Signpost Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Signpost

Sales Representative Interview

Wow. What can I say about this interview process? Well for starters, I had a very easy phone interview. I applied for the position online and then within 2 hours I received a phone call from them. I then had an in-person interview at their "office" which was really intense. I was interviewed by three different people and then sat down with one of their sales representatives to discuss the position. I was asked to come back for the final interview but I had to first prepare a PowerPoint about Signpost products which I had to sell to the manager. They told me they would contact me later that day about whether I got the position but they never contacted me. This company is EXTREMELY unprofessional. After going through three interviews and giving a PowerPoint presentation, the least they could do is call me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
      Running
      Now try to sell me on running with you.
        Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost .

The process was pretty simple. I received a call from a recruiting manager who pretty much asked me the basic questions ( why do you want to work in sales, why signpost&I and all the other typical sales questions). After the screening process, I was brought into the office for a face to face interview with a recruiting manager, sales manager and sat down with one of the sales representatives to see what exactly they do. I already knew i wasn't a right fit from the moment I walked. Everyone was dressed extremely casual while I wore business casual clothing. Secondly, as I was going over my resume, the recruiter (Lior) stopped me before I even finished and said " I was too corporate for the position" even though I told her I'm open to different opportunities. After grilling me on why I want to do sales, what motivates me, and why signpost a million times, she still continued to put down my ability to work there even though my answers were "spot on" and "exactly what she would say". She couldn't look past my endeavors in the corporate and financial industry and therefore felt I wouldn't be a fit in their young, lax environment. The interview with the sales manager which pretty much the same but she was open to hear what I had today. Overall, it wasn't a great interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an item. Difficult for those who don't know how to think quick.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost in April 2014.

I applied online for a different position but was contacted by the sales team hiring manager to ask if I would like to come in for an interview for a position on the sales team. I asked about horizontal movement throughout the company once hired and received a few vague responses. The main focus of the interviewers questions revolved around the ability to close the sale and accept rejection. This was followed by sitting in on a few calls with a top earning Associate.

Interview Questions

Was not excited about cold pitching and hard closing expectations. I was looking for existing client sales and customer service. No customer relationship building in this position. Seemed like a cool and fun company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Signpost .

Starts with a phone interview that is pretty basic and then an in-person interview is scheduled. I was told I had made it into the second round after the in-person however I did not receive any contact for about a month and when I followed up with this person she never got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty straightforward, one that surprised me was: what are some words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Signpost .

Applied online, had a scheduled phone interview with the recruiter. She called late due to being held up in a meeting, we spoke about the company and my background. After that she said a hiring manager would be in touch with me, three weeks later and still haven't heard anything and this is after I followed up twice with the recruiter to see what was going on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost .

First there is a phone interview as a means for pre-qualifying candidates and asking about any glaring issues in their resume/ application. Next is an in-office interview with a recruiter, 2 sales managers, and the sales director. Lastly there is a demonstration of your knowledge of the platform over the phone using Powerpoint and Join.me

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want a career in sales? This is difficult because very rarely do people actually want to pursue a career in sales. More often than not they want to use it as a stepping stone to a different career.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because they do allow for an uncapped commission.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost in February 2014.

Met with sales team recruiter to discuss company. That was followed by being interviewed by two sales managers with a focus on cold phone sales. I then spoke with a top salesman to discuss company personality. The interview was moved to the sales floor allowing me to see the process for contacting clients before closing with any questions I had about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Signpost in March 2013.

Very simple phone and in person interview. It took a while to get set up because the managers did not seem to communicate. I may be overthinking this, but they seemed surprised when I showed up for my scheduled interivew.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, you start at 20k just like everyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Signpost in September 2013.

I submitted my application online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with someone about my experience and qualifications, I was contacted again to schedule an interview in the Denver office. I immediately felt overdressed when I walked into the office, as the relatively casual office environment left me sticking out like a sore thumb in my suit. A couple of the managers in the office took turns speaking with me, and I then sat at the desk with a sales rep to get a feel for being on the phones and what the work entails. I was then given the opportunity to ask the rep some questions without management present, which helped give me a feel for the various pros/cons of working here. I was contacted again following this interview and asked to put together a presentation. This involved researching the Signpost platform and presenting over the phone to a manager as well as the VP of Revenue as they pretended to own a struggling gym in need of our services. Following this screen-share phone presentation, I was contacted within an hour with an offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Standard $20k base salary is rather meager, but uncapped commission makes it hard to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Signpost in November 2013.

Phone interview, in person interview, second round interview (had to pretend to sell them something).

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate, I just accepted the offer.

Worked for Signpost ? Contribute to the Community!