Sierra Wireless

Very Easy Interview

Electronics Technician Interview

Electronics Technician
Carlsbad, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Interview Details – Found by a recruiter, one phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Question – Nothing technical, just seeing if it was a cultural fit I think.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

New Grad Engineering Interview

New Grad Engineering

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Interview Details – 3 in-person interviews with manager, HR, upper-management. A few 2:1 and a few 1:1 with basic skill testing on whiteboard, personality and behavioural tests. Brush up some skills before going in there, and best to explain your thought process.

Interview Question – Straight-forward technical questions which can be completed with good memory-recall from learned material as a new grad, plus some standard behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Supporting Leadership Role Interview

Supporting Leadership Role
Richmond, BC (Canada)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Interview Details – They had on file my LinkedIn profile, and made decision based on that. Resume was never asked.

Interview Question – No questions, as there was no Resume attached to my profile   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Interview Details – I was introduced by an ex-colleague. This seemed like the best way to get into Sierra Wireless.

Interview Question – Generally, there were no difficult surprises   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – short. The initial offer was pretty close to what I had indicated I was looking for.

Software Test Developer (Co-op) Interview

Software Test Developer (Co-op)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sierra Wireless.

Interview Details – It was a very easy interview. He focused on things that were on my resume such as previous co-op experience and project experience. Then he asked me a few behavioral questions such as "Do you prefer to work in a group or alone?". The interview ended with a logic question. Overall, there wasn't anything technical.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Coop Interview

Software Test Engineer Coop
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sierra Wireless in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via the University. Received an invitation to schedule an interview.
Interview was straight forward

Interview Question – How do you test the functionality of a fan   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 8 months position

Firmware Developer Interview

Firmware Developer
Richmond, BC (Canada)

Interview Details – I had 3 in-person interviews.

First interview was with two project leads - they asked me questions about my experience, previous employment, my understanding (aka theory) of the skills required for the position.

Second interview was with two other senior level programmers involved with the project - they asked me more about my previous experience and what I enjoyed about it, where i wanted to go and what i wanted to do. If I was flexible with what I would like to do, ie would I stick to just 1 thing, or would I juggle multiple tasks

Third Interview was with HR and the two two project leads again - went more over my previous experiences and went over what the project they are working on is and what my tasks would be if I were selected.

Took roughly a month to have all 3 interviews. By my 3rd interview there were 2 other applicants.

I enjoyed the process and getting to know the people and the position for which I was applying for.

Interview Question – Why is a manhole cover round?   View Answers (3)

Software Testing Engineer Interview

Software Testing Engineer
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sierra Wireless in July 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume and cover letter through the university website and then received an invitation to set up an interview time.
Landed there and I had to wait since my interviewer was sick that day and was absent.
Interviewed by a team member and it was nice and smooth

Interview Question – What is the course that you hate the most and why?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Sierra Wireless in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview discussion for test engineer position. Interviewer was not that organized about what they were looking for and what the position would be doing. I would suggest having a phone discussion with HR before to an interview so you know what the job is about. Nothing came of the interview as I don't think they were seriously looking at filling the position.

Interview Question – How would you create a test that tested 5 years of phone calls in a single day?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Richmond, BC (Canada)

The process took a day - interviewed at Sierra Wireless in May 2009.

Interview Details – HR called and performed screening interview on the phone for probably around 15 minutes. First face to face interview with manager, where manager explained about the job and it took around 30 - 40 minutes. Couple days after that HR called again and scheduled one and half hour interview. 30 minutes with fellow test engineers, continued with 30 minutes with a developer and finally 30 minutes with HR where they asked for your salary expectation

Interview Question – Why do you want this position? would you consider a development position?   Answer Question

Worked for Sierra Wireless? Contribute to the Community!