Siemens

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cypress, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in May 2014.

Interview Details – First started with phone interviews. Asked questions regarding my current job and what I would expect from the new position. 3 different person asked me questions. I also described my current projects. What was the technical questions, and how did I solve them.

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took about 10 dates - interviewed at Siemens in Mar 2014.

Interview Question – Details about the projects I used to work. Some technical questions. Still waiting for call...   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Siemens.

Interview Details – Phone interview first, then group interview.

Interview Question – IQ question.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online at my university job website.
Received email for initial telephone interview with hiring manager. Manger told me about the position and I told him a little about my back ground. He than ask a series of technical questions about C++ and Java. Questions where not difficult but I didn't make it to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between map and hashmap in java?   Answer Question
  • Explain the difference between a hard and a soft link in Unix?   View Answer

Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Siemens in January 2012.

Interview Details – Hired in campus, had a general apti and technical apti rounds.
Then had two technical F2F rounds with Project manager and then a HR round to check our cultural fitness

Interview Question – What is the difficult situation you faced as technical challenge? Solve it or how u solved it?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Siemens in August 2013.

Interview Details – There were two rounds of online tests. One, based on C/C++ & computer concepts. The other based on Data Interpretation and Quant. Time was the key in second round.

The shortlisted students were called for interviews next day. The first round was simple C++ algorithms and some small snippets. e.g.: WAP to print all prime no.s till a given number. It was asked to make it more and more efficient.

Second round mainly focused on conceptual questions, based on OS. Very basic questions: Fragmentation, Paging, Deadlock etc.

Last round was HR. Typical HR questions. Future plans, What will you do if you get a better company, who is your mentor. Give me one reason not to select you.

At the end, around 7:00 p.m. Seven of us got selected.

Interview Question – Give me a reason not to select you.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Siemens

Interview Details – HR screening, then interviews with senior engineers and senior management. 1 Day

Interview Question – Complexity of a special data structure   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Milan (Italy)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Siemens in December 2011.

Interview Details – I had one face to face interview with my future manager. The interview lasted 45 minutes, during the first half I was briefed about the company structure, while in the second half I talked about my past working experiences. Due to two employee referrals the manager was very easy going and the atmosphere was much relaxed.

Interview Question – No difficulties whatsoever.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I just told the manager my current salary and he topped it with a minimum raise.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Siemens in August 2013.

Interview Details – got call through employee referal, in written just concentrate on c++ ...if ur c++ is good then u can easily pass this one....there was 25 tech nd 25 apti ques ...1-2 unix , 1-2 ds (very easy)
in tech interview they asked all writtn in my resume
gaved 2 progrms..one was write the actual implementation of random no generation function

Interview Question – it was ok if u are prepared...
the most bad thing was they selected me ...but then never gaved the offerletter....i emailed hr so many times but never cared to reply....really heartbreaking it was
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Siemens

Interview Details – usually 2 round of interview

Interview Question – both hard skill and soft skill were assessed   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siemens Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Siemens employees and interview candidates.