Sikorsky

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Average Difficulty
57 candidate interviews

Intern

I applied through other source and interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I was contacted a few months later by a member of HR to set up a phone interview. The HR member was friendly and while I was asked a difficult question or two, I was asked more details if my answers were not quite sufficient, and I felt no pressure.

Interview Question – What are some goals you have for your future?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sikorsky

Interview Details – Since this is the defense firm, if you want to get in, do not raise any objections on "morality" issues...

Interview Question – Experience questions   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Intern Interview

Summer Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview Details – Got accepted only after a phone interview. Make sure you are enthusiastic about the department that you are interviewing for because the interviewee will be. I was asked simple behavioral questions and nothing technical.

Interview Question – What skills do you have for a particular IT project that the department was implementing.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview Details – There was a hiring post on my university website for a Summer/Fall Co-op. They asked to submit a resume on the site and their own site. I got an email asking for a phone email and a there was a phone conference set up. In the phone conference, I was interviewed for three different internships, system engineering, operational management, and risk management. They basically went through my resume and asked me to talk about it.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was which type of person are you, a system planner or system implementer.   Answer Question

Aircraft Manager Interview

Aircraft Manager

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview Details – Straight forward interview.( Telephone only) Panel of 4 members of the aircraft manager team including the lead manager. Took awhile to actually start work. Long process.

Interview Question – all straight fwd question on aircraft expierence and number of people I have supervised   Answer Question

Instrumentation Engineer Interview

Instrumentation Engineer
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter and asked if I would be interested. They set up a phone interview the next day. The interview was VERY informal and lasted maybe 15 min. Most of the questions were 'do you know about this' or 'have you ever worked with that'. Offer extended that afternoon.

Interview Question – What do you do in your free time.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible. Take it or leave it basically. All handled through contracting house.

Lead Flight Coordinator Interview

Lead Flight Coordinator
Wappingers Falls, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sikorsky in March 2013.

Interview Details – Nice people. Straight forward interview based more on behaviorial questions than technical.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sikorsky in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview set up by someone in the company. receive a call to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. the whole interview took about 2 hours. was told I would get a call. I got a call and an email with an offer.

Interview Questions

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst
Stratford, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sikorsky in December 2010.

Interview Details – 1 - Applied online
2 - Received e-mail from HR 3 weeks later inviting me for an on-site with the hiring manager that Friday
3 - On-site with hiring manager - position was not at all what was listed in the description but felt interview went well.
4 - Received automated e-mail rejection 6 days later

Interview Question – Rate your skill level with PowerPoint   Answer Question

Avionics Technician Interview

Avionics Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sikorsky in June 2008.

Interview Details – Came in as a contractor with TSI and after 8 months went direct with the company. There was no real interview because of proven work experience.

Interview Question – Not really had any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer and I countered for more. Then settled on a figure more than their offer but less than my counter.

Worked for Sikorsky? Contribute to the Community!