Signpost Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2015

2.6

Junior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO).

Interview

There were a handful of interviews with different members of the team. There was also a brief demo where I had to sell the product to one of the sales leaders in an impromptu situation. There was a bit of shadowing a rep on the phone going through the day to day. All in all, a really smooth process for a company that offered a compelling opportunity.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that were out of left field or inherently difficult. There was a focus on getting to know you as a person outside of work while also getting a read on your skills.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY).

Interview

Very timely with email and phone communications. Phone interview was impromptu but professional and I was pleased to be called in for an interview. I was told I would be meeting with several different people at the office that day, but only the hiring manager was available. The hiring manager was very pleasant and professional, if not a little bit disorganized. The structure seemed a little rigid and the questions asked did not follow any sort of linear path. All in all, a fine interview experience. I had yet to see Wolf of Wall Street, which had been released not long before the interview, and so the question (listed below) struck me as a bit random.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process itself moved pretty quickly. I did a phone interview and met with the team members. I had a good talk with the team itself but ended up not getting an offer due to circumstantial issues. After all the interviews, I just received an automated machine reply 'sorry you didn't get the position' from a no-reply address. It was a little off putting as thought the hiring manager would at least try to respond himself or the company to send a more personalized email.

Interview Questions

• How did you manager your sales team? How would you conduct a sales meeting? How did you train your sales team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signpost .

Interview

I emailed HR through an online job posting. I did a 15min phone screening, then a 30min technical screening with an engineer. They asked me some basic logic question and concepts about the web and black box vs. white box testing. I then came onsite which consisted of a 30min introduction, lunch, and then 5 individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between whitebox vs. blackbox testing   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Just another NYC small business that tries to leverage the "startup" image to convince you to take a salary cut to do mindless work in a "hip" environment. Several phone interviews and then a final round with the hiring manager/team in the office.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signpost .

Interview

The interview process was pretty basic. I applied online through the website, the recruiter reached out for a screen phone call, went into an interview, then the final step is sales presentation with director of sales. Everyone was extremely nice and the office culture was amazing

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter. Very generic and standard questions asked. The general way I can describe the interview process is that the management and the recruiter lacked enthusiasm; There was little or no eye contact, and one of the most disturbing things during the interview was that they said this position is a great stepping stone for another company. Red Flag. Red Flag, Red Flag.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned a no into a yes.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiter and then came in to me the Director. That was followed by a final with the Recruiting Manager. Phone screens took around 15-20 minutes and then the face-to-face interview took around 1 hour. The final was around 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First let me say I love the loft style office!! The interview process took a week. I did a phone interview and was asked to come in for an in person two days later. I met with 3 managers all who asked standard questions. For me, it didn't feel like most interviews, it seemed more like regular conversation which I liked. Afterwards they called me in for the second round to create a powerpoint presentation pitching the marketing director. I won't lie I was a tad bit nervous but in the end he said I did great and he liked my slides. I have experience working in call centers, direct door to door sales and network marketing so pitching wasn't anything new. But overall I enjoyed the process, everyone had great energy and was nice. I like the culture of Signpost and felt it would fit well with my personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a call the very next day to have a short interview and then was immediately asked to come to the office (Denver) for an in-person interview. When I got to the office I instantly felt out of place and way overly dressed. The recruiter then had a brief talk with me and then decided I could speak to some of the managers. I was then questioned by two managers (extremely unprofessional "cool" interview questions) then asked to come for the final interview which consisted of me pitching their products to a manager over the phone at the office. Some of the managers were nice but most of them seemed like ex-frat boys who never left the frat house. If you're interested in working for a call center (making 100+ calls a day according to an employee) run by frat stars for a salary under the amount you paid yearly for college tuition- this is for you!