Signpost Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Signpost

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Signpost .

I walked into the office and immediately was asked by a few people if I needed help. The environment right off the bat was extremely friendly and welcoming. The interview process went smoothly. I was interviewed by 4 people who took the time out to ask me thorough questions to see if I would be a good fit for the position. I was put on the spot with some touch questions, but nothing a sales person should not be able to handle. Everyone who interviewed me was extremely friendly and represented the welcoming environment I felt when I walked in. I was able to sit down with a Sales Rep and watch her work which was helpful in me making my decision to work for the company. I was called later on that day and asked to come back for a second interview which I had to present a Powerpoint. After leaving the second interview I was called within an hour and offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Signpost in October 2014.

Was contacted for a phone interview a day or so after applying for the position online. The Hiring Manager asked me to do an in-person interview a few days after. Went in for the in-person interview and was taken upstairs to an interview room with the hiring manager.

The person interviewing me seemed to be in a huge hurry to get through the interview and did not seem interested in my qualifications or candidacy in the slightest. The interviewer hardly maintained any eye contact with me throughout the interview and generally displayed a body language of displeasure towards me, even though we had only been together a couple of minutes. I cannot really explain why this was the case.

The interviewer did not ask me any questions about my background and had seemed to have made up her mind on whether or not to hire me before the interviewer had even started. The only things she asked me during the interview were questions such as,"did you look at our website", (to which my answer was yes and I described everything on the website), "what do you think about the music downstairs?", "are you comfortable making outbound cold calls on a daily basis?" and finally my personal favorite, which she asked three times, "are you comfortable dealing with rejection?"

After she rushed through the questions I attempted to ask her and prevented me from asking any additional questions that I wanted to ask, she had decided that the interview was over. The interview started at 11:01AM and "ended" at 11:07AM. My biggest problem with this is exactly that, a six minute interview. Obviously, you can't actually learn very much in-depth information about a person and their qualifications in six minutes and the fact that she failed to ask me any questions about my background and why I might be a good fit for the job just goes to show that she did not care. This was the worst "interview" I have ever had as far as the professionalism and courtesy displayed by the person who interviewed me. Its upsetting to see that there are some Human Resource personnel out there who simply judge a book by its cover and don't actually want to put in the effort to conduct a detailed and in-depth interview. This makes me think that the only thing they really cared about was hiring people who they like when they first look at them; which shows nothing about what their qualifications are or might be.

Therefore I would not suggest applying to this company or doing business with them. Although I can only speak from experience on applying, I would imagine that any of their clients will see less than expected in terms of the product they receive, because of the employees that work there are not selected in terms of merit or qualifications. Employees are supposed to be a company's "greatest asset." But a company that chooses not to hire the best employees that are available to them because they refuse to actually put in the work and effort required to conduct interviews properly will suffer the consequences in the long term, not only in terms of immediate employment, but in terms of networking and people who may decide to reapply in the future. Thus, because their "greatest asset", their employees, are limited by the lack of work ethic from their HR department deciding not to hire based on qualifications, I reason that their product with also suffer in the long term.

There is a huge number of marketing firms that out there that engage in online marketing, SEO and marketing in mobile apps for business. My recommendation is to apply to another one of those companies if you are looking for a position in this industry and engage your efforts there.

Interview Questions
    • No real questions were asked in regards to my qualifications for the job or how I might perform at the job.   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost .

Applied online to their Sales rep position, heard back from HR that day to schedule an interview. Went into the office where I met with HR, 2 sales team leads, and director of sales for 10-20 minutes each. HR was extremely pushy in trying to get me to admit I was not a good fit for the available position. Purpose of other meetings was to get to know the role and meet with the people I would potentially work with. I even got to sit with a sales rep and listen into their call -- very cool experience.

