Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions

2.5

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in April 2008.

The company will post jobs early and keep them open until the position is filled, sometimes keeping the posting open after, just to get a pool of candidates for the next job. You are allowed to repost your resume and update on their site, I highly reccomend updating it and re applying for different jobs. The company will change and modify a position to fit the right candidate.

was able to negotiate 2% more than their offer

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Was called to set up the interview, and was in two days later for the interview. Was asked some basic engineering experience questions regarding projects that I had been involved in as well as about past work experience. Was asked to perform some basic algebra on the spot, so be ready for this if you are interviewing for an internship. Was give a tour and met and interviewed with several different people throughout the course of the day.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic stuff here, nothing unexpected. Just be ready to answer the standard questions and show them why you would be the best candidate to work as an intern and later as a full-time professional.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2010.

I interviewed on the phone and it was very low key. The manager spent most of the time talking and I did not have much which I could say. I was hired on the phone but came out for a one on one interview. It was not much different than the phone, Hired and came on board. No training was given to me and I just had to learn what I needed to do my job.

The recruiter asked me on the phone what it would take to get me here. I called him back the next day and told him and he came back and negotiated down. i accepted.

Manager I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

The entire process was pretty simple. Talent Acquisition specialist did a phone interview/per-screen. Scheduled an in-person interview with hiring manager and a peer level employee. One week later was scheduled for a follow-up "Green Interview" which was a video teleconference. Then a week later received a verbal offer. Smooth and communicative hiring process. They let me know what/why things were happening up and after on-boarding.

Interview Questions
    • No really hard questions mostly just related to my specific field.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2010.

Had a phone interview and called to a face to face with the VP and a Project Manager right away. Hired on the phone but met to go over requirements.

Interview Questions
    I was asked what it would take to get me and how soon could I be there. I told them what I needed and we negotiated and I accepted.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in September 2012.

I made initial contact by submitting my resume into the black hole of the online resume submission sysem, and never heard back, so I went to a Job Fair that the company held in Denver, after which things proceeded very quickly. I had my initial interview at the Job Fair, then my on-site interview was the next day. The on-site interview consisted of meeting a manager, then three of the people I would prospectively be working with, then talking with HR. They gave me a tour of the facility, and that was it - it was a realtively quick on-site interview, about 3.5 - 4 hours. By the end of the next week I had received an offer (contingent on passing a background check) and the paperwork to complete the background check and drug screening (which are both required for all employees). Less than a month after the Job Fair I started my first day of work. This was apparently a-typical - from what I have heard since, it sounds like it generally takes longer to complete the whole process, but I found it to be quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • HR asked a couple of the generic "tell me about a day when you just had a bad day" type questions that are always hard to come up with on the spot - be prepared for some of that type of generic question. There were also some technical questions, but nothing too specific.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, which was not all that wise. You should negotiate a little.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Initially contacted by recruiter after I submitted the resume online. He set up a phone interview with three engineering manager. On site interview happened about one month later including one on one with five individuals. Then the decision was made about two weeks afterwards

Interview Questions
    • Every question was expected. They are rather technical than behavior   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Poway, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

The job post appeared in February for this specific location. Got the email and phone contact of the HR recruiter from a friend who worked as an intern there and started the conversation early. Was contacted in mid-May for an official interview the next week. It was a 5 person interview, with one person on the phone. Very welcoming people, nothing extremely difficult. My interview was longer than other interns, about 30 minutes compared to the standard 20 they were doing, but there was more on my resume to talk about.

Interview Questions
    • I brought along a prop to the interview; an injection plate for a liquid rocket I had machined out of aluminum with some friends. One of the technical interviewers on the panel was convinced that it could not handle the pressure of the size of rocket we were going for and suggested brass as the material instead, saying the aluminum would fail for sure. I defended myself by giving examples of the design's success when used by other neighboring university rockets, but he said that they must have been extremely lucky.   Answer Question
    Their starting offer is more or less the same in all locations. One can argue based off of location and cost of living (ie California) to get a slightly higher offer.

Human Resources Administration I Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

I applied for a position and was first called from a recruiter for a pre-interview. The pre-interview was painless just general questions about my qualifications. The recruiter informed me that she would be sending my name to the hiring manager and I would get a call about interview. About a week later I received a call and we set up an green interview. This interview is done on webcam and over the phone. Pretty Neat-This would be a first for me. I had the interview and was told they would let me know either way. I also sent in a thank you letter. Well after 3 weeks passed and I hadn't heard anything I left a message with the recruiter and she sent me a rejection email the following day.

Interview Questions
    • One question that I wasn't really prepared to answer was are there any questions I wished she would have asked me.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2012.

Met them at a hiring fair they hosted in downtown denver. One of the Manager's was interested in my skills and invited me for an interview. I had an interview with 2 managers and 3 employees and the the HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • i think the most difficult questions were what did you do wrong in the past?   View Answer

Worked for Sierra Nevada Corporation? Contribute to the Community!