Sierra Nevada Corporation

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.6

Human Resources Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

The recruiting team at SNC is phenomenal! I worked with Mike who helped me through each step of the process with such enthusiasm for the company I would have been devastated not to get an offer! Mike was open and honest about the position and responded to all of my concerns with the highest professionalism. I was most impressed with how available Mike was during the process and how he made me feel like a part of the team right from the start. The team had me in my desk 2 weeks after my first phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions I found difficult or unexpected, the interview team asked questions I felt were appropriate for the position and helped explain some of my daily tasks during the interview to assure I was ready for this position.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

I contacted the recruiter who set up an phone interview for me. Then there was the on site one on one with 6 people which includes PM, Chief Engineer, Test Engineering manager, HR, IPT lead and Director. Two of them weren't there so I had another phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Mainly it was me talking about my past experience. HR had some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

They were always late doing interviews with potential employees due to the volume of work but that is still no excuse. Once the process was started it always went smooth and the questioning on the particular job at hand was always crisp and clear.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Initial phone screening with the talent specialist, followed by a group phone interview with hiring manager, members of team and team lead, in person group interview on site, hr asked questions for 1/2hr, group of 4 team members spent an hour discussing position and asking questions, questions ranged from leadership experience, leadership definition, job defining, experience

Mechanical Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in April 2014.

Met the recruiter at a career and connected with him via LinkedIn as requested. After connection on LinkedIn we discussed what my skills and job desires were, then he directed me to apply to a certain posistion. After applying, I recieved an interview within a couple weeks. The interview involved my potential supervisor and teammates. It lasted about an hour and also involved a tour. After the interview an offer was extended to me about a week later over the phone with discussion and confirmation of a salary. The official offer was sent a few days after my verbal acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your biggest failure so far in your career?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation due to my lack of experience.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

ok

take it or leave it

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2014.

Initial screening call with a talent specialist before they brought me in for an on-site interview. I had help from an acquaintance so I believe I skipped the phone interview phase. On-site involved a one-on-one with my potential manager then an interview with three senior engineers/managers. I also had a brief interview with two directors in another program for a second position. The trip lasted a little over three hours, including meeting with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about background and experiences, including to get an understanding of motivation and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibility.   Answer Question
    SNC requires a response to their offer within 48 hours and would not extend this deadline.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2014.

I talked to a recruiter at a job fair, and about a month later I got a call asking to set up an interview time. I was brought in on a Monday from 8:00am-1:00pm and met with a Senior Software Engineer, other Software Engineers, and upper level management (I didn't expect to meet with people that high up on the chain of command, but they seemed genuiniely interested in what I was interested in, had studied, etc.).

I generally just talked with each person I met with about my employement history, what I learned from those positions, projects I had worked on at school, what I am interested in, etc. There were no questions like "how do you detect a cycle in a linked list" etc. I assume because my resume and GPA spoke for itself.

After the interview, I was offered a position about two weeks later and started a couple weeks after that.

Interview Questions
    • An interviewer asked about the Fast Fourier Transform, but not as an interview question, he was just excited that I knew what it was and could talk about it. He asked how I would address a particular problem with the FFT, which was easy to answer.   Answer Question
    As a fresh-out-of-college employee there was not much negotiation to be done.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2014.

Within 2 weeks, I heard back from HR. I finished the application process through the "career" section on their website. Shortly after that, they contacted me and set up a date/time phone interview. There was only 1 interviewer present. About a week later, they told me that I got the position.

ASO/FSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in January 2014.

Was Quick And simple, interviewer made me feel comfortable, and unrushed. I was interviewed by Two different people, i don't really know if it was a mistake, or on purpose, so be prepared to answer the same questions again. If anything requires verification, be prepared to email it to the interviewer, so make sure if say your experienced with something, your ready to prove it quickly.

There was 0 negotiations about pay, or expectations