Sierra Wireless Interview Questions

2.4

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Found by a recruiter, one phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical, just seeing if it was a cultural fit I think.   Answer Question
    None

New Grad Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

3 in-person interviews with manager, HR, upper-management. A few 2:1 and a few 1:1 with basic skill testing on whiteboard, personality and behavioural tests. Brush up some skills before going in there, and best to explain your thought process.

Interview Questions
    • Straight-forward technical questions which can be completed with good memory-recall from learned material as a new grad, plus some standard behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Supporting Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

They had on file my LinkedIn profile, and made decision based on that. Resume was never asked.

Interview Questions
    • No questions, as there was no Resume attached to my profile   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless.

I was introduced by an ex-colleague. This seemed like the best way to get into Sierra Wireless.

Interview Questions
    short. The initial offer was pretty close to what I had indicated I was looking for.

Software Test Developer (Co-op) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

It was a very easy interview. He focused on things that were on my resume such as previous co-op experience and project experience. Then he asked me a few behavioral questions such as "Do you prefer to work in a group or alone?". The interview ended with a logic question. Overall, there wasn't anything technical.

Firmware Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I had 3 in-person interviews.

First interview was with two project leads - they asked me questions about my experience, previous employment, my understanding (aka theory) of the skills required for the position.

Second interview was with two other senior level programmers involved with the project - they asked me more about my previous experience and what I enjoyed about it, where i wanted to go and what i wanted to do. If I was flexible with what I would like to do, ie would I stick to just 1 thing, or would I juggle multiple tasks

Third Interview was with HR and the two two project leads again - went more over my previous experiences and went over what the project they are working on is and what my tasks would be if I were selected.

Took roughly a month to have all 3 interviews. By my 3rd interview there were 2 other applicants.

I enjoyed the process and getting to know the people and the position for which I was applying for.

Software Test Engineer Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sierra Wireless in July 2012.

Applied via the University. Received an invitation to schedule an interview.
    Interview was straight forward

8 months position

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless in July 2012.

Submitted my resume and cover letter through the university website and then received an invitation to set up an interview time.
    Landed there and I had to wait since my interviewer was sick that day and was absent.
    Interviewed by a team member and it was nice and smooth

Software Test Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sierra Wireless in June 2011.

Interview discussion for test engineer position. Interviewer was not that organized about what they were looking for and what the position would be doing. I would suggest having a phone discussion with HR before to an interview so you know what the job is about. Nothing came of the interview as I don't think they were seriously looking at filling the position.

Interview Questions
    • How would you create a test that tested 5 years of phone calls in a single day?   Answer Question

Software Quality Assurance II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sierra Wireless in January 2010.

A long process of 5 interviews, but very clear what they want, excel test, some panel interviews, intervier talked more.