Signpost

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Signpost .

Overall a very unprofessional process and vibe. The recruiter seemed unorganized, the rep I sat with was rude and called a prospect an expletive after she hung up. One of the interviewers constantly looked at his watch, asked what my favorite color was among other "cool" interview quetions that no decent company would ask, bragged about how he was going to be rich after the company was aquired, and made it clear new hires had to get through him first to be successful.

It was a glorified call center with an added touch of loud music, and I wouldn't expect anyone there to stay long term. The general word I got was that everyone wanted to cash in once the company went IPO or was aquired. I couldn't imagine working around these people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost in February 2015.

A guy from Signpost gave me a call. We coordinated an interview schedule. Also, the guy illustrated about SignPost. About 1 week later, they called me for a technical interview. It was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • - Difference between web and internet
      - How to find a loop in linked-list
      - Shuffle an array

Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Ross was very friendly and a good ambassador for the company. My tech screen with Sarah on the other hand was the opposite. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and very robotic. It was almost as if she had no interest in interviewing me and was just doing it because she was told to. Overall it wasn't a very good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between the internet and the web?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost .

Asked me the difference between the internet and the web, shuffling an array, stack overflows, and the big Oh time for an insertion into a hashmap. Overall it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • Giving a formal definiton on the difference between the internet and the web...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Signpost .

The first phone interview last about 40 minutes. 3 technical questions and 2 algorithm questions were asked. Tech questions: what's racing condition, what's the difference between web and internet, what's the big o to insert an element into a hashmap. Algorithm questions: how to detect circles in a linked list, how to shuffle an array. All answers are out there online or in books.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Signpost in December 2014.

Got a phonecall from the HR guy to set up a phone interview with an engineer about a week later. HR guy was very enthusiastic and detailed. Phone interview with the engineer was ~30 minutes. Friendly guy. Questions were more of a discussion than a "quiz" type. He had simple questions like "describe stack overflow" but most of the time was spent talking about algorithms.

Interview Questions
    • What is a stack overflow? What is a race condition? Describe an algorithm for shuffling cards. Describe how to detect a loop in a linked list.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Signpost .

I sent in my resume in the evening. That next morning I get a call from the recruiter. She discusses the job with me and then asks if I wanted to come in for an interview. I come in the next week.

At the start of my interview, I got a brief overview of the company. Then, I spent some time with current employees making calls. The employee I listened in on sounded bored, but the overall atmosphere of the office was energetic. Then, I had a one-on-one interview with some sort of manager. You usual questions, nothing unpredictable. I did feel like he kind started drifting off while I was answering some of the questions. I didn't think I was babbling on incessantly, but it kind of seemed like he was bored.

Regardless, I was offered a second interview, which I accepted. I was told I needed to prepare a powerpoint, and that they would send me info on what to prepare later. I never got that email. Then they called the day of the interview to confirm I was coming in. I said I wasn't prepared because I never got their email with instructions. They apologized and asked if I wanted to reschedule. I declined.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any in the first round. The second round might be more challenging.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Signpost in November 2014.

I discovered the opportunity on LinkedIn and almost immediately received a response from a recruiter. She scheduled a phone interview for that day and we spoke about my work history and why I was considering to work for SignPost. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview in Austin for the following week. To my surprise my current manager called me into her office the next day letting me know that one of the account managers at the company called her letting me know I was looking for a position. Ethically this was extremely wrong and put me in a very awkward situation at my current employer, no where in my application was her name listed for a reference (Red Flag 1).

At the interview the following week, It was setup in three different parts. A face to face with the recruiter going over the same information we had prior, Shadowing of a current associate who had no communication skills what so ever and even asked me to not talk when I asked him a question. the third and last session was a interview with both the sales manager and director. Both pretty nice and down to earth individuals, the regular questions asked, nothing too too difficult.

The following day I was asked to setup an appointment with the Sales Director for a final interview that included a cold call to sell the product. You were to make a keynote presentation and convince him to buy the marketing platform. I did that and what worried him the most at the end of the interview was my past work history. He feared I would come in as a quote on quote 'know it all'. I took this quite offensive as not once did I bring up any of these companies unless they asked out of modesty. It was very awkward and at that point gave me the decision to most likely not take an offer if they did send one.

Overall the company motto and platform is great and something even I would use but it left an extremely unprofessional taste in my mouth from the people running it. I wish them the best of luck with their business and hopefully this is a red flag for anyone applying or considering a position.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult situation at your current employer and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

First I had a phone interview which was short and straight forward, then I was invited to come into the office for an interview. This interview went well, fairly simple questions, and then they asked me come back next week for another interview. Second interview was essentially the same as the first, but with a different person. At the end, the HR person told me that they liked me and that I "probably got the job" and that they would call me next week. When they finally called me, they told me they decided that they didn't want to hire anyone for the position anymore. I was annoyed that they put me through such a long interview process only to have them decide that they didn't even want anyone for the position.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost .

I applied online and had a phone interview the very same day, just a few hours later. Over the phone was simple--they wanted to know why I was interested in the company, and what it was about a sales position that interested me. They invited me for an interview at the end of the call. The in-person interview was 1 on 1 and seemed normal enough. I didn't have sales experience, so they wanted to know how I was going to be a good fit. I think they knew rather quickly that I wasn't right for the job, as the interview lasted only 15 minutes and seemed to cut off rather abruptly.

Interview Questions
    • Rank, in order, what motivates you most: Money, growth, or company culture.   Answer Question