Siemens USA Interview Questions

2.8

R&D Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens USA in May 2014.

I was originally hired as an intern at Siemens during my final semester of undergrad. At the end of the semester I interviewed for a full-time position there and was hired within a few weeks. The interview was scheduled for 3 hours, and it took every minute of that time. It is a very strenuous interview and is nearly all technical. Everyone was incredibly friendly, but it was definitely not an easy interview. They typically only hire the top students from the graduating class out of college.

Interview Questions
    • The team was interviewing for works completely in C#; so I was asked pretty much all technically questions related to OO programming and managed programming languages. It was a very broad range of questions so be prepared for anything. One topic that they really drilled down on was memory management in C#. Just because its a managed language doesn't mean you don't have to think about managing memory appropriately, especially when dealing with a massive project. Make sure you know why not to throw an exception in a dispose method.   View Answer
    The salary was non negotiable (but there was no need to negotiate, it was a generous offer).

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens USA.

The interview process was pretty lengthy. After submitting my application online, I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. The interview was hosted by the Customer Service Sup. and her back up. They explained the job duties and asked multiple questions about my background. Once interview was complete, I received a call by the recruiter offering me the position and offering me my salary rate. I then accepted and began employment.

No, I like and accepted their offer

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens USA.

Phone interview took around 30 min. Invited for an onsite interview. The group interview took much longer than planned and they asked me very detailed questions, which I didn't remember anymore. I did very well on the fundamental concepts. No job offer.

Tax Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens USA in April 2013.

Interview process went well. Email first to schedule interview. HR interview, then half day interview with three people, two Senior Level and the Manager. Follow up with email that someone else was selected.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions regarding what one does plus what's expected.   View Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Siemens USA in March 2012.

Interviewing process varies by department. Finance interviews tend to be more in-depth, while Operations interviews (in our business unit) have not. No matter the position you apply for, an applicant should have the mind set and ability to view things at the bigger-picture level.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions always asked are the standard "what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?". If you're serious about working for a global company such as Siemens, be prepared to think of major goals/milestones you've completed and use them as strengths.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Siemens USA in September 2011.

Initially there was a phone interview asking what you know about the company and other basic question to screen possible employees. This was followed by a two stage, one on one interview covering your resume, past work experiences, background/situation questions, and a case. Know everything on your resume/CV, as they go into depth when asking questions about prior work or volunteer experiences.

Interview Questions
    • What are the three most important qualities in a leader?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Engineering Leadership Development Program (ELDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Siemens USA in September 2011.

Applied through university career website, got contacted by phone for on-campus interview. Had very basic behavioral interview on campus a few days later. Heard back from HR within a week saying they wanted to schedule an on-site interview. They flew me out to Atlanta to interview at the Siemens Industry headquarters. There was a round-robin interview, going to three different managers. While half the interview group was doing the round-robin interviews another group was doing a case study and presented it to current/former program members. After the case study was complete the program members were open for questions. Heard back for an offer within 2 days. They then gave me two weeks to accept.

No negotiation, flat rate for all LDP programs regardless of major.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Siemens USA in February 2010.

Dress to impress. Learn about the company. Note their current projects. Note about political news that relates to the company. Learn about their competitors. Talk about their most recent success and contracts.

IT Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied through other source – interviewed at Siemens USA in June 2009.

Interview process was very local but had to be approved by the German Management. After that, the hiring offer was very expeditious. On boarding process was extremely difficult as tools(PC, Mobile Phone, software access, etc...) took over 2 months to be delivered.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever experienced a company with a definate culture and how did you adapt to it?   Answer Question
    They were unwilling to negotiate

ELDP Engineering Interview

On campus interview, then on site interview with 3 rounds with 3 separate managers (two were personal/situational, one technical)

Interview Questions
    • Drew a picture of a loop-de-loop on a rollercoaster. What prevents the person from falling out of the cart when they are upside down in the loop?   Answer Question