Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.4

Aerospace Engineer Coop Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Phone Interview. Pretty basic stuff over the phone, i.e. interests, goals, etc. Nothing too stressful. Very professional over the phone but kind of laid back. Was not too technical but did ask about previous course work in school.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in February 2015.

Was contacted by HR talked briefly on the phone, after which invited for an on campus interview. The interview day consisted of two interviews, 1 with an hr rep. and a engineer from the team I'd be joining. Pretty standard questions, asked about my resume, tell me about a time. After which I had an interview with 3 managers from the different teams, pretty standard also no curve balls. The second interview was more technical than the first. Asked me about filters, controllers etc.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky.

1st call from the recruiter.
    2nd call from the hiring manager.
    3rd was an onsite interview with HR and Design lead. (very Technical interview)

took drug test and catia test to see if i knew what i was talking about. Really interesting stuff.
    asked me about using the different various workbenches within the software.

Interview Questions
    Stick to your guns with what your worth.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Applied through college career fair and then was invited to Super Day. From there had two interviews with two different people. I was given a tour of the facility and a presentation on the company and organizations within the company as well.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions at all. Was mostly just a conversation with two people about the company. Very casual and laid back.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Applied online and received a relatively quick phone Interview from the hiring manager. Received an offer the same week. There wasn't really much to it. Have a really good resume because that is what managers focus on reading before they select you for an interview. The process was relatively quick and painless, however, it was very late. My phone interview was done in early May, and my start date was in June.

Interview Questions
    • All interview questions were very simple and basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky.

I was contacted to set up a phone interview, and then I had a short phone interview with the hiring engineer just to see if I had interest. Afterwards, I was interviewed on-site, going through 4 rounds of interviews. They asked typical behavioral questions provided by HR, and it was generally a very friendly atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. As long as you had experiences already in mind to describe team efforts and challenges, you can answer the "Describe a time when..." type questions very easily.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in October 2014.

I was inviting to Sikorsky's Super Day and was pretty shocked that the interview was with a group (O&R) who explicitly told me over the phone that other parts of the company would be more in line with my skill-set. The majority of the day was just being shown around and told the benefits of the company with one 45-minute period of questions that were not technical in nature. It was not unexpected when I was not offered a job as I was once again told the same thing by the same person who interviewed me by phone. The whole experience was seemingly a pointless exercise for both parties involved and I was expecting to be interviewed by someone else.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with someone not fulfilling their duties?   Answer Question

Ground Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Sikorsky.

I was invited to a Super - Day as a result of my on campus interview. I had 4 rounds total. 3 of those rounds were on the same day but with different departments.

Interview Questions
    Very straightforward. If you feel you deserve a higher pay grade give examples why and give your increase as a percentage rather than a number. It is easier to value your work as a percentage increase of what they already gave you than asking for say $5000 more.

Compliance Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sikorsky.

Got a call from an outside recruiter and set up an in-person interview with the hiring manager, who was distracted the whole time and didn't really ask me about anything except what was on my resume. I was supposed to meet with a second person but they were unavailable. I got a call back a few days later asking me to come back for a second interview with a senior manager. Again, there weren't any questions beyond what was on my resume - the interviewer did 90% of the talking. I got a call from the hiring manager about 3-5 days later making me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Really, there wasn't any. The interviewers did not really ask me about anything that wasn't on my resume.   Answer Question
    I had to negotiate directly with the hiring manager. I told them the salary I wanted. They wouldn't give me an answer then, but I was told the actual offer would be on my offer letter that I would receive in a few days. When I received the letter, it offered me what I asked for.

Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky in July 2014.

Surprisingly little formality to the process. For an all-day visit, I was not given any agenda before or upon arriving. Interview was largely haphazard meetings with team members. I'm reviewing primarily to note their delay in reimbursing travel expenses. It's been a month already and I'm told it will be at least 2 more weeks. While inquiring about this I learned that my only contact was out-of-office for 2 weeks without providing a delegation contact, and my inquiries elsewhere in the company led nowhere, as they said they had no access to my expense info because I wasn't an employee. This and their use of outdated paper forms did not inspire confidence in their internal processes.