Signpost

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – First there is a phone interview as a means for pre-qualifying candidates and asking about any glaring issues in their resume/ application. Next is an in-office interview with a recruiter, 2 sales managers, and the sales director. Lastly there is a demonstration of your knowledge of the platform over the phone using Powerpoint and Join.me

Interview Question – Why do you want a career in sales? This is difficult because very rarely do people actually want to pursue a career in sales. More often than not they want to use it as a stepping stone to a different career.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation because they do allow for an uncapped commission.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met with sales team recruiter to discuss company. That was followed by being interviewed by two sales managers with a focus on cold phone sales. I then spoke with a top salesman to discuss company personality. The interview was moved to the sales floor allowing me to see the process for contacting clients before closing with any questions I had about the position.

Interview Question – Sell me on something you have sold before.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Signpost in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple phone and in person interview. It took a while to get set up because the managers did not seem to communicate. I may be overthinking this, but they seemed surprised when I showed up for my scheduled interivew.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Signpost?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, you start at 20k just like everyone else.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Signpost in September 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with someone about my experience and qualifications, I was contacted again to schedule an interview in the Denver office. I immediately felt overdressed when I walked into the office, as the relatively casual office environment left me sticking out like a sore thumb in my suit. A couple of the managers in the office took turns speaking with me, and I then sat at the desk with a sales rep to get a feel for being on the phones and what the work entails. I was then given the opportunity to ask the rep some questions without management present, which helped give me a feel for the various pros/cons of working here. I was contacted again following this interview and asked to put together a presentation. This involved researching the Signpost platform and presenting over the phone to a manager as well as the VP of Revenue as they pretended to own a struggling gym in need of our services. Following this screen-share phone presentation, I was contacted within an hour with an offer.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard $20k base salary is rather meager, but uncapped commission makes it hard to negotiate.

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Signpost in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview, second round interview (had to pretend to sell them something).

Interview Question – The mock sales pitch was difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I just accepted the offer.

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – Few Interviews and a role play

Interview Question – Sell the product you don't yet know.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – Three interviews. Phone --> In House --> Power point presentation in person.

Interview Question – The power point presentation.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – 3 interviews, all done with different people. Took about a week in total and was pretty easy.

Interview Question – I had to create a power point presentation in order to "sell" one of the managers. I wouldn't say it was at all difficult, but unexpected and it did take me a few hours to create.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations whatsoever, you get paid what everyone else gets paid.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – Applied online, scheduled phone interview, got asked some basic questions about my background and got a little information about the company. Scheduled an in person interview and met with a person from HR and the Sales director. Pretty straight forward questions about why you want the position and a little more about your background.

After that was emailed to participate in a sales pitch via computer. Put together a powerpoint presentation and pitched the product. Pretty basic nothing crazy. Got some feedback and then waited for an offer.

Interview Question – Sales pitch, you are given a scenario and you have to tailor your pitch around it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base salary plus commission

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – My interview process with Signpost was a series of disasters.

I applied online for a sales associate position in the Denver, CO office and heard back about a week later to schedule a phone interview. The first attempt, I was called at the pre-determined time to be told that the person that was to interview me was busy and we came up with a time to reschedule. When that time came, I got NO call or contact whatsoever. I emailed the manager I had previously been in contact with to see if there was a miscommunication. He got back got me more than a week later and we came up with another time for the phone interview. When that time came, once again-- NOTHING. At this point I was fed up and decided to move on.

Almost two weeks later a different hiring manager called me and next to begged me to interview with them. After expressing my concern over the previous situations, we agreed to a phone interview a few days later. On that day, I talked briefly with a hiring manager who invited me down to their NYC office for an in-person interview, and was told to email him personally with the day I would be able to go (I was in my last semester of school and had to plan around that). When I emailed him a few days later to say that I would like to interview the next week, I got no response. Two weeks later, I got a phone call with an apology and a request to interview later that week. I ignored it, as I was completely frustrated by the entire experience.

Overall, the employees I spoke with were incredibly unprofessional. There is no excuse for their behavior, and I recommend to anyone to not bother with this company. It is NOT worth the frustration. I'm not sure if I caught the managers at a bad time (changes in the office or management or something), but this was absolutely ridiculous. If this is how they treat people that want to work for their company, I don't have high hopes for Signpost.

Signpost  Manager of Sales Talent responded to this review

Feb 20, 2014

Thank you for this in depth feedback, we have actually spent the last month restructuring the interview process and are currently implementing a new tracking system. As our company hits different ... More

Worked for Signpost ? Contribute to the Community!