Siemens Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Issaquah, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Formal but not in a negative way. Still had a few moments of laughing and being relaxed. The interviewers were very professional. I actually had a good time with this interview, unlike a couple others that I had prior to this one where it was quite obvious from the beginning that I wasn't what they wanted at that company. In this interview it was very apparent that I was being seriously considered based on my resume and that the interview was (in my opinion anyway) what an interview is supposed to be, the verification that the person behind the resume is genuine and a good fit.

Interview Questions

• About 50% of the interview was technical in nature. The rest was the "personality test" with the questions. For example "where do I want to be in 5 years?", "if money was no object what would I do with my life?" things like that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Beltsville, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview the week later. Phone interview consisted of questions on engineering experience, ability to use a multimeter, hobbies regarding work around the house/car. In person interview took about 3 hours. Interviewed with about 8 of their employees with each session having 1-3 employees asking questions. Questions consisted of correct multimeter usage, a lot of HVAC and electrical questions, and other basic interview questions (hobbies, strengths/weaknesses, future plans). Let me know week after that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Add components to a water flow system to regulate heat generated in a room.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Beltsville, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

I originally was called by the manager and we set up a phone interview for an internship. I did not receive an offer at that time, but I called back when I was nearing graduation and they had me come in for an interview. I was interviewed by three or four of the engineers working there. I was asked the general questions but the questions that stood out were, "How to find the current flowing through this circuit diagram" and "How would you heat this room? Show me."

Interview Questions

• Please show me how to find the voltage and current flow through this circuit   1 Answer
    • How would you heat this room?   Answer Question

Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Office was cluttered, people disorganized. I had to wait 45 Minutes after my interview appointment to start. I interviewed with three people, the last one the manager of the team I was interviewing for. The first two were all technical knowledge questions, the manager asked "Character" type questions. They took me to lunch, and I met a few more members of the team. I got a verbal offer that day. It took 15 days to get the written offer. I started 30 days after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the pinout for a serial to RJ11 cable   1 Answer

Negotiation

Depending on the branch they are hard up for people, due to turnover. Stick to your guns for the money up front, because the raise process is so convoluted, you get the Lowest Common Denominator annually