Sigma-Aldrich

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

Chemist I Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Typical situation questions about teamwork and conflict issues from HR interviewers. Meet with several scientist from different levels of hierarchy. They mostly ask you questions regarding your laboratory background so they can figure out where you will fit best among groups. There is a portion of the interview where you eat with a group of scientists with their supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Not really that difficult if you know what you are applying for. If you do not have a science background, do waste your time.   Answer Question

Distribution Associate Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

I applied at Sigma in March of 2000. I went to a job fair they were having on site. There were hundred of people. They were doing on-the-spot interviews. The interview went so well. I knew I had the job that day, They did offer me the job. I was working for another company at the time. I told Sigma that I could start in two weeks. I wanted to give my present employer a two week notice.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you see another co-worker stealing or clocking someone else in?   Answer Question

Chemist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Application began with the company website. Within 1-2 weeks I received a call from hr, going over my resume. A week later I was invited for an on site interview. The interview was relaxed, and I had a few laughs and received some good advice. I have not yet received an offer, but I enjoyed the interview environment.

Interview Questions
    • Open ended questions asking me to describe the theory and application of various techniques were posed, some of my own choosing.   View Answer

Chemist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

First contact by HR, then by the supervisor. On site interview with a total of 4 supervisors.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations as I was told by HR that there was no negotiations optional only to find out once I was hired that this was not true.

Chemist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in May 2014.

Process took one week. 20 min phone interview followed by 4 hour in-person. It was a long interview for a low calibre position. I had fun, but there were some stressful moments.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were appropriate for the position. Only one vaguely technical question. A couple oddball questions not applicable to the position. Know the salary range; It is lower than indicated on this site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in May 2014.

I first had a phone interview with both the supervisor and the manager of the department. A few days later I was offered a second on-site interview. During this interview I first walked around and had a tour of the facility. This included gowning in visitors clothing to view the areas of manufacturing. I then proceeded to have an interview with the supervisor of the department. Immediately after that interview I interviewed with the manager of the department. It was only a few days later I received a job offer which I was given about a day to think over and give my response. After acceptance I had to go through a very thorough hiring process including drug testing and a lengthy physical exam (both were paid for).

Interview Questions
    • If you left here and I could only remember one word from your interview.   View Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

The interview and hiring process was standard. I applied online, a human resources rep contacted me for an interview, I was sent instructions via email, I interviewed on site with several people, and then was contacted shortly after with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary but they based their arguments on my previous salaries and were very resistant to additional negotiations.

Production Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan Falls, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheboygan Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in March 2014.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. It was a pretty standard phone interview to get my background experience and work history and the interviewer asked why I was interested in working with the company. It was followed up by an in-person interview mostly with the hiring manager and also with a couple of other individuals and then a member of HR. All members of the interview staff were completely honest and open about expectations and were very courteous.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions that were too difficult or unexpected. The interview was pretty straight forward. It may be helpful for applicants to be fairly familiar with organic chemistry reaction mechanisms, as they often stressed that at some point you will perform reactions utilizing all of the mechanisms studied in organic chemistry.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager, New Site Cleveland OH Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in February 2014.

i applied for the position via their website and i must say i was pleasantly surprised on how quickly they got back to me. i would say the very next day! but the pleasantries stop there unfortunately. i was contacted by a very seemingly "friendly" HR representative. we choose to have a phone screen the following day during my office hours. she did call on time the next day, but unfortunately i missed the call by a second or two (stupid iphone :). i called her right back. so at that point, to me, the interview went seemingly well. that was until the end...
    it was then she revealed her true colors. as they say, "dont let the great taste fool ya." she then revealed to me that she would put in her notes i was "late to the call" (are you kidding me. i told her i missed the pick up and i was only late by a minute tops!!! ) and that i was "arrogant." ( i dont know how she got arrogance from speaking to me. i truly think if i was "arrogant" i would not be getting flown out to numerous on site interviews).
    needless to say i received two "rejection" emails this morning. thats right, two and they didnt even have my name in the title but they sure had hers in all caps! i think it was personal for whatever reason. never have i had i company act in this unprofessional manner! no wonder the reviews of the company are adverse from current employees. i would seriously steer clear of this company people if you have any ambition or drive. that seems to be the underlying tone im getting. if you have any "forward thinking" ideas they are threatened by you. do yourself a favor and heed my warning.

Interview Questions
    • more like most unexpected statement, "you were late on the call, and i feel you're arrogant." you will believe you are doing great as she is very friendly and personable, that is, until the very end. then she will let you have it.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in December 2013.

Phone interview