Siemens Water Technologies

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.6

Director - Procurement Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies.

All interviews handled by phone until offer phase. Included hiring manager twice and all peers in the department. Offer was extended during only face to face with manager. Never spoke to HR or 1-over manager. References were requested but never contacted. 6 phone interviews in total. Final face-to-face was more of a conversation and I left with the paperwork in hand.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our sourcing strategies and how would you improve them?   View Answer
    I negotiated a slight increase to the offer, only to find out that I had been extended an offer well below the company's defined market range for the position, an explicit violation of policy. The manager simply enjoyed this type of negotiation. I nearly resigned when I saw my employee page the first week and saw how much he undercut me just for kicks.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Union, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies.

Initial contact was through the company website. After a couple of weeks I had a phone interview. Didn't hear back from them until a few months later when I was called in for an interview. Within a few days after that I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions or anything that caught me off guard. Questions about work experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies.

I applied online and heard back within a week from a HR representative. I set up a brief interview with HR; my background, what I was studying, GPA, could I do the commute, what was I interested in. The same day I heard back and was informed the hiring manager wanted to interview me. It was a brief interview why engineering, why Siemens, why did I choose my school, what classes did I enjoy. I heard back the next day with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • None, everything was really straight forward and fair.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary up, they were very open to negotiation and I also arranged flexible hours very easily. It was a very low stress process.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies.

The first round was a HR interview. Most of the questions were about my previous work experience. The kind of projects that I have handled.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are more suitable for this role ?   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies in February 2012.

Initial contact was for a face to face interview with the Director. The 1-1/2 hour interview went well, but there were definite language barriers. A second call from the interviewer saying that I should expect a call from the plant manager in a day or two. Two days later, a 1 hour phone interview with the plant manager resulted in a call the next day for a third interview. The same day, a 43 question survey was emailed to me by the director to be completed before the next face to face.

The third interview was with various stakeholders, and a face to face with the plant manager asking the same questions as from the phone interview.

Two weeks after the third interview, I followed up via email since I hadn't heard anything. The response was that they were working the short list and that I was still in the running. I was told that I would hear "soon" about the decision. Three weeks later, I checked the company website for my application status. It now showed "NOT SELECTED".

Seven weeks after the last interview, and I still have not received any kind of formal notification.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with late requirements inside reasonable lead times?   Answer Question

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies in December 2010.

Applied online and got response by e: mail.

Accounting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Siemens Water Technologies.

Interview was one on one. Most start as temp to hire. However you will be interviewed by immediate supervisor. General questions, very nice. What took the longest is the background check, they do an extensive background check and even as temp cannot start work until done. Also standard drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty general questions. My interviewer made me feel very at ease from the beginning. Where do you expect to be in 5 yrs from now? How would handle a difficult situation/customer?   Answer Question
    No, negotiations told what temp pays. You do though get to negotiate one you become perm after the 90 days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies in October 2011.

Interview process was simple. I was having 1 year 9 months exp in .Net at the time of interview.
    Technical panel was good, asked basic OOPS concepts.
    Made me write some basic programs for recursion and all basic programs.

I was in need of job .. so didn't negotiate much, but was decently paid.

Field Service Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huizingen (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huizingen (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Siemens Water Technologies in June 2011.

Normal