Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.5

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky in September 2009.

Interview

The first portion was a phone interview. Next there was a 1:1 interview, which went well. Approximately 1 week later, I had a round of interviews within the finance arena, right up to the CFO. I found it refreshing that every Finance person who is hired must meet the CFO. I cannot think of any other company I have ever interviewed for where I met with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• Primarily interested in ethics. If you are not interesting in maintaining your professional integrity and having the hightest ethical standards, this is not the company for you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are interested in furthering your education, take this into consideration. Most master's degrees can cost up to $100K. They pay for everything, including books, and they do it up front. I have never seen this type of commitment to employee development.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in January 2009.

Interview

30 mins with the hiring supervisor

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not flexible.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, then one on one with direct, manager, then analyst. Came back to meet the VP

Supply Management- Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

One day intensive review process at the time I was hired. I was interviewed by Managers, Directors, and Vice-Presidents in one day. Was offered the position two days later. I was interviewed that day as part one of five candidates. From what I could tell, 3 of us were offered and accepted the position.

IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took 6 weeks from initial contact. I applied online, a couple of weeks later I got contacted by a recruiter for screening and initial interviews. The hiring manager then followed up with me and was very professional, he knows his stuff and definitely a guy I really looked forward to meeting. Then got called onsite for super day. Went through security, had the plant and site tour, then met with the HR person in addition to both hiring managers, in addition to lunch. Both were professional and well informed, in addition to the meetings going well. Then....the hiring lady goes "You'll hear from me in a week". I follow up after the meeting with a thank you note. A week goes by, nothing, two weeks go by, nothing. So I reach out only to be told they haven't made a decision yet. This is after a lack of follow through, especially since in our field follow ups are extremely critical to getting anything done....and we discussed this during the interviews as well. I thought the staff was very professional, but the lack of follow through was a bit off putting especially since people take the time and there are expectations set. One thing to note though....I found the on site interviews a bit over-staged. Plant tours, videos about the company, lunch provided, cafeteria, library tour etc was a bit too much. Those things are usually done after an offer has been made and accepted. Not when you're just interviewing candidates. So that was a bit off putting. So it's been 6 weeks total.

Interview Questions

• Role specific questions, scenario questions.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Bridgeport, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

Started process through a head hunter. Went to a hiring event and had initial interview Received on site interview date 2 weeks later. Met with 5 managers 4 weeks later i received an offer for three different positions. Spoke with e act of thre hiring managers to get a better understanding of the jobs and finally picked PM role.

Interview Questions

• How do you get people to do what you want.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much option for pay discussion. Received a sign on bonus instead.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Began with brief phone screen, pretty informal. A few days later I was asked in for in-person interview. I began with an HR Generalist and the Operations Head, then I was toured around by the dept manager. Whole process took about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked pretty standard interview questions, including, "what was the most recent kaizen event you led and what was the result?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

Phone Interview. Pretty basic stuff over the phone, i.e. interests, goals, etc. Nothing too stressful. Very professional over the phone but kind of laid back. Was not too technical but did ask about previous course work in school.

Systems/Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Idaho Falls, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

I felt the interview went very well. I was able to relate well with the manager and he with me. He asked me to discuss my experience first, then, he focused on key areas he was interested in. I have an extremely broad background spanning many industries and various occupations which he was also interested in. It was the first interview I'd ever had where the total of my experience really mattered to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• He wanted to know about my experience with suppliers.   1 Answer

Product Support Engineer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was very comprehensive and covered presentation skills, logical thinking, and engineering knowledge. They asked me to create a powerpoint and consolidate information similar to the information I would be working with on the job. I was prepared for this interview by the staffing agency that connected me.