Signpost

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – First there is a phone interview as a means for pre-qualifying candidates and asking about any glaring issues in their resume/ application. Next is an in-office interview with a recruiter, 2 sales managers, and the sales director. Lastly there is a demonstration of your knowledge of the platform over the phone using Powerpoint and Join.me

Interview Question – Why do you want a career in sales? This is difficult because very rarely do people actually want to pursue a career in sales. More often than not they want to use it as a stepping stone to a different career.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation because they do allow for an uncapped commission.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Signpost in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple phone and in person interview. It took a while to get set up because the managers did not seem to communicate. I may be overthinking this, but they seemed surprised when I showed up for my scheduled interivew.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Signpost?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, you start at 20k just like everyone else.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Signpost in September 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. After speaking with someone about my experience and qualifications, I was contacted again to schedule an interview in the Denver office. I immediately felt overdressed when I walked into the office, as the relatively casual office environment left me sticking out like a sore thumb in my suit. A couple of the managers in the office took turns speaking with me, and I then sat at the desk with a sales rep to get a feel for being on the phones and what the work entails. I was then given the opportunity to ask the rep some questions without management present, which helped give me a feel for the various pros/cons of working here. I was contacted again following this interview and asked to put together a presentation. This involved researching the Signpost platform and presenting over the phone to a manager as well as the VP of Revenue as they pretended to own a struggling gym in need of our services. Following this screen-share phone presentation, I was contacted within an hour with an offer.

Interview Question – Sell me this pen.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Standard $20k base salary is rather meager, but uncapped commission makes it hard to negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Denver, CO

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Signpost in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview, second round interview (had to pretend to sell them something).

Interview Question – The mock sales pitch was difficult   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I just accepted the offer.

Sales Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – Few Interviews and a role play

Interview Question – Sell the product you don't yet know.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – 3 interviews, all done with different people. Took about a week in total and was pretty easy.

Interview Question – I had to create a power point presentation in order to "sell" one of the managers. I wouldn't say it was at all difficult, but unexpected and it did take me a few hours to create.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations whatsoever, you get paid what everyone else gets paid.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Signpost .

Interview Details – Applied online, scheduled phone interview, got asked some basic questions about my background and got a little information about the company. Scheduled an in person interview and met with a person from HR and the Sales director. Pretty straight forward questions about why you want the position and a little more about your background.

After that was emailed to participate in a sales pitch via computer. Put together a powerpoint presentation and pitched the product. Pretty basic nothing crazy. Got some feedback and then waited for an offer.

Interview Question – Sales pitch, you are given a scenario and you have to tailor your pitch around it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base salary plus commission

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Signpost in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interview is challenging. They screen well. Come prepared or don't come at all.

Interview Question – Sell me this BIC pen.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Signpost

Interview Details – Met with a few different managers, all asked different questions. Very friendly and informative.

Interview Question – What 3 personality traits make up a good sales person   Answer Question

Interviewed at Signpost

Interview Details – Applied online, immediately heard back from a Sales Manager. We had a brief phone interview and then I was invited in to interview in the office where I met with him, the HR director, and a Sales Rep. Very reasonable interview process, everyone was friendly, great office culture.

Interview Question – The HR Manager picked up a pen off of the nearest table and asked me to sell it to him.   View Answer

Worked for Signpost ? Contribute to the Community!