Sierra Nevada Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.6

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Conducted a 45 minute phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Was then notified of an on-site interview a week later. Conducted the on-site interview for 90 min. The on-site interview was attended by a senior director, systems engineer and HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a program where you struggled and what lessons did you learn.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Beavercreek, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted by recruiter/talent acquisition specialist about a few weeks later. Set up an interview in mid-October. Interview was conducted by a team of 3 engineers and a manager. Since, the recruiter gave me the names of all the interviewers, I did some basic research and found all 3 of the engineers had LinkedIn Profiles. From there I was able to deduce exactly what I would be working on and what skills I had to talk about. I had actually known about Sierra Nevada before I even applied because I had carefully watching the private space race between them, SpaceX and Boeing. This surprised the interviewers and I started a really long conversation with them that was really fun and I didn't feel nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about transistor technologies and FPGAs. Why MOSFETs are used over BJTs.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Huntsville, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position online. Was called in for an in-person interview a few weeks later. My itinerary stated that I would be meeting with a panel of 5 people; when I arrived, only two of those people actually showed up. They were not executive-level, just an engineer and a manager. Neither of them acted like they particularly wanted to be there, did not ask me about my past work experience, and were unable to answer most of my questions (what are the day-to-day duties of this position, who would I report to, salary, etc.). Very strange situation. I was told I would have a response by the end of the month; even after following up with them I got no response. I have since accepted the same position with a different aerospace company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me:
      1. What is your dream job?
      2. What do you know about scheduling?
      3. What do you know about government contracting and proposals?
      4. Tell us about a time when you were in a difficult situation and how you handled it.

Answer Question

Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then in person interview. The interview in person was comfortable and informal. The staff very nice and accommodative. However, after reflecting on the in person interview, I realized that it was a formality since they had already made a decision.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Herndon, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed twice by two high level managers. They spent 20 minutes describing the effort and the remainder of the hours was a Q&A about my experience and how much value I could add to the project. I found both interviewers to be very engaging and astute. I later found out that the panel was comprised of two high level managers which impressed me even further.

Interview Questions

• How soon could I begin and if I had any other questions?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Centennial, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 30 minute phone screening with 3 people followed by an hour long on-site interview with 4 people. For both interviews, I was unaware there would be multiple people, but they were friendly. A mixture of technical questions based on my resume and general questions.

Aircraft Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in May 2012.

Interview

Real good time great guy turns out he was a very good friend of my best friend. We discussed the company, my skills boom you are hired. I will pay you $30.hour plus hazard pay if you get your clearance.

Interview Questions

• Standard aircraft RII inspection experience. At my experience level over 35 years is was very easy.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

Within 2 weeks, I heard back from HR. I finished the application process through the "career" section on their website. Shortly after that, they contacted me and set up a date/time phone interview. There was only 1 interviewer present. About a week later, they told me that I got the position.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview

The recruiting team at SNC is phenomenal! I worked with Mike who helped me through each step of the process with such enthusiasm for the company I would have been devastated not to get an offer! Mike was open and honest about the position and responded to all of my concerns with the highest professionalism. I was most impressed with how available Mike was during the process and how he made me feel like a part of the team right from the start. The team had me in my desk 2 weeks after my first phone interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions I found difficult or unexpected, the interview team asked questions I felt were appropriate for the position and helped explain some of my daily tasks during the interview to assure I was ready for this position.   Answer Question

Aerospace Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation (Louisville, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Series of phone interviews with HR and the hiring manager. Afterward, an interview trip was scheduled for a short series of interviews. Process moved quickly once the initial contact was made. The questions were pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• The questions were relatively easy. Most were something like: "Tell us your experience working on [insert skill here]".   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation on salary.