Sierra Nevada Corporation

31 candidate interviews

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist
Sparks, NV

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in April 2008.

Interview Details – The company will post jobs early and keep them open until the position is filled, sometimes keeping the posting open after, just to get a pool of candidates for the next job. You are allowed to repost your resume and update on their site, I highly reccomend updating it and re applying for different jobs. The company will change and modify a position to fit the right candidate.

Interview Question – What do you know about SNC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was able to negotiate 2% more than their offer

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview Details – Was called to set up the interview, and was in two days later for the interview. Was asked some basic engineering experience questions regarding projects that I had been involved in as well as about past work experience. Was asked to perform some basic algebra on the spot, so be ready for this if you are interviewing for an internship. Was give a tour and met and interviewed with several different people throughout the course of the day.

Interview Question – Pretty basic stuff here, nothing unexpected. Just be ready to answer the standard questions and show them why you would be the best candidate to work as an intern and later as a full-time professional.   Answer Question

Human Resources Administration I Interview

Human Resources Administration I

I applied online and interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview Details – I applied for a position and was first called from a recruiter for a pre-interview. The pre-interview was painless just general questions about my qualifications. The recruiter informed me that she would be sending my name to the hiring manager and I would get a call about interview. About a week later I received a call and we set up an green interview. This interview is done on webcam and over the phone. Pretty Neat-This would be a first for me. I had the interview and was told they would let me know either way. I also sent in a thank you letter. Well after 3 weeks passed and I hadn't heard anything I left a message with the recruiter and she sent me a rejection email the following day.

Interview Question – One question that I wasn't really prepared to answer was are there any questions I wished she would have asked me.   View Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Louisville, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2012.

Interview Details – Met them at a hiring fair they hosted in downtown denver. One of the Manager's was interested in my skills and invited me for an interview. I had an interview with 2 managers and 3 employees and the the HR representative.

Interview Question – i think the most difficult questions were what did you do wrong in the past?   View Answer

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer
Louisville, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in September 2012.

Interview Details – I made initial contact by submitting my resume into the black hole of the online resume submission sysem, and never heard back, so I went to a Job Fair that the company held in Denver, after which things proceeded very quickly. I had my initial interview at the Job Fair, then my on-site interview was the next day. The on-site interview consisted of meeting a manager, then three of the people I would prospectively be working with, then talking with HR. They gave me a tour of the facility, and that was it - it was a realtively quick on-site interview, about 3.5 - 4 hours. By the end of the next week I had received an offer (contingent on passing a background check) and the paperwork to complete the background check and drug screening (which are both required for all employees). Less than a month after the Job Fair I started my first day of work. This was apparently a-typical - from what I have heard since, it sounds like it generally takes longer to complete the whole process, but I found it to be quick and easy.

Interview Question – HR asked a couple of the generic "tell me about a day when you just had a bad day" type questions that are always hard to come up with on the spot - be prepared for some of that type of generic question. There were also some technical questions, but nothing too specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, which was not all that wise. You should negotiate a little.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interview Details – Initial phone screening with the talent specialist, followed by a group phone interview with hiring manager, members of team and team lead, in person group interview on site, hr asked questions for 1/2hr, group of 4 team members spent an hour discussing position and asking questions, questions ranged from leadership experience, leadership definition, job defining, experience

Interview Question – What is your definition of a leader?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview Details – Like many employees here, I was referred by a friend. I interviewed onsite and was given an offer right away. Everyone seemed very friendly.

Interview Question – My interview was semi-technical, but really more of a skills assessment. I don't remember any particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very unyielding in my attempt to negotiate vacation - I was only asking for the same vacation I had at the time with another company, but they stuck me with 2 weeks. They gave me my asking salary, but in hindsight it was pretty low.

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Centennial, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – A contact helped me get started with the process/application, and I was contacted within two days from submitting the application and resume. I had an initial interview approximately one week later, and then had a hiring interview approx three weeks after that via webcam and phone (The ISR Division of SNC is based in Centennial, CO). Part of the delay was determining how to conduct the interview, as I was not in the continental US. Normally, a third interview could be conducted on site, but I did not do this due to being OCONUS. I received initial clearance and drug testing paperwork about one week later. It took 1-2 weeks after that to negotiate the verbal offer, and I received the written offer another 1-2 weeks after that. Overall process took 5-6 weeks.

Interview Question – I was asked standard program management questions; nothing difficult or unexpected. I did review 3-4 websites with program management interview questions (some had possible answers.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received what I asked for plus a sign-on bonus. I did ask to forego a benefit in place of additional bonus and recieved a partial concurrence.
SNC already has a great benefits package and fantastic corporate climate. I'm excited to be part of the SNC family.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Centennial, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2010.

Interview Details – SNC screens interviewed me initially over the phone and then brought me on site. Teh onsite interview was somewhat unorganized. They weren't prepared for the interview. I had to wait for them while they gathered everyone they needed for the interview.

Interview Question – Do you like working lots of overtime?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – SNC would not negotiate on additional vacation and only marginally on salary.

Learning Specialist Interview

Learning Specialist
Sparks, NV

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initial contact by the recruiter for a phone screen was detailed and pleasant. Afterwards, the recruiter coordinated a time for me to participant in a telephone interview with the hiring authority. The next phase was an in-person interview. Both the telephone and in-person interviews started and stopped on time. I first met with a team member, then two stake holders I would be interfacing with and then finally the hiring authority. Three weeks after the interview I received a telephone offer, negoiated the package, and then a final in writing offer was mailed FedEx.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were performance based asking for specific examples of projects and the results.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – THe offer was negioiated with the recruiter on the telephone.

Worked for Sierra Nevada Corporation? Contribute to the Community!