Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions

2.5

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2015.

Applied online. 30 minute phone screening with 3 people followed by an hour long on-site interview with 4 people. For both interviews, I was unaware there would be multiple people, but they were friendly. A mixture of technical questions based on my resume and general questions.

Aircraft Inspector Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in May 2012.

Real good time great guy turns out he was a very good friend of my best friend. We discussed the company, my skills boom you are hired. I will pay you $30.hour plus hazard pay if you get your clearance.

Interview Questions
    • Standard aircraft RII inspection experience. At my experience level over 35 years is was very easy.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2014.

Within 2 weeks, I heard back from HR. I finished the application process through the "career" section on their website. Shortly after that, they contacted me and set up a date/time phone interview. There was only 1 interviewer present. About a week later, they told me that I got the position.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

The recruiting team at SNC is phenomenal! I worked with Mike who helped me through each step of the process with such enthusiasm for the company I would have been devastated not to get an offer! Mike was open and honest about the position and responded to all of my concerns with the highest professionalism. I was most impressed with how available Mike was during the process and how he made me feel like a part of the team right from the start. The team had me in my desk 2 weeks after my first phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions I found difficult or unexpected, the interview team asked questions I felt were appropriate for the position and helped explain some of my daily tasks during the interview to assure I was ready for this position.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2013.

Series of phone interviews with HR and the hiring manager. Afterward, an interview trip was scheduled for a short series of interviews. Process moved quickly once the initial contact was made. The questions were pretty basic.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were relatively easy. Most were something like: "Tell us your experience working on [insert skill here]".   Answer Question
    No real negotiation on salary.

ASO/FSE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in January 2014.

Was Quick And simple, interviewer made me feel comfortable, and unrushed. I was interviewed by Two different people, i don't really know if it was a mistake, or on purpose, so be prepared to answer the same questions again. If anything requires verification, be prepared to email it to the interviewer, so make sure if say your experienced with something, your ready to prove it quickly.

There was 0 negotiations about pay, or expectations

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

I contacted the recruiter who set up an phone interview for me. Then there was the on site one on one with 6 people which includes PM, Chief Engineer, Test Engineering manager, HR, IPT lead and Director. Two of them weren't there so I had another phone interview a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. Mainly it was me talking about my past experience. HR had some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

They were always late doing interviews with potential employees due to the volume of work but that is still no excuse. Once the process was started it always went smooth and the questioning on the particular job at hand was always crisp and clear.

Mechanical Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in April 2014.

Met the recruiter at a career and connected with him via LinkedIn as requested. After connection on LinkedIn we discussed what my skills and job desires were, then he directed me to apply to a certain posistion. After applying, I recieved an interview within a couple weeks. The interview involved my potential supervisor and teammates. It lasted about an hour and also involved a tour. After the interview an offer was extended to me about a week later over the phone with discussion and confirmation of a salary. The official offer was sent a few days after my verbal acceptance.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your biggest failure so far in your career?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation due to my lack of experience.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hagerstown, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in November 2012.

On-site recruiter called me to see if I would have an interest in working for Sierra Nevada Corp. After the phone interview with recruiter I was then asked to complete an online interview with the VP of the department. After the online interview I was then asked to travel to Hagerstown for a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straight forward and I felt very comfortable during the interview process   Answer Question