Sierra Nevada Corporation

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in June 2012.

I saw that SNC had posted this position on LinkedIn and that after reading the job description knew this was a perfect fit for my skill set and experience. I responded immediately, and the Talent Acquisition team emailed me back within a few hours requesting my resume and setting up a time to review my qualifications. The first interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist covered my experience and general knowledge of the skills required for this position. The next step was a video interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager which covered less about my skill set, but rather focused on my potential fit with the company. The third interview was a direct call with the hiring manager to discuss the day to day job requirements, previous experiences and again to determine my fit with the organization. After each interview I did receive a follow call and email from the Talent Acquisition Specialists, reviewing the positive feedback she had received from the interviewers and addressing any questions I may have had.

Within a week I was invited out to the Corporate Headquarters to interview with the same team as well as the Corporate Vice President for Human Resources and Administration. During these second round interviews, I believe the questions were less about my experience and skill set, and focused on fit, attitude and willingness to work in a lean and fast-paced environment. Throughout the entire process, it was evident that each of interviewers truly loved their position and the culture that permeated throughout the organization. As others have stated in their reviews the company runs hard, is lean and asks a lot of its employees. However you are treated with the upmost respect, are compensated very well and most importantly you are absorbed into this unique family culture that engages everyone, communicates well, and respects and values diverse opinions.

So now a week has gone by and I hear from the Talent Acquisition Specialist that another candidate is being interviewed and that although they like me for this position, they need to complete this candidate’s interview process. A few days later I hear back that they would like to offer me the position and shortly thereafter I receive my offer letter and accept this new opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • There were no really challenging questions. As I had tremendous experience in my field and this industry, I felt that the company and I elected to focus on fit and expectations rather than typical interview questions.   Answer Question