Signpost Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Signpost .

Interview

The interview process was pretty basic. I applied online through the website, the recruiter reached out for a screen phone call, went into an interview, then the final step is sales presentation with director of sales. Everyone was extremely nice and the office culture was amazing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Signpost (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen with the recruiter. Very generic and standard questions asked. The general way I can describe the interview process is that the management and the recruiter lacked enthusiasm; There was little or no eye contact, and one of the most disturbing things during the interview was that they said this position is a great stepping stone for another company. Red Flag. Red Flag, Red Flag.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned a no into a yes.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Signpost (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiter and then came in to me the Director. That was followed by a final with the Recruiting Manager. Phone screens took around 15-20 minutes and then the face-to-face interview took around 1 hour. The final was around 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First let me say I love the loft style office!!

The interview process took a week. I did a phone interview and was asked to come in for an in person two days later. I met with 3 managers all who asked standard questions. For me, it didn't feel like most interviews, it seemed more like regular conversation which I liked. Afterwards they called me in for the second round to create a powerpoint presentation pitching the marketing director. I won't lie I was a tad bit nervous but in the end he said I did great and he liked my slides.

I have experience working in call centers, direct door to door sales and network marketing so pitching wasn't anything new. But overall I enjoyed the process, everyone had great energy and was nice. I like the culture of Signpost and felt it would fit well with my personality.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a call the very next day to have a short interview and then was immediately asked to come to the office (Denver) for an in-person interview. When I got to the office I instantly felt out of place and way overly dressed. The recruiter then had a brief talk with me and then decided I could speak to some of the managers. I was then questioned by two managers (extremely unprofessional "cool" interview questions) then asked to come for the final interview which consisted of me pitching their products to a manager over the phone at the office. Some of the managers were nice but most of them seemed like ex-frat boys who never left the frat house. If you're interested in working for a call center (making 100+ calls a day according to an employee) run by frat stars for a salary under the amount you paid yearly for college tuition- this is for you!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Signpost (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with a total of 4 different managers on the first day who asked standard questions. One in particular was "impressed" by my experience and skill set. I also observed one of their current sales reps who said this was his first sales job. I masterfully answered all questions. I spent about 1.5 hours there.

On the second day, I did a mock sales presentation for one of their directors, which I felt went well. He mentioned I "did a good job". I then was interviewed by one of their recruiters, and then told what the salary and the benefits looked like by one of the previous managers I had met with.

Considering the positive feedback I was getting through out this process, my extensive skill set and experience, and that I was told what the offer would look like, I had a strong expectation that I would get the job. After all, I have everything people look for in a sales person: confidence, experience, determination, etc. and they admittedly have hired people with zero sales experience.

I am a little dumbfounded as to why I did not get the job. I have to assume they thought I wouldn't fit in with their "culture". Overall, it felt like an immense waste of time, having gone through such an over-extended interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Signpost (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was composed of a phone interview and two in person-interviews, the final interview included a brief presentation on product and a mock phone call. Meet with multiple members of the staff including Sales Representatives

Interview Questions

• When was a time you convinced (sold something) to a friend or co-worker? How do you handle rejection.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Signpost .

Interview

Overall a very unprofessional process and vibe. The recruiter seemed unorganized, the rep I sat with was rude and called a prospect an expletive after she hung up. One of the interviewers constantly looked at his watch, asked what my favorite color was among other "cool" interview quetions that no decent company would ask, bragged about how he was going to be rich after the company was aquired, and made it clear new hires had to get through him first to be successful.

It was a glorified call center with an added touch of loud music, and I wouldn't expect anyone there to stay long term. The general word I got was that everyone wanted to cash in once the company went IPO or was aquired. I couldn't imagine working around these people.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A guy from Signpost gave me a call. We coordinated an interview schedule. Also, the guy illustrated about SignPost. About 1 week later, they called me for a technical interview. It was about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - Difference between web and internet
      - How to find a loop in linked-list
      - Shuffle an array

Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Interview

Ross was very friendly and a good ambassador for the company. My tech screen with Sarah on the other hand was the opposite. The interviewer was 15 minutes late and very robotic. It was almost as if she had no interest in interviewing me and was just doing it because she was told to. Overall it wasn't a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between the internet and the web?   Answer Question