Sikorsky Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.5

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

The hiring process was straight forward but the inbound process was long and laborious. It actually took over 2 months from the time the job was offered until the inbound process was completed.

Negotiation

Easy negotiation

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Stratford, CT).

Interview

Straight forward process. I applied for the job and was called in to interview. Spent a few minutes talking with several people in the department, in sequence. I was asked about my experiences in school and what I hoped to do on the job. I found this interview process to be fairly easy compared to interviews at other companies. They didn't challenge me with any tough questions and didn't try to evaluate my skills.

Interview Questions

• There weren't many difficult questions. Mostly they explained to me what the job would entail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation available. Sikorsky gave an offer and I had to accept it or not.

Production Control Interview

Interview

No outside positions must be a contractor first.

Ace Gold Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Consisted of a phone call. Later I learned the position was cancled

Interview Questions

• Questions on ACE Gold. Program was essentially internally created and there was very little on the net about the program   1 Answer

Aircraft Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

Straight forward interview.( Telephone only) Panel of 4 members of the aircraft manager team including the lead manager. Took awhile to actually start work. Long process.

Interview Questions

• all straight fwd question on aircraft expierence and number of people I have supervised   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR to set up an phone interview with supervisor. Interview lasted approximately one hour. Mostly personality/behavioral questions and review of resume, asking for additional information about experience. Interviewer carried the conversation for the most part and was very easy to talk to. Also included description of company and position. Waited about 1 week for offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Very competitive compensation and benefits for intern.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sikorsky.

Interview

There was a hiring post on my university website for a Summer/Fall Co-op. They asked to submit a resume on the site and their own site. I got an email asking for a phone email and a there was a phone conference set up. In the phone conference, I was interviewed for three different internships, system engineering, operational management, and risk management. They basically went through my resume and asked me to talk about it.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was which type of person are you, a system planner or system implementer.   Answer Question

Lead Flight Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wappingers Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky (Wappingers Falls, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Nice people. Straight forward interview based more on behaviorial questions than technical.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coatesville, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sikorsky (Coatesville, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had a panel interview with a direct manager, an overall manager, and two coworkers. They all took turns asking me questions, pretty much a review of my resume and general office skills. There was some behavioral questions, how I would react if this or that happened. After the interview they took me on a tour of the plant and then I had a one on one with the direct manager. Here she talked more with me on what I was expecting in the position and gave me an overview of the benefits offered.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was "Why do you want to be in this role?"   Answer Question

The distance from my home to the office was the deciding factor.

Control Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sikorsky in June 2012.

Interview

The phone interview was detailed in its requirements and rather straightforward. There was banter and a questions on have I done this or done that. There was also one or two on role playing. If you were faced with this situation what would you do? All and all it went well and they hired me without a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were faced with an irate customer what would you do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated a per diem splt for first year