siemens in January 2013.

3 interviews:
    first with the HR
    second with the Hiring Manager
    third with the Business unit manager

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in March 2008.

Secretary arrange meeting with general manger, meeting wenton time,evary thing were ok

Interview Questions
    Fixed salary, no need for negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berlin (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Siemens in May 2011.

I had an interview with the team leader and head of R&D department. The interview was an hour long.
    First I had to introduce myself and my previous experience. Then I had to answer some questions related to the position offered, i.e. which skils make you the right person for this position, how did you work in your previous projects.

Interview Questions
    • Please detail an experience that represented failure and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was possible.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erlangen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlangen (Germany)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Recently I’ve interviewed for a Project Manager position at Siemens (Audiologische Technik), HQ Erlangen and was asked to use public transportation instead of a car to get to the interview location. Even though it took me many more hours to get to the destination I‘ve followed given direction. Finally I have spent additional hours on the road due to tardiness of the trains and arrived 45 min late with the consequence that the interview was cut to 15 min with the hiring manager and 45 min with the team lead. Eventually I was travelling the complete day (changing trains and buses) for just a one hour interview and ended up with an out-of-pocket reimbursement of only 80% of my occurred travel expenses – despite of received confirmation beforehand that all my interview travel expenses will become reimbursed (when travelling on public transportation).

I wonder how the company’s culture looks like as they obviously don’t care about candidate’s experiences with such a 20% deduction on the expense claim. People talk and such actions sharpen their employer brand in one or the other direction.

When interviewing you meet several candidates (who have friends, families, social network memberships etc). And people talk - when hired or not, especially when company’s don’t walk their talk. Consequently, leaving a good first impression is important. Not reimbursing 100% of occurred out-of-pocket-expenses (especially when confirmed beforehand) is causing tremendous damage to the company's employer brand. Does it really make sense saving a few $$$ by reducing the interview reimbursements to 80% payout?

Project Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in February 2010.

first round by HR consultant, and second round by hiring manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Siemens in April 2009.

Applied online through posting. Contacted 1 month later. Set-up phone 1/2 hour phone interview, to screen and insure background matc Off-site HR in Florida does the scheduling and confirms in writing. Was sent online benefits overview and application to complete in advance of interview. In person interview w/ 2 key managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in January 2011.

It was a standard interview. One on one with an interviewer. The interviewer was a regional director of PM's. The company seemed very big but the medical division that the interviewer managed was limited to three geographic locations.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Siemens in September 2011.

There was a telephonic interview followed by a 1-1 interview.
    Interview was more of fit to work basis, rather than technical or managerial.
    Siemens was only looking how I would fit into the organization and what would I bring to the table.
    Once they were satisfied with it, they offered me the job.

Also during the interview, I clarified all my doubts regarding the role I was offered and they were satisfactorily answered.

Interview Questions
    Please do check the salary offered to same designation in similar companies before accepting

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!