After this, I was called back to give an over-the-phone sales pitch and attempt to sell the product as a final round. I struggled to find a grip and at one point, HR un-muted their phone and blurted out how badly I was doing on the call. That's where the interview ended on my end. Completely unprofessional and aggressive -- I had no desire to work at a company where I would work with a hiring manager like that.

I still received an offer (which, I think, is because I connected with the other team members I met). But, I obviously declined.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think this job is for you, why do you want this job and why do you think you would be a good candidate?   Answer Question

Overly aggressive hiring manager and extremely low base salary.

Sales Representative Interview

Wow. What can I say about this interview process? Well for starters, I had a very easy phone interview. I applied for the position online and then within 2 hours I received a phone call from them. I then had an in-person interview at their "office" which was really intense. I was interviewed by three different people and then sat down with one of their sales representatives to discuss the position. I was asked to come back for the final interview but I had to first prepare a PowerPoint about Signpost products which I had to sell to the manager. They told me they would contact me later that day about whether I got the position but they never contacted me. This company is EXTREMELY unprofessional. After going through three interviews and giving a PowerPoint presentation, the least they could do is call me.

Interview Questions
    • What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
      Running
      Now try to sell me on running with you.
        View Answer

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost .

The process was pretty simple. I received a call from a recruiting manager who pretty much asked me the basic questions ( why do you want to work in sales, why signpost&I and all the other typical sales questions). After the screening process, I was brought into the office for a face to face interview with a recruiting manager, sales manager and sat down with one of the sales representatives to see what exactly they do. I already knew i wasn't a right fit from the moment I walked. Everyone was dressed extremely casual while I wore business casual clothing. Secondly, as I was going over my resume, the recruiter (Lior) stopped me before I even finished and said " I was too corporate for the position" even though I told her I'm open to different opportunities. After grilling me on why I want to do sales, what motivates me, and why signpost a million times, she still continued to put down my ability to work there even though my answers were "spot on" and "exactly what she would say". She couldn't look past my endeavors in the corporate and financial industry and therefore felt I wouldn't be a fit in their young, lax environment. The interview with the sales manager which pretty much the same but she was open to hear what I had today. Overall, it wasn't a great interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me an item. Difficult for those who don't know how to think quick.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Signpost in September 2014.

Interview process was really fun. The interviewers all have good personalities. It is a laid back experience and definitely not scary. If i had to do it again, I would do it again.

Interview Questions
    • Had to pick something - anything we wanted - to sell to one of the interviewers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Signpost .

Starts with a phone interview that is pretty basic and then an in-person interview is scheduled. I was told I had made it into the second round after the in-person however I did not receive any contact for about a month and when I followed up with this person she never got back to me.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty straightforward, one that surprised me was: what are some words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Signpost .

Applied online, had a scheduled phone interview with the recruiter. She called late due to being held up in a meeting, we spoke about the company and my background. After that she said a hiring manager would be in touch with me, three weeks later and still haven't heard anything and this is after I followed up twice with the recruiter to see what was going on.

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost .

First there is a phone interview as a means for pre-qualifying candidates and asking about any glaring issues in their resume/ application. Next is an in-office interview with a recruiter, 2 sales managers, and the sales director. Lastly there is a demonstration of your knowledge of the platform over the phone using Powerpoint and Join.me

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want a career in sales? This is difficult because very rarely do people actually want to pursue a career in sales. More often than not they want to use it as a stepping stone to a different career.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation because they do allow for an uncapped commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Signpost in April 2014.

I applied online for a different position but was contacted by the sales team hiring manager to ask if I would like to come in for an interview for a position on the sales team. I asked about horizontal movement throughout the company once hired and received a few vague responses. The main focus of the interviewers questions revolved around the ability to close the sale and accept rejection. This was followed by sitting in on a few calls with a top earning Associate.

Interview Questions

Was not excited about cold pitching and hard closing expectations. I was looking for existing client sales and customer service. No customer relationship building in this position. Seemed like a cool and fun company to work for.