Sikorsky

Updated Dec 24, 2014

2.4

Supply Management- Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sikorsky in December 2010.

One day intensive review process at the time I was hired. I was interviewed by Managers, Directors, and Vice-Presidents in one day. Was offered the position two days later. I was interviewed that day as part one of five candidates. From what I could tell, 3 of us were offered and accepted the position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Sikorsky in August 2010.

All internet job posts go to the Managers directly not HR. If you are a contractor you may be hired but they have a two year rule on time and material...their are always exceptions to the rule if you are a relative there are a lot of exceptions....or a friend of a friend......

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a relative that works here?   View Answer
    There was none, it was far below expectations but I needed the job.

Customer Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in July 2010.

Straightforward and easy with another manager sitting in. They did most of the talking as in they were selling me the position versus asking me tough questions. It lasted no more than 30 minutes. I wish all interviews were like this one,

Salary was negotiated

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sikorsky in June 2010.

Two interviews.
    1st one 15 mins
    2nd one 2 hours

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sikorsky in May 2010.

phone interview first, on-site 3 months later, typical interview

Interview Questions
    got a small bump from initial offer

Avionics Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in April 2010.

Original Process took about 2 weeks. Received a phone call for initial interview. After set up a in-person interview a week later.
    Process was fairly simple, manager mainly told me what the expectations where, reviewed my resume and my experiences. Asked mainly ethical and scenario questions.
    I may not have gotten hammered because I was coming fresh out of college.

Interview Questions
    • The how would you handle this scenario questions really proved to be the most difficult. Since I was just coming out of college I didn't have much experience in answering those type of questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much of negation. They offered me 1 offer. take it or leave it type of deal.

Aircraft Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belleville, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sikorsky in March 2010.

I initially applied through MIAT and gained the interview though one of the schools recruiters.The school set up the interview. After completing the paperwork and background check they sent me in for drug testing. One they got the results I was given a start date. I was able to visit the area and found suitable accomodations not far from where the job was located.

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with some one when the say youve made a mistake?   View Answer
    no negotation was necessary, it was a union job.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, AL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in February 2010.

Went through manpower to recieve interview. Set up interview. Arrived & Signed in @ Security Desk. Waited for about 20 minutes, Went into HR office. Spoke about the position, My skills, My educational background and experiences. Gave me detailed information about the potential to go full-time (direct). Spoke about benifits of the company and position details.

Interview Questions

It wasn't what I wanted. Not enough of an offer (salary) wise.

Financial Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sikorsky in February 2010.

three interviews - HR, MGR, peer

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a peer do something unethical ?   Answer Question
    no negotiating

Flight Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sikorsky in January 2010.

Really easy and straightforward. Just talked to the people I would be working with or for.