Sierra Nevada Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Centennial, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and called to a face to face with the VP and a Project Manager right away. Hired on the phone but met to go over requirements.

Interview Question – I had no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked what it would take to get me and how soon could I be there. I told them what I needed and we negotiated and I accepted.

Manager I Interview

Manager I

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview Details – The entire process was pretty simple. Talent Acquisition specialist did a phone interview/per-screen. Scheduled an in-person interview with hiring manager and a peer level employee. One week later was scheduled for a follow-up "Green Interview" which was a video teleconference. Then a week later received a verbal offer. Smooth and communicative hiring process. They let me know what/why things were happening up and after on-boarding.

Interview Question – No really hard questions mostly just related to my specific field.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Centennial, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed on the phone and it was very low key. The manager spent most of the time talking and I did not have much which I could say. I was hired on the phone but came out for a one on one interview. It was not much different than the phone, Hired and came on board. No training was given to me and I just had to learn what I needed to do my job.

Negotiation Details – The recruiter asked me on the phone what it would take to get me here. I called him back the next day and told him and he came back and negotiated down. i accepted.

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Poway, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview Details – The job post appeared in February for this specific location. Got the email and phone contact of the HR recruiter from a friend who worked as an intern there and started the conversation early. Was contacted in mid-May for an official interview the next week. It was a 5 person interview, with one person on the phone. Very welcoming people, nothing extremely difficult. My interview was longer than other interns, about 30 minutes compared to the standard 20 they were doing, but there was more on my resume to talk about.

Interview Question – I brought along a prop to the interview; an injection plate for a liquid rocket I had machined out of aluminum with some friends. One of the technical interviewers on the panel was convinced that it could not handle the pressure of the size of rocket we were going for and suggested brass as the material instead, saying the aluminum would fail for sure. I defended myself by giving examples of the design's success when used by other neighboring university rockets, but he said that they must have been extremely lucky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their starting offer is more or less the same in all locations. One can argue based off of location and cost of living (ie California) to get a slightly higher offer.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by recruiter after I submitted the resume online. He set up a phone interview with three engineering manager. On site interview happened about one month later including one on one with five individuals. Then the decision was made about two weeks afterwards

Interview Question – Every question was expected. They are rather technical than behavior   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer
Centennial, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Was put in contact with SNC through a recruiting agency. The recruiting agency took me to lunch, talked about my resume, experience, and what kind of job I was seeking. The next week they arranged a phone interview. The following week I was asked in for an on-site. They made their decision and first offer the next day.

Interview Question – We're a quick response company that is not as focused on rigorous processes as our competitors; Do you see that as a problem?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – While the benefits were good, I was offered significantly more total compensation by a competitor.

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer
Louisville, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in September 2012.

Interview Details – I made initial contact by submitting my resume into the black hole of the online resume submission sysem, and never heard back, so I went to a Job Fair that the company held in Denver, after which things proceeded very quickly. I had my initial interview at the Job Fair, then my on-site interview was the next day. The on-site interview consisted of meeting a manager, then three of the people I would prospectively be working with, then talking with HR. They gave me a tour of the facility, and that was it - it was a realtively quick on-site interview, about 3.5 - 4 hours. By the end of the next week I had received an offer (contingent on passing a background check) and the paperwork to complete the background check and drug screening (which are both required for all employees). Less than a month after the Job Fair I started my first day of work. This was apparently a-typical - from what I have heard since, it sounds like it generally takes longer to complete the whole process, but I found it to be quick and easy.

Interview Question – HR asked a couple of the generic "tell me about a day when you just had a bad day" type questions that are always hard to come up with on the spot - be prepared for some of that type of generic question. There were also some technical questions, but nothing too specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, which was not all that wise. You should negotiate a little.

Corporate Communications Manager Interview

Corporate Communications Manager
Sparks, NV

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details – I saw that SNC had posted this position on LinkedIn and that after reading the job description knew this was a perfect fit for my skill set and experience. I responded immediately, and the Talent Acquisition team emailed me back within a few hours requesting my resume and setting up a time to review my qualifications. The first interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist covered my experience and general knowledge of the skills required for this position. The next step was a video interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager which covered less about my skill set, but rather focused on my potential fit with the company. The third interview was a direct call with the hiring manager to discuss the day to day job requirements, previous experiences and again to determine my fit with the organization. After each interview I did receive a follow call and email from the Talent Acquisition Specialists, reviewing the positive feedback she had received from the interviewers and addressing any questions I may have had.

Within a week I was invited out to the Corporate Headquarters to interview with the same team as well as the Corporate Vice President for Human Resources and Administration. During these second round interviews, I believe the questions were less about my experience and skill set, and focused on fit, attitude and willingness to work in a lean and fast-paced environment. Throughout the entire process, it was evident that each of interviewers truly loved their position and the culture that permeated throughout the organization. As others have stated in their reviews the company runs hard, is lean and asks a lot of its employees. However you are treated with the upmost respect, are compensated very well and most importantly you are absorbed into this unique family culture that engages everyone, communicates well, and respects and values diverse opinions.

So now a week has gone by and I hear from the Talent Acquisition Specialist that another candidate is being interviewed and that although they like me for this position, they need to complete this candidate’s interview process. A few days later I hear back that they would like to offer me the position and shortly thereafter I receive my offer letter and accept this new opportunity.

Interview Question – There were no really challenging questions. As I had tremendous experience in my field and this industry, I felt that the company and I elected to focus on fit and expectations rather than typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Louisville, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in August 2012.

Interview Details – Met them at a hiring fair they hosted in downtown denver. One of the Manager's was interested in my skills and invited me for an interview. I had an interview with 2 managers and 3 employees and the the HR representative.

Interview Question – i think the most difficult questions were what did you do wrong in the past?   View Answer

Subcontracts Administrator Interview

Subcontracts Administrator
Louisville, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Nevada Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – A couple phone calls, in person interview with multiple management employees, then a decision. They work with you around your schedule to interview you as the priority. I was not able to talk to all the people I had been scheduled for the process was sufficient for someone in my position(entry level).

Interview Question – Just know your stuff and take ownership for the work you will do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Somewhat inflexible but the opening offer was fair.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sierra Nevada Corporation