Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.5

Lead A&P Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coatesville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Coatesville, PA).

Interview

The interview was rather informal considering the position for which I applied. This was a promotion level interview from within the company, and I was interviewed by my Supervisor, then by my HR representative at a later time. As I had already been working with my newly promoted supervisor for over a year, and had been originally interviewed to work for Sikorsky initially by this same HR Representative, this interview became somewhat awkward in that they already knew me well enough to know my work ethic and attitude. The interview became a mere formality.

Interview Questions

• Why would I make a good Lead Mechanic?   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT).

Interview

Screened by recruiting firm. Then phone interview with Sikorsky executive. Then site interviews (2 panel interviews). Panel interviews were pretty casual, more like a free-flowing discussion than a structured interview. Both interviews were nonstop interruptions with people entering and leaving the room, including the panelists. That seems to be part of Sikorsky's culture -- their meetings are free-for-alls, or at least so said their chief engineer (quite proudly) and a program director.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

One interview through a contracting service. I was hired 3 days after I applied for the job. My interview was the next day and my start day was three days later. This was a great opportunity to get a foot in the door with an aerospace OEM.

Interview Questions

• How does a helicopter move forward and backwards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiate. What they offer is what you receive.

Systems/Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Idaho Falls, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

I felt the interview went very well. I was able to relate well with the manager and he with me. He asked me to discuss my experience first, then, he focused on key areas he was interested in. I have an extremely broad background spanning many industries and various occupations which he was also interested in. It was the first interview I'd ever had where the total of my experience really mattered to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• He wanted to know about my experience with suppliers.   1 Answer

Aerospace Engineer Coop Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

Phone Interview. Pretty basic stuff over the phone, i.e. interests, goals, etc. Nothing too stressful. Very professional over the phone but kind of laid back. Was not too technical but did ask about previous course work in school.

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks from initial contact. I applied online, a couple of weeks later I got contacted by a recruiter for screening and initial interviews. The hiring manager then followed up with me and was very professional, he knows his stuff and definitely a guy I really looked forward to meeting. Then got called onsite for super day. Went through security, had the plant and site tour, then met with the HR person in addition to both hiring managers, in addition to lunch. Both were professional and well informed, in addition to the meetings going well. Then....the hiring lady goes "You'll hear from me in a week". I follow up after the meeting with a thank you note. A week goes by, nothing, two weeks go by, nothing. So I reach out only to be told they haven't made a decision yet. This is after a lack of follow through, especially since in our field follow ups are extremely critical to getting anything done....and we discussed this during the interviews as well. I thought the staff was very professional, but the lack of follow through was a bit off putting especially since people take the time and there are expectations set. One thing to note though....I found the on site interviews a bit over-staged. Plant tours, videos about the company, lunch provided, cafeteria, library tour etc was a bit too much. Those things are usually done after an offer has been made and accepted. Not when you're just interviewing candidates. So that was a bit off putting. So it's been 6 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Role specific questions, scenario questions.   1 Answer

IT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Whole process took two weeks, though nothing was ever on time. From the first phone call to the actual interviews. Spoke with the HR lackey, then the hiring manager, things appeared to have gone well. Then went in for the in-person interviews. That was a whole production that wasn't necessary since it involved at least 25 other candidates. They did this whole presentation, videos, plant tours, even provided lunch. That was a bit too much.....thought that was something you did after making the offer. Actual interview was ok, seemed very scripted and they were just going through the motions. Only real meaningful part was when the actual IT guy had some discussions around the position, expectations etc. It all seemed to go well. Then zero follow up. Thats the one part that should have been the red flag even from the initial interviews. No follow up email, no updates, not even the automated email. I don't think some HR people realize they are also being observed / interviewed, they seem to turn themselves into a brick wall between the organization and the public. Needless to say I was turned off and tried to follow up. The response was flat...."no updates at this time". The lady just seemed very standoffish but then again perhaps that's the culture there. Thumbs down!

Test Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

They first brought us into a big conference and the HR people gave us a presentation (3 of us). Then they called us in one at a time for interviews. I interviewed with two different managers and had lunch with other interviewees. After lunch some real estate people gave us a presentation. Then they took us on a tour of the plant. I never heard back from Sikorsky either way after spending 6 hours and writing email inquiring about status. They are laying people off in CT so maybe that's why...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sikorsky? Asked mostly about resume.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Began with brief phone screen, pretty informal. A few days later I was asked in for in-person interview. I began with an HR Generalist and the Operations Head, then I was toured around by the dept manager. Whole process took about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty standard interview questions, including, "what was the most recent kaizen event you led and what was the result?"   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by HR talked briefly on the phone, after which invited for an on campus interview. The interview day consisted of two interviews, 1 with an hr rep. and a engineer from the team I'd be joining. Pretty standard questions, asked about my resume, tell me about a time. After which I had an interview with 3 managers from the different teams, pretty standard also no curve balls. The second interview was more technical than the first. Asked me about filters, controllers etc.