Sierra Wireless Interview Questions

2.2

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Found by a recruiter, one phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, just seeing if it was a cultural fit I think.   Answer Question
    None

Network Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

I got a message from a recruiter about this position at Sierra Wireless so i replied to the recruiter with my resume, some details about salary exceptions and availability, and also a couple of bullet points about how my experience and skills lined up with the job description. The job description was asking for quite a bit of experience and skills, some of which i didn't have. The recruiter suggested i still apply as they were looking for someone with the desire and ability to pick us skills as needed.

The next afternoon the recruiter called saying Sierra Wireless would like to go ahead with an interview for the next day, in less then 24 hours. This wasn't an ideal situation to prepare but the recruiter let me know the hiring manager was leaving in a day or two for two weeks of business travel and wanted to start the interview processes. So very quickly i started my interview prep, getting a list of common behavioral interview questions, researching the company, going over previous work projects and experience, writing down events i thought they might want to hear.

I met with the hiring manager at Sierra Wireless offices and interviewed with 1 other member from the team. Both were very friendly and approachable and the interview turned out to be quite casual. They both just wanted to know about my work experiences, technology I've worked on, projects I've been involved with, and typical workflow in a day at work. It was just asking questions back and forth, them trying to find out my experience and me trying to get more information about how the department worked and what they were responsible for, the interview lasted for about 1 hour.

I got the impression that the department was quite small and was responsible for quite a lot of infrastructure. Locally at the offices and globally at other locations. They looked after systems and network side of the infrastructure. It sounded like they had set things up quite robustly so they didn't have a lot issues to deal with, but still it seemed like typical infrastructure team that has a lot of responsibility, a lot of work, and too little staff.

The recruiter called and said Sierra Wireless didn't want to continue with the interview process, i didn't have some the experience and skills Sierra Wireless was looking for, which was expected from my end by reading the job description. They did mention my interpersonal skills were good and i would be a good fit in the team if i had more of the skills they were looking for.

Overall, quite a positive experience, albeit very quick.

</epic-story>

Software Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sierra Wireless in January 2015.

It's a 1:1 interview with project manager. The whole process took 45 minutes. The interviewer was very nice and gentle. It is a easy interview. He just asked several project experience on my resume, and a very simple coding task in C++ on the whiteboard. I don't have perfect matched experience with they requirements so it not went further.

New Grad Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

3 in-person interviews with manager, HR, upper-management. A few 2:1 and a few 1:1 with basic skill testing on whiteboard, personality and behavioural tests. Brush up some skills before going in there, and best to explain your thought process.

Interview Questions
    • Straight-forward technical questions which can be completed with good memory-recall from learned material as a new grad, plus some standard behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Supporting Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

They had on file my LinkedIn profile, and made decision based on that. Resume was never asked.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, as there was no Resume attached to my profile   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

I was introduced by an ex-colleague. This seemed like the best way to get into Sierra Wireless.

Interview Questions
    short. The initial offer was pretty close to what I had indicated I was looking for.

Software Test Developer (Co-op) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

It was a very easy interview. He focused on things that were on my resume such as previous co-op experience and project experience. Then he asked me a few behavioral questions such as "Do you prefer to work in a group or alone?". The interview ended with a logic question. Overall, there wasn't anything technical.

Firmware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I had 3 in-person interviews.

First interview was with two project leads - they asked me questions about my experience, previous employment, my understanding (aka theory) of the skills required for the position.

Second interview was with two other senior level programmers involved with the project - they asked me more about my previous experience and what I enjoyed about it, where i wanted to go and what i wanted to do. If I was flexible with what I would like to do, ie would I stick to just 1 thing, or would I juggle multiple tasks

Third Interview was with HR and the two two project leads again - went more over my previous experiences and went over what the project they are working on is and what my tasks would be if I were selected.

Took roughly a month to have all 3 interviews. By my 3rd interview there were 2 other applicants.

I enjoyed the process and getting to know the people and the position for which I was applying for.

Software Test Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sierra Wireless in July 2012.

Applied via the University. Received an invitation to schedule an interview.
    Interview was straight forward

8 months position

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless in July 2012.

Submitted my resume and cover letter through the university website and then received an invitation to set up an interview time.
    Landed there and I had to wait since my interviewer was sick that day and was absent.
    Interviewed by a team member and it was nice and smooth