Sigma-Aldrich

Relevance Date Difficulty

CMS Packaging Operator Interview

CMS Packaging Operator
Milwaukee, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Phone interview with Kelly Services, followed by paperwork and simple test (literally everyone passes)
2. In person interview with HR and a packaging supervisor
3. Second in person interview with another supervisor

Interview Question – -Pretty standard interview
-Make sure your resume really good, they pretty much look at that the entire time and take notes from the interview on it so have several copies (there were 3 people in my first in person interview so have lots of copies and one for yourself)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they offered the job, said the shift I was working, and where to be on the first day.

Chemist I Interview

Chemist I

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Interview Details – Application began with the company website. Within 1-2 weeks I received a call from hr, going over my resume. A week later I was invited for an on site interview. The interview was relaxed, and I had a few laughs and received some good advice. I have not yet received an offer, but I enjoyed the interview environment.

Interview Question – Open ended questions asking me to describe the theory and application of various techniques were posed, some of my own choosing.   View Answer

Chemist II Interview

Chemist II
Verona, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in May 2014.

Interview Details – Process took one week. 20 min phone interview followed by 4 hour in-person. It was a long interview for a low calibre position. I had fun, but there were some stressful moments.

Interview Question – Most questions were appropriate for the position. Only one vaguely technical question. A couple oddball questions not applicable to the position. Know the salary range; It is lower than indicated on this site.   Answer Question

Production Chemist Interview

Production Chemist
Sheboygan Falls, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone interview by a member of the Talent Acquisition team. It was a pretty standard phone interview to get my background experience and work history and the interviewer asked why I was interested in working with the company. It was followed up by an in-person interview mostly with the hiring manager and also with a couple of other individuals and then a member of HR. All members of the interview staff were completely honest and open about expectations and were very courteous.

Interview Question – There were no questions that were too difficult or unexpected. The interview was pretty straight forward. It may be helpful for applicants to be fairly familiar with organic chemistry reaction mechanisms, as they often stressed that at some point you will perform reactions utilizing all of the mechanisms studied in organic chemistry.   Answer Question

Chemist II Interview

Chemist II
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Interview Details – First contact by HR, then by the supervisor. On site interview with a total of 4 supervisors.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations as I was told by HR that there was no negotiations optional only to find out once I was hired that this was not true.

Validation Engineer Interview

Validation Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich.

Interview Details – The interview and hiring process was standard. I applied online, a human resources rep contacted me for an interview, I was sent instructions via email, I interviewed on site with several people, and then was contacted shortly after with a job offer.

Interview Question – How would I determine the output of a draining tank?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary but they based their arguments on my previous salaries and were very resistant to additional negotiations.

Quality Control Interview

Quality Control
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was fresh out of college and not much emphasis was on the technology - it was more on attitute, willingness to work etc...

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager, New Site Cleveland OH Interview

Engineering Manager, New Site Cleveland OH
Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in February 2014.

Interview Details – i applied for the position via their website and i must say i was pleasantly surprised on how quickly they got back to me. i would say the very next day! but the pleasantries stop there unfortunately. i was contacted by a very seemingly "friendly" HR representative. we choose to have a phone screen the following day during my office hours. she did call on time the next day, but unfortunately i missed the call by a second or two (stupid iphone :). i called her right back. so at that point, to me, the interview went seemingly well. that was until the end...
it was then she revealed her true colors. as they say, "dont let the great taste fool ya." she then revealed to me that she would put in her notes i was "late to the call" (are you kidding me. i told her i missed the pick up and i was only late by a minute tops!!! ) and that i was "arrogant." ( i dont know how she got arrogance from speaking to me. i truly think if i was "arrogant" i would not be getting flown out to numerous on site interviews).
needless to say i received two "rejection" emails this morning. thats right, two and they didnt even have my name in the title but they sure had hers in all caps! i think it was personal for whatever reason. never have i had i company act in this unprofessional manner! no wonder the reviews of the company are adverse from current employees. i would seriously steer clear of this company people if you have any ambition or drive. that seems to be the underlying tone im getting. if you have any "forward thinking" ideas they are threatened by you. do yourself a favor and heed my warning.

Interview Question – more like most unexpected statement, "you were late on the call, and i feel you're arrogant." you will believe you are doing great as she is very friendly and personable, that is, until the very end. then she will let you have it.   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – Asked about cell culture protocol   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sigma-Aldrich in September 2013.

Interview Details – Three person panel interview - very intimidating; only one person would smile the other two maintained a straight poker face.

Interview Question – What would your friends say about you?   Answer Question

Worked for Sigma-Aldrich? Contribute to the Community!